Occupations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Occupations

Postby Aehra on June 30th, 2012, 4:12 am

Hey, all! In keeping with my earlier plans, I'm wanting to get Aehra a job as a baker's (or any small shopkeeper's) assistant-- errand running, stocking, organizing, greeting customers, and the like. I checked out the Lore, but the only page I found pertaining to job-acquisition was on the Income page; it said, I believe, to discuss with the local Storyteller on getting a job (and the wages), but what else will I need to do? Do I shoot the Storyteller a PM basically describing my desired job and wait for their response, or is there some sort of form I can fill out?

Side note: I am terrible at finding pages in the Lore (or any wiki in general), so with my luck, there's probably a whole page on this process already made up. If there is, I'm very sorry for overlooking it!

Thanks very much to anyone who answers. c:
Aehra
Player

Words: 41369
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Occupations

Postby Naeya on June 30th, 2012, 4:43 am

Hey Aehra,

The Income page is a great page to check out. I also looked up job info on Zeltiva's "Player's Guide, Linkmap, & NPCs" thread, found here. It says:

Jobs: Zeltiva is open to a vast array of jobs and professions. Please post any ideas you might have in the Storyteller Guides and Requests thread, linked above. A Storyteller will then message you to arrange a suitable vacancy.

The Storyteller Guides and Requests thread is here. I think it's a pretty relaxed process. Opening a business, on the other hand, has a form and more steps (see here).

Good luck!

-N
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Occupations

Postby Aehra on June 30th, 2012, 4:55 am

Naeya-

Can't believe I missed that. Thank you so much for your help!
Aehra
Player

Words: 41369
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook