[PC Plotnotes] Naeya Ti'av

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Naeya on June 26th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Sunberth, Winter 513: Thread Goals

Overarching Goal: Obtain mother's stolen jade necklace.

Seasonal Thread Goals:
  • Get your food stolen from you by a hungry child.
  • Be attacked by one of the street dogs.
  • Be trapped for a few days inside a snowed-in building.
  • Accept a blanket and a hug from one of Brega's girls.
  • Save someone else's life.
  • Meet someone new (another PC).
  • Bury your head in the snow. Reason? Up to you.

Character Timeline

Winter, 513 AV
  • 1st-92nd of Winter, 513 AV - Sunberth
Fall, 513 AV
  • 1st-91st of Fall, 513 AV - Sunberth
Spring, 513 AV - Summer, 513 AV
  • 1st of of Spring, 513 AV-91st of Summer, 513 AV - Mura [OOC Note: Inactive]
Winter, 512 AV
  • 1st-92nd of Winter, 512 AV - Mura
Fall, 512 AV
  • 1st of Fall, 512 AV - Naeya arrives in Zeltiva
  • 1st-8th of Fall, 512 AV - Zeltiva
  • 8th of Fall, 512 AV - Naeya leaves Zeltiva by sea for Mura
  • 8th-30th of Fall, 512 AV - Sea travel
  • 30th of Fall, 512 AV - Naeya arrives in Mura
  • 30th-91st of Fall, 512 AV - Mura
Summer, 512 AV
  • 1st-38th of Summer, 512 AV - Riverfall
  • 38th of Summer, 512 AV - Naeya leaves Riverfall by sea for Alvadas
  • 38th-45th of Summer, 512 AV - Suvan Sea
  • 45th of Summer 512 AV - Naeya arrives in Alvadas
  • 45th-49th of Summer, 512 AV - Alvadas
  • 49th of Summer, 512 AV - Naeya leaves Alvadas by sea for Syliras
  • 49th-62nd of Summer, 512 AV - Suvan Sea
  • 62nd of Summer, 512 AV - Naeya arrives in Syliras
  • 62nd-70th of Summer, 512 AV - Syliras
  • 70th of Summer, 512AV - Naeya leaves Syliras by land for Zeltiva
Last edited by Naeya on December 11th, 2013, 4:14 am, edited 51 times in total.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Naeya on June 28th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Image References

Fishtail Braid :

Small Jade Pendant on a Thin Silver Chain :

Long, Jade Green Average Dress :

Pair of Brown Sandals, Thin Straps :

Scabbard, Dagger :

Character Art

Naeya by Sliver :

Naeya by Elna :

Naeya, photoshopped by Bina :

Naeya by Krisa :

Useful OOC Info Links

Last edited by Naeya on December 1st, 2013, 1:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on June 28th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Character Diamond

Permanent:
Faithful (+), Prying (-)
Situational:
Spirited (+), Controlling (-)

Permanent:
Faithful (+)
Naeya is “faithful” in every sense of the word. She is fiercely loyal to her family and friends, but this loyalty also extends to religion. She is a devoted follower of the Goddesses Avalis and Semele, and puts her faith in them to guide her. She is also faithful to her jewelcrafting practice, of which she has the utmost discipline. Naeya is dependable and trustworthy, and can be relied on to have a full heart of unconditional love for those she cares about. She is unafraid to voice her concerns about a loved one’s actions, but will ultimately have faith in their decision-making if their certainty is clear. [Adj. 1. strict or thorough in the performance of duty; 2. true to one’s word, promises, vows, etc.; 3. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant]

Prying (-)
Naeya suffers from “compulsive nosiness,” an affliction on par with “foot-in-mouth syndrome.” At best she is curious, and at worst she is nosy and intrusive. She is particularly prying when it comes to people, but this trait extends to mysteries of all sorts. Her nosiness is often unwelcome, which she has adapted to by asking more subtle questions in order to avoid arousing suspicion. Although she does not concern herself with privacy issues, Naeya is not mean-spirited. She does her best to be kind and empathetic, but she can exasperate and even anger those who do not see her good intentions. [Adj. 1. impertinently or unnecessarily curious or inquisitive; 2. inquiring too closely into a person's private affairs]

Situational:
Spirited (+)
Naeya is a lively individual and is constantly engaged in some sort of project or exercise. She is playful and enjoys a good jest, and more often than not she is full of joy and positive energy. She does not shy away from her emotional nature, and tends to be more expressive than the typical Konti. When in need, Naeya will often surprise herself by digging deep and pulling out the necessary courage to face the task at hand. [Adj. 1. full of energy, enthusiasm, and determination]

Controlling (-)
Naeya has internalized a need for control over her self and the situations she and her loved ones are placed in. This trait revealed itself after her younger brother’s death when she was 22-years-old, and was worsened by the lack of control she feels over her Divination gnosis. Naeya believes in fate, but often struggles to balance this belief with her control issues. Her need for control is not to be confused with a need for power. Instead, this trait manifests itself as a severe dislike for being in uncontrollable scenarios (ie. illusions, dreamstates, angry mobs, conflict) and as an intense desire for stability. Naeya often attempts to exert control by taming nature, specifically through the manipulation of gemstones and flora. [Control - Noun 1. the power to influence or direct people's behaviour or the course of events; 2. the power to restrain something, esp. one's own emotions or actions]
Last edited by Naeya on September 24th, 2012, 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on July 6th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Romantic Love

“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

If and when Naeya falls in love, I have no doubt that it will be a messy, passionate, all-encompassing affair. She'll do her best to keep it steady and stable, but love can't be controlled in the ways she imagines. I see her as having had her (young, desperate, & naive) heart broken once in the past, which has made her more guarded about giving it away in the future.

The phrase "giving it away" is particularly fitting here. When Naeya loves, she really does give all of herself over to her lover. For Naeya, love is the ultimate symbol of trust and intimacy. Her love is open and all-consuming. It is one without barriers or secrets; that pesky Divination gnosis makes sure of this. Her lover must understand her Divination gnosis, and be okay with its implied invasion of privacy in order for a healthy relationship to develop. More positively, Naeya's Divination gnosis also allows her to understand, and possibly even anticipate, her lover's wants and needs. It creates an almost intuitive awareness of him, and allows for a deeply empathetic sensuality.

Having grown up in Riverfall, Naeya understands that one does not need to be in love in order to reproduce. Still, she craves the intimacy that love brings. Though this would likely never come up in Rivarian society, it's still useful to note that Naeya would never marry out of a sense of duty. Her married parents are very much in love with each other, and she models much of her understanding of romantic relationships after them. They've shown her that love means persisting day after day, and offering each other support and kindness - even in the face of disaster.

“Shatter my heart so new room can be created for a limitless love."
Sufi prayer.

Naeya's ideals (which persist even after suffering a broken heart) have the potential to crush her if she falls for someone who is not as dedicated to their love as she is. As mentioned earlier, she has no qualms about giving all of herself to her lover. Problematically, however, she subconsciously expects the same in return. This expectation can put quite a bit of pressure on the lover if he is not prepared or able to reciprocate.

She is very loyal, which means her lover may also (intentionally or unintentionally) walk all over her if she chooses to turn a blind eye to his flaws. While others are hard pressed to sneak secrets past Naeya, she may decide not to acknowledge these secrets depending on how deep her love goes. Her eternal love has the tendency to come with near-eternal forgiveness.

Naeya is not wholly prepared for the messy, passionate, all-encompassing love that I described her as having. She was not ready for the range of intense emotions that accompanied her one past love, and I doubt she'll be any more ready for a future love. She must learn to let go of her impossible desire to always be in control. If she is able to do this, I've no doubt that she'll experience the ride of a lifetime.
Last edited by Naeya on October 18th, 2012, 6:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on August 10th, 2012, 5:13 am

Ethics, Morals, and Values

Ethical Type:
Universalist :
"A universalist is a person who thinks that absolute rules should be followed by everyone. For example, many people (across all human cultures) believe in some version of the Golden Rule, ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ Believing in the fact that everyone should follow the same ethical rules or principles."

Naeya's code of ethics falls, for the most part, under that of a Universalist. Her code of ethics stems mainly from her upbringing in Riverfall, where a set of hard laws governs and guides the population. Her inexperience with the harsher realities of Mizahar and her own relatively easy childhood also supports this code.

She believes that there are some rules that everyone ought to ethically follow, such as never stealing from another citizen, never killing another individual unless in self-defense, and treating other people with respect and kindness. This belief guides her interactions with people throughout Mizahar, as well as her own thoughts and actions when she is called on to make a hard decision. She does not necessarily think that there are never any exceptions to her ethical code, but she feels that these exceptions are very rare. I expect her ethical code will be shaken and challenged as she progresses.

Note: I’ve yet to determine how Naeya’s ethical code defines her views on slavery. She’s been raised in a society that allows slavery in several forms, and her own mother was a Nakivak-turned-wife. I do know that she would be against abusing or mistreating slaves, but I’m not sure of her views beyond that. They might very well be: “that’s the way life works, unfortunately.”

Defining Values:

Truth – Truth plays an integral part in Naeya’s life. She is constantly searching for what’s real, true, and honest. It is one of the reasons she appreciates shows of emotion and is so accepting of her own emotions. She desires to know the truth about people, not just what they want the world to see. For Naeya, truth is the one thing that is always worth striving for.

Beauty – Naeya highly values beauty and the aesthetic pleasure that can be obtained from it. She appreciates beauty in all its forms, especially natural, architectural, artistic, and physical.

Excellence – Naeya’s view on excellence refers mainly to professional excellence (though also expands to other aspects of her life) and refers to putting the utmost care and quality into one’s work, whatever that may be. She strives for excellence in all things, and expects the same of others.

Perseverance – Naeya’s approach to obstacles and challenges is to steadily persist. Perseverance is such an important aspect in her every day life, and it dictates her approach to learning new skills, perfecting old ones, and dealing with difficulty.

Justice – Justice, for Naeya, means experiencing appropriate consequences for one’s actions. She links justice closely with fairness and values, in a more general sense, the upholding of righteousness and goodness.

Stability – Naeya values the comfort gained from stability. She does not value the familiar so much as value the steadiness and reliability.

Family/Friends – Naeya believes in placing the needs of family and friends above those of others. She thinks that having a strong support system leads to a happier life, and that maintaining these connections should be a priority.

Trust – “Trust,” for Naeya, is a very different value than “truth.” She sees trust as something to be earned by following through when one give one’s word, being sincere and trustworthy, and keeping one’s confidence. While she gives out her trust easier than some, there are very few who she puts total trust in: her family, her closest friend(s), and her goddesses.

Joy – Joy brings light to one's days, and happiness to one's heart. Naeya values finding joy in the everyday, and loves to laugh and make others laugh with her.

Kindness – Naeya’s default setting is to be kind. She sees strength in kindness, particularly because it can be difficult to practice this value in so harsh a world.

Respect – Naeya believes that basic respect is something that every sentient being deserves, though some deserve more respect than others. Respect means showing deference and courtesy to those who have a wider degree of experience and mastery (ie. elders, masters of a craft), or to those who earn it through their actions.
Last edited by Naeya on September 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on September 22nd, 2012, 9:07 pm

Faith (as of Summer 512)

Gods Worshipped: Avalis, Semele, Laviku

Avalis
Naeya holds her relationship with Avalis very close to her heart. Not only is Avalis the mother goddess of the Konti race, she also gifted Naeya with a Divination gnosis at birth. Naeya currently struggles to control her gnosis, but she understands that it created an intimate bond between herself and Avalis for which she will be eternally grateful. Naeya honours or recognizes Avalis in some way on a near-daily basis, and appeals to her for insight, truth, and all matters of the heart.

Semele
Naeya also worships Semele, Goddess of Earth, Minerals, and Gemstones. Although her connection with Semele is not as strong as her bond with Avalis, she still pays the goddess much reverence. Naeya sees Semele as the embodiment of beauty and stability, and as a giver of life. She appeals to Semele for creativity, courage, and strength of mind and body. Naeya honours Semele most often when she is working on her craft.

Laviku
Naeya frequently gives thanks to Laviku, the Sea King. He gave her the beautiful pastel scales scattered throughout her body, and a gift of gills to explore the underwater world of Mizahar. Naeya feels connected to Laviku every time she is in and around the sea. She knows well to honour him when she finds herself in his waters, as she recognizes that he is one of the more volatile gods and can make his domain either welcoming or perilous for travelers.

The following gods also align with Naeya’s values, but she is not yet aware of them:

Tyveth - God of Honour, Justice, Valour, Chivalry, and Truth
Yahal - God of Faithfulness and Purity
Priskil – Goddess of Radiance, Hope, and Vigilance

Misc. Gods: Ionu

Ionu
Naeya is not Ionu’s biggest fan. She was made aware of The Trickster god/dess during Summer 512, and she still hasn’t gotten over the shock. The “changing” city of Alvadas gave Naeya a serious fright, and flipped her view of reality on its head for a time. During her short stay there, Naeya became desperate for a sense of stability and was intensely worried about her own mental state. The city’s illusions spun her in circles, and she’s quietly carried a bit of a grudge against Ionu ever since.

Threads

Avalis:
Worship
What Was Said To The Lily (Summer 512)

Mention

Semele:
Worship

Mention
The Serpent and The Seer (Summer 512)
Naeya