[The Pavilion] A Walk About [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 10th, 2011, 1:15 am

39th of Spring 511

The sun was high above Ahnatep, just falling from it's highest point. The market was busy as any day, crowded with people looking for goods, and vendors busy trying to sell them. Malah strolled lazily through the crowd in her human form, her white hair flowing down the back of her tan robes. Ignoring the merchants for the most part, she gazed around at what they actually had for sale. It was difficult for her though, her short stature made seeing through the crowd a pain. So she made her way to a random stall. It was lavishly decorated, and had many little trinkets and small pieces of jewelery.Pausing here for a moment, she looked through some of the silver that was out. An Eypharian man of perhaps 35 walked up and smiled to her,

"Greetings Miss, are you interested in any of this fine jewelery? this necklace would look simply stunning on you!" He said, taking a thin, silver necklace from the stall with one of his four arms. Two of the merchants others arms grabbed something as well: a golden bracelet that looked very plain, and a pair of silver earrings with a small sapphire in each. "Or perhaps one of these would be more to your fancy? Both are of the utmost quality, I assure you."

Malah glared at the merchant, then spoke in low, controlled common,
"Pleasse. Go away. I will let you know if I find ssomething that I wish to purchassse." With that, she went back to looking at the jewelry. A bracelet caught her glimpse, made of silver and in the form of a snake. Malah picked it up and tried it on her arm, looking at it from different angles. She waved over the merchant and waited patiently as he walked back to her.

Last edited by Kalasshmalah on April 11th, 2011, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Words: 33972
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 11:22 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Gasvirassasvani on April 10th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Today was going to be beautiful, Asvani decided. The sun was warm on her skin and hair as she wandered through the street in her human form. The market place was busy... very busy. People kept bumping into her. As she passed a jewelry vendor, she stopped to look. Maybe she stopped a little too suddenly, because the person walking behind Asvani accidentally pushed her, this time into a woman who was also looking at the jeweler's wares. "Sssorry, sssorry... are you alright?", Asvani asked as she righted herself and her clothing. The dancer's uniform was fine, but the sari was all out of place.
Gasvirassasvani
Player

Words: 2383
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2011, 12:22 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 11th, 2011, 12:44 am

"Have you found something that suits your exquisite tastes Miss?" The merchant asked Malah. She nodded slightly, and held the silver bracelet for the merchant to see. Suddenly, she was jolted and dropped the piece to the ground. Grabbing the bracelet quickly before it could be stepped on, she handed it to the merchant and then whirled around. Glaring icily at the much larger woman she hissed out in common, "Petch! watch where you walk, woman!"

Malah's gaze softened somewhat when Asvani apologized, but was still cold.
"I am fine. I hope the sssame can be ssaid for the bracelet I wasss looking at." She motioned around to the merchant who, though looking annoyed, nodded that it was fine. I shouldn't judge her weak so soon, Malah thought, then said with a forced smile "Are you alright?"

Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Gasvirassasvani on April 12th, 2011, 12:08 am

Asvani righted her clothing with an embarrassed look on her face. She must be one of the clumsiest dancers alive to actually hit someone... given it was helped, but still. Clumsy.
"Asss alright asss I can be. But iss it just me, or do people never ssseem to look down? Thiss iss not the first time I have been pusshed into sssomeone.", she said, scanning the jewelry on the table. Idly, she picked up pieces that interested her, inspected them, then set them down again. "Then again, it may be my fault after all. Or maybe the fault of this merchant'sss marvelouss waress? Pleassse excusse the rambling. I am Gasvirassasvani... Asvani to friendsss. And you are...?"
Gasvirassasvani
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 12th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Malah waited patiently for her to finish, staring at her with her cold eyes. "I am Kalasshmalah, Malah for short." Then she continued harshly, "Actually, it isss your fault. You are weak. They sssee but a ssmall girl they may pussshh around, and you do nothing to ssay otherwisssse." Malah motioned for her to wait just a moment, then looked back to the salesman.

"How much do you want for that bracelet?" the Eypharian smiles widely and replied [color=#000000]"For this beautiful piece? I think I could let you have it for only 5 gold Miza."

Shaking her head she retorted,
"No. There were sssimilar bracceletsss that cosst half as much at another stall. Perhapssss I sshould go purchassse one of thosse?"

"There'll be no need for that Miss. I can perhaps lower my price to 3 gold Miza, but only because the bracelet looks absolutely stunning on you."
The merchant said quickly, and held the bracelet close to Malah's arm for to further persuade her.

After looking him down coldly for a moment, Malah accepted the deal, handing him three golden Miza. She gently places the bracelet on her arm, then turned back to Asvani.

"Sssso...how doesss a Dhani let hersself become ssso weak?"

OOC: Ledger -3gm

Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Gasvirassasvani on April 12th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Gasvirassasvani wrote:

Hearing the insult, Asvani kept her pleasant demeanor in place. ”I did not think refraining from ssshowing your full hand to everyone around you was consssidered “weak”. Asss I understand it, only the weak need to wear their fangsss plainly on their sssleeves”, she replied quietly. She sighted a hair ornament made of rose gold with a motif of gently flowing waves bearing a light colored amethyst and held it up to the light for inspection. ”Sssurely you know that you catch more fliesss with honey than acid?
Asvani turned to the merchant and asked the price. The Eypharian replied “I would let you take it for six gold miza.” Upon hearing the price, her green eyes seemed to harden. ” Ssssix?”, Asvani held up the ornament, letting the amethyst hit the light. ”Ssssurely you are missstaken. You mussst mean thiss piece”, she said as she held up another identical ornament with a darker amethyst. ”Ssurely you are not trying to sssell me an inferior item. Thisss stone is mostly quartz, holding up the lighter stone, ”not worth the price of amethyssst.”
Under her scrutiny, the Eypharian buckled. ”Ah, but you are right, lady. I was mistaken. I will sell you the lighter one for two gold mizas."
Asvani’s eyes softened again as she took the ornament. ”Sssold, my friend. Turning to Malah as she placed the ornament in her hair, securing it and her dancing scarves to her head, I will let ssssomeone try to take advantage, only until it is too late. Being pushed around in a crowd means nothing as long as you know you can take the real challenge when it comes. As it is, we may well move on, I think this merchant is growing weary of having jewelry bartered out from under him.

OOC Ledger: -2 gm
Gasvirassasvani
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 13th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Malah laughed, a gentle tinkling sound that seemed much out of place. "Who ssaid anything about ssshhowing your hand? A little information, even falssse, can do many things. Even causse people to give you ssspacce." She studied Asvani as the Dhani bought an ornament, a slight smile playing at the edges of her mouth. "It isss good to ssee you are not ssso weak ass I had presssumed."

"You are right, and I tire of all thiss hussstle. I have but one other ssstop and then I sshall return home, perhapsss you'd like to join me? I'll be but a moment."
With that she set off toward a glassware stall, walking patiently, and smiling coldly as the crowd never once bumped her.

She approached the lady that seemed to be the owner, who's flaming red hair made her stand out from the others around. Motioning for her attention, Malah waited till the vendor came over, then she inquired
"Hello, you sseem to have a lot of glasss productss...might you have a large number of ssmall vialsss I could purchasssse?"

"I only have 10 now, but I could make you more perhaps?"
The vendor replied in heavily Nari accented common. "I charge 3 copper Miza per vial, how many would you need?"

"I could ussse 50 of them, 10 now if you would, and the rest later."
Malah reached into her coin purse and pulled out 1 gold miza and 5 silver Miza and handed it to the woman. After counting it out the vendor nodded her consent, and handed Malah 10 vials. "I will be back to pick up the rest later. Will tomorrow be fine?"The glass-merchant nodded, and with that taken care of she returned to Asvani. Sighing, she said "Now that that's all taken care of, ssshall we be off?"

OOCMalah lives at the Pillars of Dust, if you agree to go with her, that's where she would lead you.
OOC: Ledger -1gm, -5sm

Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Seley Elthen on June 2nd, 2012, 8:10 pm

Seley begins walking through the market, viewing the wares of several leather makers and weapon-smiths. He stops and stares at a beautifully curved Katana, admiring the sheen and the material of the blade. However, this blade is not shaded like his, so he continues walking. He notices the sweet smell of fresh suasage, and quickly scans the marketplace for the vendor. After a short moment of searching, he sees the source of the smell. He walks over to the meat vendor, and tries to order a sausage. At exactly that moment, unfortunately, a small group of people pushes him out of the way, and buys all the sausage. Looking through slit eyes, he watches them walk away, laughing at their own ignorance.

Same day, afternoon.

After a few hours of searching, he finds a proper store and walks in. The store specializes in weapons. Noticing he only has 65 GMs left, he decides to simply browse. After viewing the wares, the store owner walks up and asks, "Can I interest you in anything, my good man?" Seley responds, "Nothing. Just browsing." Seley the walks out, and heads for home.
Seley Elthen
Player

Words: 2578
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Allan Campbell on June 15th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Allan walked over to the two Dhani and made himself visible in his most pleasant form. The way he was before he died.He turned to the woman who had heard call herself Malah "Hello there Dhani, I overheard you talking to your friend here about a journey and I was wondering if I could join. I could make it worth your while." He faded out and possessed the merchant.

She didn't put up much of a fight which helped. Once he was inside he opened her pouch full of money and handed back to the Dhani her money and then placed a vial on the ground. He then came out of the merchants body and spoke to both Dhani's this time. I can help you on your travels and so you can be sure I shall not trick you her is some of my soulmist"he said and extended his soulmist into the bottle "And my name is Allan, if I ever betray you have my permission to call me and I will appear"
Allan Campbell
Player

Words: 6183
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Ghost
Character sheet