One step forward (Amani)

While tailing a potential new body, this quiet day of observation turns into something a bit more interesting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

One step forward (Amani)

Postby Evalin on June 12th, 2012, 1:52 pm

1st of Summer, 512 AV

What foolishness is this... to trapes about in the light of Syna when truly I am one meant for the darkest shadows of night...

This figure cloaked and hooded walked briskly through the bustling crowd within the Merchant's Ring, the tip of her staff used to push aside the crowds as she kept those cold and lifeless eyes upon the fleeing back of one in particular. This woman, this new potential had first begun as a rumor within the taverns of Ravok, "an extraordinary beauty" the whispers had said, and indeed Evalin could see what they meant. Hair of golden light fell upon thin shoulders tanned and smooth like the finest silk. Eyes that shown out with the light of understanding, quite unlike most of the sheep that walked within the realm of mortality.

She is an interesting one, that is certain.

She is known...

This made this immortal pause her pondering, her mind passing over the foreign words between reasoning and wanting, Be it so...? Yes I believe you speak true, yet even so the time has long past that I can take my time to make my choice. Indeed, for even now Evalin could feel her bodies decay growing worse with each passing light and moon. The skin that was pulled tight over aged bones had taken a grayish tent, a reflection of the hideous soul which it housed. Spots of flaking skin covered most of the body, around her knuckles and between the fingers there was also visible brief flashes of reddened flesh. This hair which had at one time been raven locks now sported a greenish tent, and so this figure who stood still in time kept her hood pulled up and the cloak draped about her to cover as much as possible... The time for choosing has past Tsenrika, and now comes the point for a change. Also... A small smile pulled back those thinned lips, creating a ghoulish grin that would chill even the most hardened heart, I have a date to make in such a short time. I cannot allow my dear immortal to see me fallen so far.

So she continued on, staying just far enough back so as to avoid notice unless the woman turned completely around. It is possible that this girl, Amani was her name, might have noticed something strange over the past few days. A shadow out of the corner of her eye, an unusual figure cloaked and hooded in a corner of nearly every tavern or bar she went to. Perhaps all these things went unnoticed, or perhaps this woman with eyes that saw when other could not simply felt it ordinary in a city such as Ravok. Whatever the case, very soon they would meet, for Evalin had nearly run out of time...
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

One step forward (Amani)

Postby Amani on June 13th, 2012, 1:12 am

She was being followed. Unseen eyes seem to bore into her back as she made her way around the Merchant Ring, pretending to look at odds and ends as she tried to shake the feeling. Amani did not have any sort of combative skills, only knowing how to use the small knife that she carried on her person, not that it would be much use if she was mugged. So she did the only thing she could do, stay in a public area until she was sure she was right. She had felt this way for several days now, every now and then catching sight of a cloaked figure, but never really knowing who it was. It always moved on before she got a really good look. It was only a matter of time she felt before the person made their move, and so Amani made sure that she only traveled along the main streets and went to public places, not wanting to end up alone somewhere.

Of course that never stopped someone who was truly determined.

She tossed her hair and sniffed, irritated with whatever fate had seemed to deal her these past few days as she stopped in front of a stall that seemed to be selling cheap jewelry, idly listening to whatever the seedy woman had to say. She was not really looking to shop, only to see if she could flesh out her lurking shadow, hoping to perhaps catch them in whatever they wanted from her. Picking up a broach that was cracked, the woman vender waved in front of Amani's face, making a passing comment that the jewelry would match the green dress she wore that day. Amani sniffed and shot the woman a look full of disdain, wrinkling her nose at she shoddy jewelry. "Your wares are worthless you pathetic woman, go and sell your goods to those that value trash,"she said snidely and moving on before the shocked woman could say anything else.

This day only seemed to be getting worse, and she was no closer to fleshing out her shadowy friend.
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

One step forward (Amani)

Postby Evalin on June 13th, 2012, 1:53 am

The eyes of immortality gazed with attentive focus at every movement, every twitch and que that the woman made. For several days now this figure had spent night and day tailing, following and observing, growing as close as possible without fully being revealed. Even now she stood apart, on the far side of the street as the woman bent over the jewelry, eyeing each with they eyes of one who did not really see them.

She knows of me... does she not? As this ponder was brought into existence, a single grey finger came up to brush the surface of the necklace which dangled upon a string of silver. From within its depths whispered a response that echoed within the Nuits mind,
So it seems...

With one hand the staff was ground into the dirt, thoughtful eyes still looked upon the prospective new host as other wondering flashed into existence, Then perhaps the time is upon us... A small smile brushed those cold lips, Let us take the first step.

Moving forward the cloaked figure cut a path through the rolling crowds, brushing aside arms and bodies with her staff until she, too, stood before the jewelry laid out before the stall. The hood was pulled up to hide all features in darkness, but one greyed hand reached forward to pick up and turn over a faded silver ring.

"What fine craftsmanship has gone into these wares..." these words were spoken with a sneer, "Perhaps the finest I have seen in..." A chuckle escaped from beneath the hood, and the ring was returned to its place, "Such fine wares, but I am afraid I am looking for something more... fitting."

Those hands of grey moved to wrap about the staff once more, the darkness turning so that the woman might just be able to make out 2 cold, lifeless eyes.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

One step forward (Amani)

Postby Amani on June 16th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Amani was about to turn away from the stall when she noticed from the corner or her eye, a delicate hand picking up a silver ring, the skin tinged with an unhealthy grey hue. Amani turned to look at the newcomer in curiosity, her grey eyes taking in the hidden features and the staff that was held firmly in the woman's hands. A curious spectacle, all in all, and Amani's eyes narrowed in suspicion. Perhaps this was her mysterious figure that haunted her steps? If she was, Amani was expecting.....well more. She did not look particularly threatening, but their was an odd smell about her, and she wondered if the woman was sick judging by the hue of her skin.

Her eyes though were what caught Amani, two dark pupils that seemed devoid of emotion, cause Amani to tense as she looked at her. Her voice was hushed, and Amani wondered if she had even heard her right, the condescending tone hard to miss as she spoke. But Amani found herself going rigid as she understood what the woman meant, a flush coming to her cheeks. This woman, if she was correct, had been following her around just to insinuate being bedmates? It was unheard of, and Amani was not one to take another woman's affections. This woman was definitely asking the wrong person.

Amani decided to take the risk and see if she was right, flattered slightly by the attention, albeit a bit misplaced. "If you have followed me around all this time just to insinuate being bedmates, then you have greatly misjudged my character,"she said softly, slightly aggravated by the whole affair and taking a step back from the woman, her odor tickling Amani's nose. If she wanted a bedmate, the woman could have least tried to smell nicer. "That is what brothels are made for are they not?" Amani sniffed and then turned away from her, dismissing the strange woman and moving on to the next stall.
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

One step forward (Amani)

Postby Evalin on June 30th, 2012, 2:01 am

Evalin blinked, a bit stunned by the presumptions of the woman. However, that smile alighted once more.

My my... Never could I have forseen such an... interesting reaction. Think you not so my dear companion?

The chilled voice remained silent, perhaps not feeling the need to answer. With a sigh Evalin shook her head, What I would to keep company with a being that spoke more than thrice in one day.

Attention returning to the matter at hand, Eva moved to follow Amani, stepping closer to look at the wares with eyes that did not really see. Her voice hissed out from her hood, the slightest hint of amusement brushing those hushed tones, "Ah... I suppose I could go to a brothel, but I am afraid they do not have... what I seek." She allowed her word to sink in, taking a small amount of pleasure in the woman's reaction before she continued, "But of course, one must not be so presumptuous. Be you a perfect specimen, I cannot deny, but I fear your and I bedding together is the furthest from my thoughts." A rough, raspy sound escaped those decayed lips, resolving into what seemed to be almost a chuckle. Leaning further over the wares, her hood hiding her expression completely, Evalin continued, "My dear girl... Have you ever wondered of your fate?"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes