[Kalila/Amani's Scrapbook] The Serpent's Lair

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sahashkalila on May 22nd, 2012, 3:08 am

Hey there everyone! I'm terribly sorry about not being around so often. My job has gotten crazy at the moment, and the past three days I have worked doubles and a triple to cover everyone's shifts. All of the other employees quit so I have been working to try and cover it all, not that it matters anymore. Apparently my boss is closing the place down by the end of the week so I may be a bit scarce until the end of this week, I'm trying to do what I can for him. Just wanted to give an update of everything here so everyone would know what was going on :)
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on July 19th, 2012, 6:20 pm

I guess everyone has those moments where you can't seem to find inspiration for your character? Or any inspiration at all for that matter.

It's one of those days and it sucks. Anyone have any good tips?
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Xalet on July 19th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Yes, but I'm not sure how viable it is for you. I've never played a character that was essentially 'two characters' before like Xalet, but I've learned something valuable doing it. Playing the other half completely rejuvenated any loss of inspiration I had. Playing the goody two shoes was getting dull, and playing the womanizing jackass was a total blast, mostly because it was something different without having to resort to making a new character.

So I guess my tip is, maybe try to play your character out of their normal character. I know some folks might say 'well you need to stay true to the character', and sure you do, but even in real life I don't act the same all the time. Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm not, sometimes I want to take risks that seem out of the ordinary, that's just life. Anyway, that's just my take.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sahashkalila on July 20th, 2012, 1:10 am

And this is why I love you Xalet lol
Sahashkalila

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous