Lillis

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Lillis

Postby Lillis on March 26th, 2010, 10:59 pm

This character is not presently being played.

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Kiss me and you will see how important I am.
-- Sylvia Plath

Race: Konti
Birthday & Age: Born in early Winter, 483 AV.
Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Lillis is not quite so bereft of color as some of her Konti sisters -- which isn't to say that she isn't pale. She is. But there are subtle waves of freckles here and there, a few moles, a few beauty marks, and her hair is flaxen and gently curled, cascading over her shoulders in waves of pale yellow.

Her eyes are a striking shade of storm-sky gray, and they are typically the first thing anyone notices about her -- their color and their size. Large, round, wide and always watchful.

Of course, then, there is her Gnosis mark, which rests on a bed of scar tissue just below the fold of her elbow on her left forearm.

The tiny, shimmering, iridescent scales that are the mark of a water god are fully intact on the lower right side of her body. On the left side, however, is a web of intricate scarring where the scales once were. She covers this deformity with the utmost care, typically wearing long-flowing gowns over a pair of linen pants.

Aside from the other scars and symbols written on her body, Lillis bears a Chevas mark behind her left ear that she shares with Caelum (pictured below). In her search for him, she has shown it often, however it is typically obscured by the flurry of blond curls that she has always worn long.

Her colors are the colors of bruising: she favors cobalt blues and deep purples, blacks and silvers over the -- perhaps more complimentary -- tones of white or red or gold.

Skill Points Level
Fortune Telling 29 Competent
Auristics 16 Novice
Suvai Combat 11 Novice
Painting 11 Novice
Riding 3 Novice
Deception 1 Novice
Bargaining 1 Novice
Running 1 Novice
Interrogation 2 Novice
Seduction 1 Novice
Storytelling 2 Novice
Philosophy 1 Novice
Rhetoric 1 Novice

Lore of Konti Mythology, History & Folklore
Lore of the Creation/Mixing of Paint
Lore of Repressing Memories
Lore of Unrequited Love
Lore of Surviving Sexual Assault
Lore of Surviving Torture
Lore of Ethaefel Shifting
Lore of Ethaefel Falling
Lore of Making the Best of Things
Lore of Stubbornness
Lore of How Wounds Heal
Lore of Telling People What They Want To Hear
Lore of Awkward Conversation
Lore of Actors' Tricks
Lore of Visions of Death

Gnosis Mark: 1 Mark from The Goddess Avalis

XP Awards :
Racial Bonus and Starting Package were used toward: Fortune Telling, Suvai Combat, Auristics, Painting and Riding.

XP Award from Hands - An Introduction:
Bargaining: 1 XP
Fortune-Telling: 1 XP
Suvai Combat: 1 XP
Auristics: 1 XP
Deception: 1 XP
Drawing: 1 XP

XP Award from The Seven Slavers:
Running: 1 XP

XP Award from Silence Broken:
Interrogation: 1 XP
Riding (Horses): 1 XP
Seduction: 1 XP

XP Award from True Colors:
Fortune-Telling: 3 XP
Storytelling: 2 XP
Philosophy: 1 XP

XP Award from Respite:
Rhetoric: 1 XP
Interrogation: 1 XP

• 2 Suvai
  • 1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack which contains:
    * 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
    * Food for a week
    * 1 eating knife
    * Flint & Steel
  • 1 large tent (4 person), large tarp, 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 torches, bedroll, blanket, fishing tackle & hooks, a riding horse, a full set of tack, and a large set of saddlebags.
  • 1 set of runic stones
  • 1 deck of tarot cards
  • Canvas, paints, brushes, papyrus, charcoal
  • 1 Gildling mount, brown and white, named Quix.
Quix

Heirloom
A long, gold chain that holds 4 mis-matched pieces of jewelry: a white-gold locket with a sapphire in it, two rings -- one with a small diamond in it, one with an amethyst -- and a small, flat pendant with a name engraved in it.

Ledger
  • 100 gm
  • -1gm, common paints
  • -4sm, 4 square yards of canvas
  • Updated Total: 98gm, 6sm

Spring, 505AV: The Seven Slavers - Lillis' Character History, Lillis & Caelum Image
Spring, 505AV: Silence Broken - Lillis & Caelum Image
Summer, 506AV: Haven - Caelum & Lillis Image
Spring, 507AV: rare days. - Lillis, Caelum & Hadrian
Summer, 507AV: a summer sun. - Lillis & Caelum
Winter, 508AV: And she swam - Isikais & Lillis
Fall, 509AV: Hands - An Introduction Image
21 Spring, 510AV: Respite - Cerus & LillisImage
32 Spring, 510AV: True Colors - Sam & LillisImage
39 Spring, 510AV: A Meeting of the Minds - Ha'na, Sam & Lillis
41 Spring, 510AV: Run. - Lillis & Nel

Image indicates a completed thread with XP having been awarded where appropriate.
Last edited by Lillis on May 28th, 2010, 7:48 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Lillis
Player

Words: 55149
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Lillis

Postby Lillis on April 24th, 2010, 5:55 am

Character Questionnaire :
1. What is your Name? Lillis De'Nerys.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? I go by Lillis. My sisters called me... Lissa.
3. How old are you? 27.
4. What is your height? 5 feet, 7 inches.
5. What is your weight? Oh, I don't know... 125 pounds?
6. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) There is a latticework of scarring up and down my left leg, and on the inside of my left arm.
7. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.
8. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Kontinese, Common and basic Akalakian.
9. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I have a tendency to speak aloud to myself; I pick at my skin when I'm nervous.
10. What is your occupation? I am a fortune-teller.
11. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I enjoy it fine when I'm not telling the truth.
12. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I intend, one day, to be as powerful a magic-wielder as my mother was a healer.
13. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I am pansexual -- that is to say, gender has little to do with attraction for me. I am attracted to beauty, in it's myriad forms.
14. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother, Caelia De'Nerys, was a great healer -- intensely powerful. She was very beautiful, with the colorings of a wild daisy. She was quiet, reserved, but fiercely loyal. And she loved my father very much. We -- my sisters and I -- never knew our father. We only knew that his name was Nikon Ravi and that he was an Akalak who died seeing us safely home to the White Isle after I was born.
15. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I had three elder sisters -- Isla was the eldest, then Janyce, Sherin and then me. I was the baby.
16. What is your extended family like? We were very close to our grandmother, Coralyn Imariel De'Nerys. She had two other daughters aside from my mother, and one had several daughters, my cousins. The other had two Akalak sons, whom we never knew.
17. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? At home, my family were my friends. But since I've left...
18. Do you treat animals like family? Certainly. My Gildling, Quix, is family.
6. Where were you born? Riverfall, amongst the Akalak, my father's brethren.
19. Where do you live now? Syliras, or... elsewhere. Where ever I like.
20. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I can live anywhere I choose.
21. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I like the hot springs.
22. Where do you fear to be? I do not like ports or docks.
23. What sort of education do you have? I have had an extensive, formal education in things that are largely useless to me now.
24. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy it immensely.

The Manifestation of Powers :
Divination: The Gnosis Mark from Avalis allows Lillis to see, at a touch, how the individual will end in this life. Their death will be seen only the first time physical contact is made, but the images of that death will be with her always. She often uses her art as a way to unload this burden, painting the deaths she sees in vivid detail.

This was not always how her divination manifested itself: Before the death of her family in 505AV, her gift manifested as general empathy. She was able to tell how people were feeling down to the smallest detail, garnering such information as their deepest love, their strongest hate, et cetera, even if those things were not at the forefront of their minds. Now, that gift is gone.

Something else changed when Lillis suffered a great trauma in 505AV: she acquired the ability to look into her past lives. But the only things she can see is how she died. So she has seen her body die hundreds of times in a variety of ways, and each way haunts her profoundly.

Auristics: In an attempt to regain some of what she lost, Lillis is a student of the art of Auristics. This manifests to her purely in color, as though she were looking at a pallet of paint. She is not able to manipulate auras or interact with them, but she is able to read them and ascertain information about the individual based on what she sees. This requires an intense amount of focus on her part, and is often extremely mentally draining.

Healing: The De'Nerys Clan was a group of famed healers on Mura, and at one point in her young life, Lillis was studying to be a healer, along with her sisters, under the tutelage of her mother and grandmother. Her empathy was of great use to her in those times.

Those powers, however, are gone entirely. In fact, she is more of a detriment to those who are in physical peril, despite her best efforts in even the most rudimentary of healing practices. She has somewhat of a cursed touch.

The De'Nerys Clan :
Caelia Lisalis De'Nerys The Mother
An infamous healer on Konti Isle, Caelia was also an escaped slave, marked with two Ranuri Gnosis Marks as well as 3 Gnosis Marks for healing.

Isla Clare De'Nerys
The eldest of the De'Nerys sisters, Isla was following closely in her mother's footsteps in terms of her healing capabilities. At the time of her death, she had 2 gnosis marks from the Healing Goddess.

Janyce Geillis De'Nerys
On her way to being a powerful empath, Janyce was a loner who shunned her studies of the healing arts in favor of the studies of actual arts. She taught Lillis everything she knew about art and paint-making. She is one of a set of twins.

Sherin Imariel De'Nerys
Another promising healer with one Gnosis mark from the Goddess, Sherin was a mother-to-be at the time of her death. She is the other twin.

Lillis Leandre De'Nerys
The youngest, who most resembled their mother, was the only one of this family to survive.

The lost De'Nerys sisters and their mother are survived by their Grandmother, the matriarch of the family, Coralyn Imariel De'Nerys, who is a Champion of Rak'keli on Konti Isle. Two of her other daughters -- Silvya Isla De'Nerys and Ronalie Coralyn De'Nerys are both living: one is a teacher at the Opal Temple (with 3 daughters of her own) and the other is living with her mate in Riverfall, with their two sons. Coralyn had one other daughter, Elea iDolan De'Nerys, who was killed, along with her infant daughter Nelyora Vinyarion De'Nerys. They died en route to Mura in 483AV.

Her Song

If the moon smiled, she would resemble you.
You leave the same impression
of something beautiful, but annihilating.

-- Sylvia Plath

Her Gnosis Mark from Avalis
(On the inside of her left arm, just below the elbow)

Reference Timeline :
--> Born 11 Winter, 483AV in Riverfall
--> Returned to Mura with her mother and sisters in Spring, 485AV
--> Spent several years studying in Zeltiva, 496-499AV
--> Set out with her mother and sisters in 505AV
--> Settled in Zeltiva with Caelum from 505-508AV
--> Captured by slavers in Fall, 508AV
--> Taken to Sunberth; escaped in Winter 508AV
--> Landed in Sahova 508AV
--> Arrived in Syliras, Fall 509AV

Lillis Leandre De'Nerys was born in Riverfall on the 11th day of Winter, 483AV. There, her mother and her father dwelt peacefully with all four of their daughters; Lillis spent her first two years of life amongst the Akalak. Lillis' Aunt, also living in Riverfall with her new infant, set back to Mura and she (and, presumably, her young daughter) were killed en route. Thus, when Caelia De'Nerys was ready to make the journey, Lillis' father (one Nikon Ravi) accompanied them and died, protecting the party of women from a group of barbaric slavers.

Despite such heartache early in her life, Lillis had a relatively normal childhood with her sisters on Mura. A family of renowned healers, Lillis studied at the Opal Temple and made several trips to the University of Zeltiva early in her life.

in 505AV, Lillis set out with her family to make the first return trip to Riverfall in her young life, not only to visit with her father's family but also to find a mate for herself and her sisters. The De'Nerys clan did not even make it so far as Zeltiva before they were set upon by a band of slavers -- all of them were raped, brutalized and slaughtered. All, except for Lillis.

A beautiful, melancholy Ethaefal named Caelum -- a healer -- found her, saved her, anchored her to the earth and became her home. After nursing her back to health and doing what he could for the skin and scales flayed from her left leg, they found and built a home together in Zeltiva and ran an antique book shop to offset their expenses. Caelum worked in the clinic, refining his healing skills, while Lillis began to teach herself the art of Auristics, all the while building her divination skills.

They eventually married quietly, privately, and lived a content -- if not a little isolated -- life until they were separated by the self-same slavers that had killed Lillis' family. Sundered so, Lillis wasn't even sure where Caelum had been taken, but she did not stay long in Sunberth in order to find out. Instead, she escaped at the first chance she got, finding refuge under the water until she landed in Sahova. From there she traveled all over the Sylira region, searching for news of Caelum. Her Chevas mark remained unfaded, so she held up hope that he was still alive. She left elaborately painted pictures of him everywhere she could, hoping that he would see them and know that she was searching.

Chevas Mark shared by Lillis and Caelum
Lillis
Player

Words: 55149
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook