[Flashback] Trial and Repeat (Izlude)

a courier and squire, what is there interaction

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Waheed on May 19th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Now they were equal, Two to Two. His opponent on the ground with him on top, which changed the moment the Squire swung his Shield, with his hand against the back of the wooden blade he barely blocked before he was toppled over. Getting up as quickly as the Squire did, quickly regaining his stance and footing. Both were two points, three more points to decide the victor ‘Just three’ his blade in the overhead position, his left grasping the pommel, edge facing upwards and tip pointed at his foe at his foe.

Quickly he lowered the to his front and quickly moved to close the distance between him and his foe, his left pressing against the back of the sword He aimed to lock his blade with either his opponents blade or shield, then use his left to knock either one away if the squire decided to use either one. He would knock the sword away by hitting the flat sides of the wooden longsword, the shield he would grab its corner and push it away. If it worked as a follow up he would kick the man in the stomach with the sole of his shoe and strike the back of his head with the pommel of scimitar.
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Izlude on May 19th, 2012, 5:12 pm

After successfully directing Waheed off of him, Izlude, with his shield raised stepped forward and reared back the wooden longsword held firmly in his grasp. He’d watch as Waheed extended his arm forward and gripped the top of his shield, attempting to wretch it away from its positioning. “You shouldn’t try that, you lack leverage and sacrificing control of your weapon.” He spoke in a dry tone while furrowing his brow. Using the leverage of his shield to his advantage, he’d pull his shield downwards in an attempt to snag Waheed along with it and then strike in a single fluid motion downwards towards the back of his neck.

“Get off of me.” Izlude hissed shortly after, swinging his shield in the opposite direction in an attempt to wretch its wooden surface from his opponent’s grasp and possibly smack him in the face with it as a bonus. Using his momentum, he’d then thrust the point of his wooden longsword forward, intending to bluntly ram it into Waheed’s midsection. Hopefully, his training partner’s defense would turn out to be heavily weakened with the choice of discarding his shield.
Izlude
Have Heart

Words: 14524
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2012, 3:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Waheed on May 20th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Waheed didn’t care at the moment ‘I don’t want to lose’ He thought to himself as he let go of the shield as he moved to the side to avoid the oncoming swing to his neck then jumped back to avoid getting bashed by the shield ‘Least I know better swordplay then you mate’ He said silently to the Squire as he lunged for another thrust to the squire’s stomach, if that were to work he’d pull the blade back and strike the blade over his head ‘That should keep you dazed as I finish you off’ If this were to succeed, it was to be his first victory in his first spar, and it would serve as proof that he had gained proper skill to use Scimitar, his heritage. Although he had to admit he was worried about the knight, what would he think if his protégé were defeated by the likes of Waheed? A man with no teacher and used only his own resources to train? Most likely impressed.
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Izlude on June 2nd, 2012, 2:27 am

William's voice was distant, drowned out among the blood-flow which pounded through his head, the rivulets of sweat which beaded down his face and his dwindling focus he maintained upon Waheed. Somehow, he already knew he had lost and although he couldn't put a finger on it, he could feel the precognitive sensation in his gut.

Then, he felt something else in the same area, the brunt end of Waheeds blade. Gritting his teeth, a grunt would press through their spaces and he doubled over, clenching his stomach and cradling it with his forearms. With his breath forced out of him, he found himself frantically trying to catch it as Manser, in the background shouted, giving Waheed yet another point. Anger began sweltering inside of him, bubbling upwards while his palms ground themselves into the pommel of his blade and shield handle, but it was too late.

"Waheed, one more point!" That was the final thing he'd hear before a sheet of blackness overtook his eyesight and his body fell hard to the ground. Unknowingly to him in his unconscious state, Ser William frowned and spoke to the victor.

"Well, you technically had one more point to go... But, ahem." With a sigh, the Knight walked over to his fallen Squire and looked downwards across his sweaty, lifeless face. "Looks like he still has some more practicing to do. You'll hear from us again if you're around." With a laugh, Ser William reached in his pocket and retrieved a couple gold Mizas before tossing them before Waheed. "I know you said you didn't need it but I felt inclined."

Fin.
Izlude
Have Heart

Words: 14524
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2012, 3:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chevalier on June 16th, 2012, 7:16 am

Waheed

LORE
  • Shield Trapping
  • Shoulder Tackle

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Scimitar 5
Rhetoric 1
Shield 2
Acrobatics 1
Brawling 2

Izlude

LORE
  • Shield Bashing
  • Low Stance
  • Shield Edging

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Philosophy 1
Shield 3
Longsword 3
Unarmed Combat 2
Brawling 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
Alright, pretty fun thread, I enjoyed the fight. Waheed, I’ll give you the 5gm for it. You both would have had some cuts and overall soreness after the fight, but nothing a little time wouldn’t fix. In general the difference between brawling and unarmed combat is the use of the environment and overall tact. Grabbing someone’s hair and slamming their face into the ground is brawling, while clocking someone on the side of the head with a round kick is unarmed combat. Of course there is some overlap, but when looking toward brawling, don’t be afraid to utilize the classic brawling maneuvers. Dirt tossing, hair pulling, eye gouging, etc. Good stuff. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Also, you may notice Izlude that I was modifying your posts. This is because halfway through your posts you started closing your {/framepic} before your {/frametrans} tags. When that happened all kinds of wacky things started going on with the posts and I could barely read them. I fixed it so that they closed correctly.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous