[Dragoon Training Groungs] Painful Second Day

A painful, but exersise heavy day.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Dragoon Training Groungs] Painful Second Day

Postby Kreig Messer on June 18th, 2012, 2:41 am

512 AV 38th of summer, 7th Bell 12th Chime.

“OH PETCHING” Although Kreig was a brawler, got punched in face, kicked in the gut and got bloody stabbed in a few times, in his left hand especially ‘OH DIRA, I CAN BARELY MOVE!!’ Kreig said as he slowly stood up, the soreness of his legs and arms was painful ‘Oh dear Dira….’ When people who rarely , if ever, do strenuous exercise , even if so brief, they would encounter that their body begins to cry in pan, trying to adapt the aching sensation “And I have to do this again….OH DIRA!’ The first step was usually the hardest after all, the first few days would be difficult and after a bit his body would adapt….grow use to the rigorous till even a more rigorous one was needed.

As he made his way to training grounds once more, carrying his gear while walking like some sort of limping hunchback, onlookers either wondering why he was in pain or just laughing ‘A miracle I haven’t been mugged yet’ it was early in the morning, what did he expect? People were just starting up their shops or having their morning meals, even thieves tended to need rest ‘Crime never sleeps’ maybe a true statement, but even in the city of Sunberth it needed rest. The Dragoon Guard from yesterday shook his head at Kreig “ For what it is worth, you have a bit of sympathy, I’ll laugh at you tomorrow ” Siad the guard, letting Kreig pass and find his way to Old Mac as he was in his usual place in the grounds, overlooking the training of other Dragoons

Old Mac had turned once he caught Kreig in the corner of his eyes, stifling a grin “I see were up and early, still stink though” Reaching out the palm of his hand, Kreig pulled out the three Gold Miza’s and placed them in Old Macs palms “You’ll be running again you Louse, but fear not, in your current state I fear you may pull a muscle. No weights, five chimes and no slouching” Turning his head for a second Old Mac shouted “Jethro, Run with him” Jethro nodded as he came right over, compared to the gent from yesterday he was scrawny, but he still seemed a bit experienced

“Alright Dreg, let’s go” Not much different from him in the name calling though. Kreig only grunted as he ran before the gent, leaving his training equipment on the ground alongside his gauntlets. His leg muscles were crying in pain, his whole body infact. He moved at a slow running pace with difficulty while Jethro faced no such trouble “Hey Dreg, keep it up, those aches in your body will be gone after a while. Just keep running and this will be a breeze” Words of encouragement were given ‘Surprisingly’

After the allotted 5 chimes were up, Kreig had drunk a mug of water presented to him by Jethro and after calming for a bit he looked at the fella “If you don’t mind me asking, how can you run like that and not look exhausted?’

Jethro simply chuckled and shook his head “I just got used to it, at first it was like how you were feeling; out of breath and sore all over, after a while my legs just got used to the running… And of course I learned how to breath proper”

“Breath proper?”

“yeah, breathing has a good effect on how you run. Before I run or do any training for that matter, I breath deep” Demonstrting he took a very deep breath, then after a quick moment he release his it “Mac says it helps the body feel less tired and keeps me focused, it helps warm it up too for other training” Kreig listened intently to his words, then pondered as Jethro walked away to continue other forms of training

“Oy Dreg” Shouted Old Mac, holding one of Kreig’s wooden blades and placing it in his hands” I hope you feel relaxed, because you’ll be swinging your sword again Fifty times in each…..”Before he finished that sentence he grabbed Kreig’s left hand and took notice of the scar on his palm “Dreg, you should have told me about this”

Kreig frowned slight and shrugged “I didn’t think it was important, its only a slight loss of feeling in. Still very functional”

“Shut it Dreg, a scar in the hand is still something you should have spoken about. You’re learning how to use the longsword you petching idiot’ As Old Mac sighed he placed the wooden blade in Kreigs left hand “Fine then, I want you to start swining with your left till you drop the thing. The same number of times you did with the left do it with the right and again with both holding it, then restart with the left with the same numbers” Old Mac then stepped away as he watched Kreig while still looking around the training grounds.

Kreig sighed as he held the wooden blade with left, it felt heavy in his hand despite swinging with so many times before, when really it was his arm that was heavier, still sore and tired from the day before. With a deep breath like Jethro had saif, he swung his blade down, a firm grip with his left. It was 37 swings till he dropped, his left hand accidently dropping, wether it was his old wound acting up or he was simply tired ‘I do not know’ Picking it up with his right he began to swing the wooden blade, the arm was as tired as the left was but he achieved 37 swings with it without dropping and once again with both hands….near the end he bumped the edge of wooden blade to his forehead, causing a chuckle from Old Mac and a few passing Dragoons. It was a another good five minute chime before Mac told him to stop “Alright Dreg, take a few chimes to rest yourself, then we’ll get you pitiful excuse of a bag of flesh into some exercises” Kreig only nodded in relief as he breathed hevily and sat on the ground, sweat glistening from his entire body. Looking around he could see that the Dragoons were busy running, or learning how to use their weaponry more effectively and learning new skills. Some were sparring with one another in rooms or doing more exercises. Few of them looked as bad as he was ‘New recruits I’d wager’ and they seemed to be at it much harder than Kreig was ‘Makes sense, they aren’t paying squat and the Sun’s Berth is spending money on them’ Kreig did not want to be in their shoes.

“Alright Dreg, take this wooden pole” Iit was a long one, just slightly above his chest as Kreig held it, baffled as to why he was to hold it, only to see mac with another Dragoon in training holding another pole ‘Alright Dreg, Colving here will demonstrate what I’m about to say, and I want you copy him, got that? I am not repeating it” with that Mac instructed Colving to place the pole behind his neck and spread his legs, his hands wrapped near the ends of the pole, then had him lean his body left and right. Kreig followed suit as they repeated the training method thirty times, Kreig’s body aching each time. They then stopped and with the pole still behind their necks and twisted their bodies left and right as per Mac’s words “Alright lads, your doing better than shyke. Now lean forwards and twist your bodies, thirty times’ It was repetitive and his aching body didn’t like it, Kreig couldn’t help but give off tired chuckles to keep his mind off the difficulty of these exercises.

As they continued with their training Mc had them do a smiliar one with the pole except over their heads as they leaned left and right, again thirty times ‘Lot of thirties’ thought Kreig, his body working up a sweat that could fill buckets. Bit of variety came when Mac had them place the pole forworad, the bottom end place firmly in the grounds with their rights, left raised to the back with the left grabbing their feet and then repeated with the opposite limbs for about half a chime each. Then Mac had them place the poles before them, their hands grabbing the top and planting it firmly at arm’s reach with one foot raise for half a chime, then again with the opposite leg. They wrapped up the exercises with the pole as they jumped up and down with like jumping jacks again with the ever so repetitive ‘Thirty Times’.

“Alright lads, that’s enough. Dreg, go take a bath and rest….You’ll feel worse tomorrow, in fact, its best you don’t come” Kreig groaned as he was already quite tired, the pole returned and his belongings retrieved. He groaned at the thought of feeling ‘worse’ tomorrow ‘least I get to rest’ While agonizing the next day in pain as he limped back to his tent to drop off his belonging.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)