A Calm Night (Veldrys)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

A Calm Night (Veldrys)

Postby Xelhes on July 21st, 2012, 3:59 am

Xelhes gave an encouraging nod to Veldrys’ agreement. He wanted to make sure that the Symenestra understood the possibility that even though some prayers were never answered did not mean they went unheard. That, and also Xelhes wanted to assure himself that such an idea was valid, as he wanted to believe it was possible. Would anyone want to believe that the gods ignored the prayers of others? As Veldrys looked out towards the darkness that covered the sea, the Ethaefal’s eyes looked out as well, trying to spot what the other man may have been looking for, though all he saw was darkness. Darkness and the rays of moon light that sustained his form, so instead Xelhes looked towards the moon, content to simply stand there beneath Leth’s gaze.

”Not doing enough?” For a few moments Xelhes simply looked at Veldrys, as if unsure of what to say or slightly taken aback by his words before shaking his head and saying, ”I already said you do enough, so there is no reason to think you are not. If you did not, I would not lie about it. You probably know just as well as I do that sometimes talking is all a person needs; It is all that I need. As for everyone else…” The Ethaefal was not sure what he could say as he did not know the thoughts of the other Denvali on the boat. He only knew how different people could be which simply made coming up with appropriate words more difficult. ”I know I cannot really speak for the others on the boat, but I will say my take on the situation. You may not know what exactly they need, yet you still do what you can to aid them, do you not? If so then they really cannot ask more of you. Veldrys, you help them because you want to, not because you have to, so they have no right to ask any more of you, regardless of their personal needs.”

He did not want to let Veldrys’ spirits lower because he felt as if he was not doing enough for others, yet Xelhes worried that he may have said too much on the matter. Really, the Ethaefal had no right to speak for the general population on the ship and also knew that while others would agree with him, many would also expect as much as they could from the Symenestra doctor. People were greedy and would use anyone they could, the Denvali were no different. With an assured smile Xelhes replied, ”It does make it easier to bear, if only by a small amount.”

”I should thank you as well, for the same reasons. Having a friend is a comfort, and I truly am grateful to you. Veldrys, thank you.”

Xelhes
Player

Words: 159436
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous