[Lillis' Scrapbook] Diary of a Mad Girl

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lillis on April 21st, 2010, 8:05 pm

I have plenty of places to write. In fact, my head is so full of words that I can scarcely keep all my stories straight. See, in real life, I am a playwright -- I'm in grad school for dramatic writing, so my head is full of plays and screenplays and teleplays. And my background is in fiction, so my head is also full of short stories, novels even, novellas and, of course, Mizahar. I have a blog* and a journal and box of index cards with ideas scribbled on them. So I've got plenty of places for words.

This is going to be a place for not-words.

I pay the bills via graphic and web design, but I'm self-taught so the way I learn is to play. I think I'll probably just end up putting stuff here that I've played with. For example this image:

[Character Rendering: Lillis De'Nerys]

The above image was me playing with gradients and layers. Obviously, I drew the inspiration from Mizahar, which is why I decided to start this scrapbook in the first place. I'm probably also going to start making my own background images (like the one you see here), and if I post them please feel free to use them yourselves on the Mizahar forums.

A lot of the stuff you see here will be messy, amateurish and unfinished -- but that's ok, because I'm just playing, just learning. Comments are welcome.

Ok. I'm done with words for now.

Lillis
Player

Words: 55149
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lillis on April 25th, 2010, 8:04 pm

I don't really know what these are. Digital prints, I guess, inspired by not wanting to do my homework. Oh, and feel free to use this background.

I think this one's just called Crazy Snail.

This one is called Receive Me.

The words on the second image are from a song of the same title by a band called Oh, You Devil. Check them out, they're fantastic.
Lillis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lillis on April 28th, 2010, 2:03 am

What follows are four seamlessly tiling backgrounds that I created, that you should feel free to use! Here is the first one:

Here is the second:

The third:

And the fourth:

They're just made from stamps and canvas overlays -- please play with them in photoshop and change their colors if you like. The stamps are not original, just FYI.
Lillis
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook