A Friendly Brawl. ( Weyliss )

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Mugenajin on April 15th, 2010, 2:05 am

59th Day of Spring, 510 AV

Mugen had finished the negotiation about an undertable mission with an outstanding citizen of Syliras, and above all, a rich member of the community.
He had left his manor and walked across the city to find a place to stay and enjoy some drinks before getting a good night rest. Not able to find anything else that was cheap and relatively good, he settled for a stay at the Rearing Stallion.

It was a crispy spring evening as Mugen ordered a pint and sat down at a table of the Rearing Stallion, By lack of room he was forced to sit at a table with a random man. The man looked rugged yet somewhat sophisticated aswell, his outfit and gear looked well-used and relatively battered. Mugen stopped with the analysis as he sipped at his pint and tried to start a friendly chat with the man.

" Hey mate, dreading this overcrowdedness aswell? "
Mugenajin
Evolve

Words: 10323
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Weyliss on April 17th, 2010, 4:27 pm

For his part, the other man looked to be working on a pewter tankard of his own. He sized the newcomer up. Similar height, long dark hair, tanned skin. However, it was the eyes that caught his attention. In the murky depths of his brain, an old, obtuse bit of lore came to the fore. Something about people who could turn into animals... Or maybe this one was something else entirely?

With a dour, and sad face, Weyliss realized he needed to get out more. Or.. in... as the case may be. Flashing the newcomer a genuine smile, he laughed.

"Only because I'm havin' to share it with you."

Still grinning, he cocked his head over in the direction of one of the waitresses. The lass in question, was leaning over near the bar, attempting to wipe what looked to be spilled alcohol off her blouse.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mugenajin on April 18th, 2010, 11:08 am

Mugen smiled at the man's comment. He tilted his head in the direction of where the man was cockin' his head at and saw a female human waitress with a rather sizeable, voluptuous bosom, trying to get a stain off her blouse.

He grinned at the man, stood up and walked over to the waitress.

" Don't worry my dear, not even the largest of stains could make such a beautyful flower as yourself lose her color. "

The waitress smiled broadly and gave Mugen a fresh, cold pint in a clean mug.

" Thanks my dear, see y'around. "
He said while giving the waitress a genuine smile and a wink back in return.

And walked back to where he was previously seated.

" There we gooo. "
He said as he shoved his previous pint away from him and started gulping down his newly-found fresh pint.

" So mate, what's your name? "
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Weyliss on April 18th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Taking another pull from his tankard, the man gave an eye to their surroundings before speaking.

"Ae' you scared 'er off."

The accent seemed to seep into each word as the man spoke further. It told of someone living on the very edges of sylirian territory, a farmer's tone perhaps?

"Name's Weyliss. You can call me' Weyliss."

The man winked and took another long gulp from the tankard.

"What about yourself friend?"
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Mugenajin on April 18th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Mugen looked back at where the waitress previously was but she was nowhere to be seen.

" Hehe, seems my social skills are quite rusty. "

" And my name is Mugenajin, but you can call me Mugen. I'm a ... traveller. "

He said the last part with a bit of hesitation, he barely knew the man so he wasn't really up for telling him the whole I'm-One-Of-The-"Snakepeople" - story. And neither did he want to tell the man he was an out of work - warrior.

" So mate, what brings you to this fine establishment? "
Said Mugen sarcasticly.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Weyliss on April 19th, 2010, 11:33 pm

The warrior gave his pint a pointed look, and with a cheery smile, raised it to take one last pull.

"Ae' To be honest, I'm going to enjoy one of the gods' finer creations, and then head back out."

Leaning back, he studied their surroundings for a moment. Not much to say really. Alcohol. Women. Drunken men, and the beginnings of one pissed off bartender. To say the surrounding noise was a low roar was an understatement. It was crowded, and everyone seemed to be in a good mood about something or other. Weyliss wasn't sure what to make of it all. Maybe he should spend some more time within the city walls, as opposed to the surrounding countryside. Blinking, he turned back to his companion.

"Traveller? Where ya'e been friend? I've only really worked around Syliras. Bronze Woods, and a bit to the south. Must be amazing things out there, beyond the protection the knights provide."
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Mugenajin on April 20th, 2010, 6:43 am

" I wouldn't call them amazing. " Said Mugen as he reminisced over the deadly environment he grew up in.

" It certainly is a vast world and many beautyful and wonderous places are out there to be found, but I come from Eyktolia, I left my nest and came by luck in a straight line to Syliras. It was a long journey and my behind was sore from horseback riding most of the time. Hunting was difficult at first since in the desert there aren't many creatures and the ones that are are often more dangerous than a Dhani, and that says alot. "

" Anyway, I came here in search of a goal in life. I have yet to find one but I'm sure I will sooner or later. "

Mugen became friendlier with Weyliss and started bragging in his tipsyness about his fighting skills.

" I'm born and bred for battle, there is no way a mere human could ever dream of defeating a Dhani, our capabilities are vastly different. But everyone here is welcome to try and take me on. "

He shouted the last sentence so the whole bar could hear it. A few men bravely stood up and looked at the direction where the voice came from but once they met Mugen's gaze and saw the pitchblack and golden snake eyes most of them quickly sat back down or diverted their eyes.

Three men still stood and made their way towards Mugen and Weyliss.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Weyliss on April 20th, 2010, 7:02 pm

As Weyliss listened to the other man, he tried to piece together the dialect. Something about a nest? That must mean his home. Odd usage of the word... Did he just say Dhani?

The warrior suddenly found himself jarred from his thoughts as his companion started to boast. The smaller man hung his head and eyed the area. Judging by the three approaching men, this could get ugly. This had just gotten racial, and with Dhani being rather poorly recieved ANYWHERE they travelled, it was now about pride. Weyliss wasn't entirely sure a knife wouldn't be drawn. Or that after the ensuing chaos, the Knights wouldn't show up. The small man rubbed his temples as he gave the worlds smallest sigh.

Looking up, he leaned back. Hopefully, he wouldn't need to get involved. Super Snake over here could take care of business. Without.. the ...fangs... and poison..

A groan.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Mugenajin on April 20th, 2010, 8:49 pm

As Mugen continued to peer over his shoulder and saw that the three men weren't backing down he slowly stood up. One of the men was looking like he was ready to pounce on Mugen from across the room.

" Now chaps, if you want to do this...then we'll do this. But no weapons, this is merely a barfight, you wouldn't want anyone to die over a silly arguement now would you ? If you feel the need to fight with a weapon at least use a blunt weapon, like a chair or a barstool or whatever. I just don't want to see any dead bodies lying on the floor. "

With that said Mugen walked sideways to the bar, grabbed one of the stools and smashed it to bits, picked up two of the three legs and was seemingly planning on using them as two improvised bludgeons.

" Whoever of you three is still doubthing, I suggest you take a hike while ya legs can still carry ya. For this, will be a proper fight. "
He grinned.

" Filthy serpent, we'll teach you a lesson that you won't soon forget! "

Mugen's eyes narrowed, did he just call him a filthy serpent? Him, a purebred Dhani warrior ? No it couldn't be, he must have been mistaken. He was going to go over to the man and ask him politely what he had just said. Mugen stepped towards the man, at a breathstalling slow pace, like he was coiling around the floor, waiting to strike at the opportune moment.

" Mate, did I hear you correct when you called me a ... filthy serpent ? "

" Yea... "
That was as far as the man got before getting slammed across the chin with Mugen's righthand bludgeon, the man twisted his head so far to the left that it seemed like Mugen had broken it. The other two men didn't hesitate long, one of them picked up a stool and the other one took out his own personal truncheon from behind a table, with a big grin on his face like he had already won the fight.

They both launched themselves at Mugen, the one handling the barstool was shaking it around, trying to threaten Mugen and force him into a corner Mugen guessed, while the other one with the truncheon held it with two hands and swung it around horizontally and vertically. But Mugen was way too fast on his light feet, he was already much faster than any average human thanks to his genes, but he was also a trained fighter. His footwork was light and swift, he stepped in, smacked the man with the truncheon on the ribs twice and once on the left thigh, and stepped right back out.

Still swaying and weaving Mugen joked around " Come on lads, use those feet adn grow some minerals will ya ? For crying out loud... But don't worry my lovelies, I'll knock some skill into y'all. "

The people herded together at a safe distance and started to laugh at the three men who accepted the challenge, one knocked out and the other two seemed very incapable of harming the Dhani, the people forgot all about the racial prejudice and started cheering Mugen on. Mugen had to bite on his lip and make sure he held back, his inner self was screaming for blood and murder but he knew that he couldn't let it go that far if he was to stay longer in this city. He had to end it quick before he couldn't hold himself back any longer.

The man with the truncheon had recovered himself partially althought he still limped a bit with his left leg, whilst the man with the barstool went into a frenzy and started to swing the stool around in all directions like a madman.
Mugen ducked under a horizontal swing and while the man was caught in his momentum Mugen slammed his fist, which was holding the left bludgeon, straight into the man's crotch with full force, the man let out a highpitched noise, stood frozen stiff for a second and toppled sideways over, spasming out on the floor.

The man with the truncheon was clearly at a heavy disadvantage but didn't forfeit, foolishly enough. Mugen used his light footwork again and slammed th man all over his body with " soft " swings of Mugen's bludgeons, to wear the man down a bit. Mugen was getting agitated with the man and his pathetic performance, he snapped for a split second but it was all it took for the Dhani to shift to the side of the man who was in the middle of a swing and slam his weapon on the man's temple, clearly an attempt at murder but luckily the man, who collapsed on the floor still breathed. Faintly, but he breathed.

Mugen threw down his selfmade bludgeons and hissed at the men on the floor, then he walked back to his seat at Weyliss's table and shook his glass in the air as a sign of needing a refill, before sitting down.
Mugenajin
Evolve

Character sheet

Postby Weyliss on April 26th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Weyliss found himself in a front row seat to a bar-fight. Still sitting down he noted the Dhani's skills. A trained warrior himself, he could easily recognize the fast footwork, the way his body moved. When Weyliss fought, he had a tendency to 'straddle step' so that he didn't cross his legs. This Dhani, Mugen, he seemed to move with a grace of a dancer. Speed mixed with power.

In retrospect Weyliss had never seen a Dhani fight. He had always imagined them in a more predatory form. He found himself eyeing each move, noting the various positions and poses of his adversaries. When the bar started to cheer, Weyliss could only raise an eyebrow.

With the battle coming to a close, Weyliss didn't miss the final strike, as well as the man falling. He knew very well that kind of strike, as well as the repercussions if the worst where to happen.

In all, Weyliss looked at it as a learning experience, he knew nothing of Dhani, or their motives. As the other man took a seat, and waited for his refill, the warrior frowned.

"Are all Dhani that fast?"
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet