Unfamiliar Territory

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Miro on May 26th, 2012, 6:15 am

2nd day of Spring, 512 AV

The first day of spring brought terror and disaster. So many things had been destroyed, people lost, it came as a surprise to many. The taste of djed in the air forced Miro to remain half awake for most of the night. Since the attack Miro had searched daily for his lost friend, yet Kinneas still hadn’t been found, and was most likely dead. Miro clenched his eyes shut. Could his best friend really die like that? He was the strongest man Miro knew, his discipline knew no boundaries. The attack left the Colosseum in rubble, and many missing. By some miracle the Colosseum was rebuilt, as if it never was lost at all, yet the people were not so lucky, and were not heard from again.

Once again the Colosseum, was destroyed, leaving Shale missing too. Shale, the man had many skills few had seen, some very disturbing powers. Under the Colosseum, various creatures are kept, caged, used for show. He was able to contain and master each of them, keeping them contained. The room itself was strong, built to hold any creature safely, and more. Though the building was old, but it was surely one of the strongest in the city, and there was no doubt its interior withstood the attack.

Miro ran out of his home and through the front door as quickly as he could. He was missing a shirt and his shoes, but had otherwise prepared to go into town. His shirt and sandals were across the house, in the room Kinneas lived in, discarded for comfort. He did not have time to waste though, the answers he sought could be so close. The people in the Colosseum, they were his family, sharing blood and sweat for so long. Dying with no crowd cheering, no glory at all. Another group of champions, killed without pride. If any were left, they would be found and saved.

Old brick and the large black gates came into sight, only enough left standing to remind Miro of the first time he came to fight. Risking his life for only the thought of being the hero in the stories he had heard. Kinneas hated the place, always telling Miro how it was the wrong way to win glory. Miro sighed, continuing onwards, passing into the The wall containing the building was mostly gone, more rubble than structure. The yard behind it appeared in a horrific state. Rubble was sent out as far as the gates, and at its center, the fallen Colosseum sat.

Miro walked forward, along the rubble ridden path, climbing up, trying to find an opening to get in. Though the walls had fallen, one could still see the stands slightly. The walls had fallen inward to the arena or blown outwards to the yard, leaving bare spots where people once sat. There was little chance of anybody being able to pass from below, and several paths had collapsed in, leaving almost no ways in. The best entrance was the challenger’s gate in the arena, inside was a path leading directly to the basement where creatures were stored. Not only that, but the amount of damage was limited, if only there were a path inside.

Scanning the top of the rubble Miro could only make out where the gate once stood, now covered by large rocks. The rubble stacked from the ground to the stands, allowing Miro to walk down to a plateau at the end of the former seating area. Wading through unsettled ground made him uneasy, worrying that with each step he could be placing his bare foot onto a body. Miro hopped along, moving between the larger pieces, finally reaching his destination, the blocked path into the challenger’s gate.

The very top of the gate could be seen, thick metal bars, allowing Miro to see in, but not to enter. Miro kneeled down, seeing a dark cavernous inside. Large pieces of rubble had fallen under the gate, as well as any small pieces able to fit through the gate. If Miro could dig down a few feet, he could get through. It was a task easier said than done. Moving heavy rocks was not Miro’s idea of a good time. He began to take smaller rocks with each of his hands and begin to throw them behind him. After half a bell he could see it, one large piece that would block access to the chambers beneath.

Miro gripped the large piece from the top, attempting to flip it backwards, opening a path, but could not move it more than an inch or so. He pushed his feet backwards, while pulling with his arms, flowing energy into the pathways of his arms, moving the mass backwards a distance before, his grip was lost. He wiped the sweat from his brow, and began to excite his djed, creating res from his skin in a gaseous form. The air began to pour from his skin and concentrate in a cloud above his head, slowly condensing into a thicker liquid form. The light blue res that was produced from his skin colored the air, creating a subtle blue aura around him.

Now things would get interesting. Miro could cement his feet to the ground and his hands to the floor. He placed his hands firmly on the large rock that blocked his path and his feet firmly in place before covering his feet and his hands in ice. He began to produce more liquid res from his arms, and add it to the outside of his hands, covering them in res, allowing him to free his body and store the water, or to add more as needed. A quick test of his hands and feet showed he was ready, having a firm stance and grip.

He began to move his res past the edge and down the side. He focused his effort to pull his djed flux, to use his djed to stream energy from the pathways in his arms. His djed flux danced with excitement, the power pouring down from his outstretched arms boiling into his core. As it came to settle, he felt a cold sweat coming on, a chill that shakes a man to his core. It was a strain on his body, the unnatural redirection, but it was a necessary change.

Now, he would start to redirect the amassed energy, lowering it down into his legs, giving them greatly improved strength. The pathways filled with power and vigor, making Miro feel as if he could kick the rock in two. Crouching down, he began to steady apply backwards pressure. As his legs pulled his arms taut he began to redirect his djed flux once more. He redirected djed up through his back, charging it with fortitude. From his back it began to flood into his arms pumping the strength he would need to move the massive block.

The slab began to pull, going further than it did before, but putting a heavy tension on his body. The amount of weight would be too much for his body if he continued. His mind grasped for help, seeking a way out, something that would lift the weight. His mind focusing on the chunk of earth, the thought of pulling it, lifting it, the stress on his body began to lessen. Miro stood amazed, he could feel his res pulling along with his body. He created more res, manifesting his djed into the familiar thick liquid substance. It left him feeling hollow, even still, as if he were throwing away a deep personal part of himself. The fluid leaked down each side and covered it in a thick shell. Tapping his gnosis, his hands and feet were freed from the ice.

To gain clarity of thought, Miro punched his fists together and sat, crossing his legs. His eyes focused intently on the large chunk of earth. His mouth began to form words, following along with the thoughts in his mind. “Easy, careful, steady it, steady...” Miro gathered his focus, feeling a firm grip on it. He now readied his mind for the hardest part, to lift and move the object. He envisioned it, in his mind’s eye, lifting with precision, then gently setting it down. Miro put all of his willpower into it, roaring out, “fiise”.

The sound boomed back and forth between walls, echoing his incantation several times. The large stone began to rise from its resting position, steadily moving off the ground and floating in the air. What was this tension, this strain on him? His control began to wane, he would need more grip on it, something to assist his concentration. He began to chant a nonsensical phrase in his mind. “Ka, te, so, vi, ba, che, ne, su, ro...” Gesturing with his hands, Miro began to guide the res to the side releasing the stone and casting it away. Sweat ran down the side of Miro’s face, his body began to feel weak. He collapsed down on his hands and knees, taking deep heavy breaths. The air was thick, and tainted with unsettled earth, only making his breathing heavier. It was as if he was a kid again, attempting to attract water for the first time.

Rock was much heavier than water. Miro could have moved a much larger mass of water with little exhaustion, but surrounding and moving such a large piece of rock was exhausting. Though he was tired, he knew the feat he had accomplished. He was now able to control all four elements, and even lift, for the first time, a heavy rock. It was almost a bit refreshing, being winded from flexing his mental muscle. His control of reimancy had been steadily growing, being able to manipulate his res with great proficiency, perhaps even without limit.

Miro stood, wiping his forehead and calling his res back to command. With his arms at length in front of him, his hands pointed down, palms facing him, his focus was absolute once more. The res formed a large circle, waiting for a simple will to pull the strings. Flicking his wrist outwards, the res splashed across the opened path where the large slab of rock once stood. Miro allowed it to surround the loose debris, attracting it and gaining a firm hold. With a deep breath, Miro separated his hands, casting the chunks of rock aside.

A circular depression was formed, leaving a path downwards. Miro once again called on his res, this time framing the border of the path, containing rocks and filling in the gaps. He closed his eyes, focusing on the feel of the hard rock in his mind. He knelt down and changed the consistency of the res, slowly hardening. With his hands on the res he transmuted it to a firm rock. Once again he was winded, but proud of his accomplishments. It was a good start, despite dreary beginnings. One could only imagine the horrors left inside. Without food, nobody could survive for so long.

Miro was hot and tired, but most of all he was nervous. The ruins of the Colosseum could have many untold dangers. Miro knew what Shale was capable of. Once, in a room behind the creature dungeon, he saw shale doing a ritual. Using a circle and his blood, much like animation, he was able to achieve some dark deed. From a swirling mass of energy came a creature, a large turtle, but made of rock. Shale laughed and bargained with it, feeding it metal as he went along. Miro knew Shale well enough that he would not be giving away even scraps of metal for free, he was indeed getting something from the creature.

During the encounter, Miro remained hidden from sight, but he still got the creeps, feeling as if he was the one being watched. Shale was not careless, nor did he ever reveal any part of his act before the show. There was no way he had seen Miro, he could not have eyes around the corner of course. Never again did he dare to approach the chamber. Nobody quite knew what Shale was capable of, but there were rumors. Yes, more rumors about that man than any other in the city. Tales of him practicing all sorts of dark magic, having creatures locked away that one would only hear of in a fairytale.

One simple look was all Miro needed to see to know the rumors true. But Shale was somebody Miro respected. He was not a nice man, not kind, or selfless. The only thing he served besides himself was the Colosseum, and Miro only knew that servitude came from his pockets, not his heart. That was not to say he didn’t love the place. There was no doubt, he was always acting with its best interest in mind. Shale did not give people his time for free, indeed he understood that his life was valuable, and as such the people who he did spend his time with had to be valuable as well. The reason Miro could become part of the family there was because he was strong, he had more value alive than dead, and as such, he was now standing here.

All of its existence, the Colosseum had seen death, dealing in it, existing for it. The halls forced each person inside to live as if they would not see the sun set at the end of the day. Even if they were to fall, they knew their reign eternal, their glory recorded in these halls. It was those same memories they carried of their fallen brother with them each day that gave them courage to join them, to be passed on to the next. It was not a battle that could be won, but it was a battle nonetheless. Miro now carried them with him, their glory his, and their determination to win passed forth.

Finally, he was ready. The heat of the sun was bearing down on him, but besides the uncomfortable itch of hot light. Miro backed up and took a deep breath. “One, two, three!” He slid down the plate of rock and stumbled down the pile of loose rocks. It was dark, damp and an odd breeze came from within the corridors. As Miro walked, his footsteps echoed through the halls. The soft pattering of his sandals put him on edge, waiting for it to startle a large creature that would then proceed to eat him.

Walking along the hall made Miro uneasy for another reason. It was not the fear of creatures, it was the lack of light. It could be expected that the torches were not lit, but several were missing. It took him several chimes of feeling along the wall until he found one. With little more than a thought, Miro drew res from his hand, guiding it causing the torch burst into flame. Indeed reimancy had its perks when in a pinch. So far it had given him access to a location that was otherwise sealed off and light where none could be found.

Yes, life was much simpler with power over the elements. The hardest part of this would be navigating the collapsed structure. The idea of danger and excitement, searching ruins filled with unknown terrors. Leaving Griever at home, in hindsight may have been a bit rash. And having more clothing could be useful, but he could do without. Besides he still had djed for casting, if any trouble were to come his way.

He felt strong, brave, like a hero. All he needed to do was save one person, to bring out one person from below. If he out of kindness and valor rescued a person, word of his greatness would spread. Yes, there would be somebody, he knew it! There was no doubt at all, how couldn’t somebody survive? Miro surely would have, he could survive anything, and these people, they were his brothers, who spilt just as much blood as he had.

Everything was adding up, the adventure gaining meaning finally. He would find out what happened to Kinneas, if anybody knew, it was Shale. He knew the answers had to be locked away in here, somehow he would know at the end of the day. Whatever he found, he knew it would lead him to great glory, one way or another. He turned down the stairs, seeing a light pouring out, finally seeing where the torches had gone to and knowing the worst was yet to come.

Miro’s fears were confirmed, though he could not expect what would come next. The room was nearly bare, containing none of the former animals. The cages were mostly in shambles, torn apart, as if a monster had freed itself. A large familiar looking creature was mounted against the stone wall, snapping chunks away and devouring them. That same creature he had spied Shale conjuring before. Though now it was larger, a massive turtle made of odd colored rocks and ores. The creature was unaware of Miro, and continued to consume its meal.

”Gyahahaha!” The fierce roar of the man that commanded all of Alvadas to scream. Shale was still alive, and he was in good spirits. ”Eat ALL you want, just don’t cave the place in. When you’re done here, there is more upstairs. You keep bringing in new meat, and I’ll keep you well fed!” He let another booming laugh roar forth. Could he really be fine, being trapped?

A mix of excitement and fear caused tension to build up. Would Shale be fine, or had he lost it? Was this creature friendly? If things went wrong, he could always attack it. Though he had never had to fight such a foe. ”Shale, It’s Miro, I came to help. Most of the structure is caved in, but I made a path.” The creature instantly took notice of Miro, leaving the wall to run towards the stairs, jaws still chewing bits of reddened rock. Shock and horror replaced valor and pride as the creature came barreling towards Miro’s feet.

Suddenly it stopped. The creature was halted in its tracks, unable to proceed further, though it did struggle. Slowly it started to slide back, giving up on its intent to attack Miro. ”Damn creature, how dare you resist me. Things that cause me problems have a tendency to disappear. Let’s not forget who is in control now.”

The creature was pulled back through the hole in the wall and into another room. Miro carefully walked along after it, gradually seeing the interior of the room. It was a darkened re, with unique circular runes scattered across the floor. Shale was held at base of one, holding a hand at the base. When the monster was contained within the circle, it began to sink down into it, disappearing as if the ground had consumed it.

Shale stood and began to wipe the dirt from his hands onto his pants. “That takes care of that! Sorry if he scared you, and sorry to have wasted your time. I am far from trapped, but the rest of the city would think me gone. And I need it to stay that way. What you’ve seen here, it must not leave these walls.” He gave Miro a grave look, the kind that says more than words ever could.

”Shale, you needn’t worry about that. I am well aware of the way you work. No other man in this city is as resourceful and sly as you. If you say you need secrecy, you shall have it. I only wonder, what form of magic is this? I have never seen anything like that!” The twisted man let out a hoarse cackle before speaking again. Never? Somehow that doesn’t sound right. Perhaps you have been down in this room before, seeing all of this before. Was it not the same creature then? He seemed to remember you just fine.”

Miro sheepishly grinned, realizing he had been caught. How Shale knew was another part of the mystery, a question Miro did not wish to know. The rumors about that man, it was apparent that they could never measure up to him, he was too smart, trusting only those who could be used properly. ”Damn, you caught me. Curiosity led me here before, but I did not mean you any ill will. What I saw I kept to myself. You are after all the one filling my pockets with miza. Besides, if I were to think less of you for practicing magic, what kind of mage would that make me? I have something I need to ask you, It’s about Kinneas. The last anybody had seen of him, he was at the Colosseum.”

The relationship between the two men was one forged out of mutual respect. Shale respected Miro’s ability to get the crowd roaring and Miro respected Shale’s ability to always get what he wanted. Miro gave Shale a relieved look, quite pleased to see he was still alive and well. The man returned it with an inquisitive glare, as if he had words itching to roll off his tongue.

””I have not the answers you seek, but Karash, he will know better than I. Say, Miro, my boy, would you perhaps be looking to strike a deal? I am going to be leaving Alvadas, but I need to deliver a message. Now, I can’t right well keep hidden and get the letter to where it needs to go, so I need you to take it in my stead. And be sure to block the path out, okay. If you do that, I will do one of two things for you. The first is a simple lesson on the magic I practice. It is a world magic, known as summoning, allowing me to pull creatures from another world. Of course those creatures are out for themselves, and will need to be properly threatened or compensated for their services.

The other is closely related, indeed it is. The creatures pulled from that particular world are known as familiars, having a special talent. They can bond to humans in this world, causing their souls to be merged. From that point on you would share djed, the ability to communicate with your mind, and many more abilities as your skills progress. Familiars vary, depending on their race, but are capable of great things. With work, a familiar can become as powerful a mage as yourself, having its own djed to cast with. It is a personal magic known as familiarity, and one with a great amount of risk. Of course, as with most deals, there are conditions. Your lives are one, your souls linked. Meaning, when one casts a spell, both are drained as one. When one is harmed, the other is harmed as well. When one dies...both will fall.”

Miro was quite excited, being offered such a great deal. Of course, Miro did not need to ask to know that the conditions were not as simple as he implied. What Shale offered was not a free lesson, it was not even a trade for a service. What delivering the letter earned Miro was a chance to pay Shale for his services. Both options sounded amazing. Summoning, would allow him to bring powerful creatures like the rock turtle forth, but familiarity would allow him to become bound to a rock turtle, or some other kind of creature. A partner, another wizard who would be able to grow as strong as he would and increase the amount of magic he could perform. It was pretty clear that summoning was the safe choice. The risk seemed less, and with it, he could summon his own familiar. But familiarity, the potential, he could gain so much. A quick lesson in summoning surely wouldn’t cover such a thing.

Miro reached deep into his coin purse and grabbed handful after handful of coin. He counted out fifty shining coins, storing the rest. Miro took the stack of coins and began to shuffle them in his hands. Shale’s greed and lust for coin could be felt. It was not something Miro needed to see, though without looking his way the image was burned into his mind. It was a surprise that there was not a puddle on the floor, the man practically drooling over the money. Shale stretched his hands out, and Miro casually dumped the pile of money into them. Before he could give an answer Shale turned around, examining every last piece of gold before carefully depositing it into his purse. ”I will take a familiar, and after I choose my partner, your deeds shall be done as you wish. Shale, I warn you, do not disappoint me. If I find this deal to be a bust, and I find the opportunity you give me is that of a trap...You will not be able to run far enough, and I will find you.”

”So, Miro, you have chosen. Indeed you have, indeed you shall receive. Come with me and I will show you to another circle, one that has the potential to pull one of three creatures forth. But, do not worry, for I will work as a tool to measure their quality. Certainly I would not leave such a promising young fighter with a bum partner, that is bad for business.”

Shale cracked his knuckles as he walked to a specific circle near the one he had used prior. It was an odd looking thing, filled with lines in a pattern, but dotted with the odd circle and line throughout, breaking symmetry of the design. Here he sat and bit his thumb, placing the bleeding hand on the circle. The circle’s surface began to change, distorting into a watery substance and spiraling down. From the swirling mass a creature started to rise, one in a peculiar form, as if it was made of a black swirling fog. As it rose, a thick red aura came pouring forth, illuminated by light. The circle began to crackle, as if it were a fireplace burning wood, and a strange scent took hold of the air. The creature surfaced, giving Miro a clear view of its form before the light shot from the torches and into the creature, leaving the room darkened. ”Well, if it isn’t a Gordios. Come on creature, get on with it!”

”Hello, sir, I am Valtahl, and I am eager to hear you out. You have summoned me, so it must be you who I am to be bound to! Very good, draw up the contract and I will serve y...” The gateway closed, pulling the creature down and back to its homeworld. As soon as it was gone the light returned to the torches, returning Miro’s vision to him. ”Sorry, kid, the thing was lying. Ain’t no gordios gonna serve a master so easily. Damn thing was planning on enslaving you for sure. Pretty interesting creatures though. A familiar will tell you whatever you want to hear so that you will bond with it. They come from what we call a ‘low world’ called Fyrden. Their world is so bad that they are all itchin’ to get out of there and be allowed here. You have to be careful now, or else you can fall into its trap. Just because you’re bonded, doesn't mean you are going to get along. Might as well conjure up another I suppose.”

Miro nodded, unable to find his words immediately. He had no idea what to expect, and he was starting to feel good about his decision to choose a familiar, rather than attempting to choose one himself after his summoning lesson. Shale made an excellent partner when he was compensated properly. He was reliable, always leaving a good reputation with his clients, no matter what service he provided. Miro had the chance to see one creature, and was not entirely taken with it. But he still had two more left, and a guide that would lead him to a compatible partner, there was no doubt Shale wanted to succeed as much as Miro did.

”Got another one, I do!” Again, the aura, light, sound and smell came forth, but this time the creature was different, sending a shiver down Miro’s spine. The instant it started to surface, it could be sensed, Miro knew right away the composition of the creature. ”Aha, here we are. This is what is called an Irylid.” A large silver orb came forth, reflecting the flickering lights of the torches off its surface. It floated upwards, hanging in the air with nothing supporting it. ”It’s made of ice!” Miro thought to himself, waiting for the creature to act before he made an impression on it. A few moments passed, and nothing was said.

Miro looked to Shale, who was smiling casually. As far as Miro could tell, this was normal, so he did not fear anything wrong. But the silence, it brought anxiety into Miro’s heart. ”Either choose me or send me back. I have little patience for those who would waste my time.” Miro was stunned by this introduction. The last one had been completely compliant and even forceful with its attempt to bind itself to Miro. Shale said that they would do anything to leave their home and come here. ”I am Miro, and I do not wish to waste your time. Tell me, what are the abilities of your kind, what are you like?”

Another long pause, building more tension in Miro’s chest. His thoughts wandered to if he had said the wrong thing, if it even wanted to bond to him. There had to be a reason why it was not trying harder. ”My kind is capable of seeing more than the others, and I myself see even more than the rest of my kind.” Again, Miro was perplexed. Such a brief explanation only raised more questions than it answered. In his mind he was torn, equally intrigued and frustrated. Once more he decided to question the creature, hoping this would be the last.

Clearing his throat and wiping dust from his pants, Miro focused now, becoming serious. ”Tell me, what do you mean? What is it that you see that the others don’t?” In an instant an answer came piercing into Miro’s mind. ”They all beg to serve the people of your world as pets, hoping one will choose them. They lose all of their pride, hoping to forget all of the hardships of Fyrden. Some look to serve and to live an easy life, others wish to take control of the world, keeping a human as a pet instead. I have no intention of throwing away my pride any time soon. If you send me back, then I will not complain. If you accept me as your familiar though, know that I will never be your pet, nor will I fall to your level and enslave you. It is only a shame that we can not exist in this realm of our own means, without need of you. Whatever you do, make it quick, I have had enough.”

Shale laughed heartily at this answer. ”Did you catch that Miro? He refuses to serve humans, yet he claims he won’t enslave his master either. Certainly he thinks himself something special! Shale gave a scornful look to the creature. ”I’ve never seen one from your planet so eager to be sent back! I hope giving this speech helps you ignore the rumbling of your planet as it attempts to tear itself apart!” It was apparent that Shale thought the speech to be comical, to be a reason the creature could not be trusted. Surely the Irylid was not the only one with pride. ”Shale, this is the one.” Miro reached a hand out and touched the cold surface, focusing his efforts on a hypnotism technique. He focused on the feeling of friendship. The inspiration that comes from having a person by your side that you could rely on. He let it flow deep into the creatures icy core, and hoped that it would reach its heart.

”There will be no masters here. If you will come with me, I will accept you as a friend. If we share our lives, then we shall share the responsibility of continuing that life.” Miro turned a fierce glare at Shale, who had a sober expression on his face, save the usual smirk. ”I think I owe you a tip, friend.” Miro changed his expression to a friendly smile. He reached into his purse and pulled three gold-rimmed mizas, throwing them down at the man’s feet . ”Well, it’s about time you gave me another tip! Give me a moment, I’ll finish this up right away.

Shale walked across the room to where a lone desk stood, and began to fiddle with its contents, a few chimes later he returned with a piece of parchment. On it was the contract for the binding, only missing signatures from the participants. ”Okay Miro, prick your finger and sign in blood.” Miro took his nail and pressed it against his finger, drawing blood. In large crude letters he wrote his name out, making it unique and personal. The Irylid however only sat there idly for a moment. Shale held the contract out, slowly growing annoyed. The orb began to attract moisture from its body and the air, collecting it and forcing it onto the paper, spelling out letters in water. The name simply read, “Ender”.

In an instant everything changed. Miro felt as if he was being taken apart. His senses were taken, one by one they faded from existence. When it seemed it was over, and his body and soul dismantled, it began to piece itself together again. Only this time, it seemed he was crafted with more parts, some new realization, though it was as if it had always been. Miro opened his eyes, seeing Ender in a much different state. He was small, no larger than Miro’s fist. What Shale had said, about being able to talk with his mind. Could it be so easy? It was as if he already knew how, but, would it work?

”So, Ender is your name, huh? How does it feel, you know, being together like this? It’s as if nothing and everything has changed. Like my life before was a dream.” Miro’s heart pounded as the creature floated towards him. ”Just hold out your hand, and try not to talk so much. I am going to remain sealed. Do keep me safe, lest you kill us both.”

Reluctantly, Miro held out his hand, allowing the creature to come to rest. In an instant it changed shapes, taking the form of a whitish silver gemstone. It was round, with sharp defined edges, giving it several defined faces. It easily fit in the palm of his hand, nearly flat, and only a few inches in diameter. It was cold, like the other form, made of ice it seemed. ”Of course I’ll keep you safe. Ender, you needn’t worry anymore about danger anymore. And, I will, well, I’ll try to keep my bothering you to a minimum. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.”

It was an awkward trinket to have, a gem with no setting to hold it in place. Being made of ice, it was entirely possible Ender would enjoy being surrounded by it. Miro took the gem and carefully balanced it on his wrist, the same side as the back of his hand, and began to mold res around it, transmuting each section to ice as he finished.. Carefully using his hand to shape it more perfectly. He molded it so the gem was covered perfectly, making a flat surface, that if one were to run their hand over, could not distinguish gem from ice.

”What is this? You spawned ice from your appendage? I had no idea your kind possessed such an ability!” Miro began to laugh, eager to have finally sparked some interest from the mysterious creature. However he had no time before Shale had returned, done with whatever final business he had to take care of. ”Miro, come ‘ere. It’s time I take my leave. Take this letter to Karash Divine, over at Divine Legacy. Make sure it goes into his hands, without anybody else seeing you. Oh, and congratulations on your new partner, I see you are enjoying your bond already. Not exactly my preference, but whatever makes you happy. Just try to take care of yourself. That thing will be the death of you if you’re not careful. Whatever happens, just be sure to give them a good show, make them roar out and cheer for you, just like always!” Miro smiled back at the man and nodded, knowing Shale had said all that was needed. Miro held his fist out and Shale greeted it with a thud of his own before depositing the letter in the back of his pants.

That was that, another friend Miro had said goodbye to. Miro returned to the connected room, taking a torch, lighting it, and returning up the stairs. It was not long before he could see the light pouring in from the cracks, though now he wished he had made his path in smaller. Covering it up could be a problem. Miro thought, deep, trying to consider how much djed he had used. Attempting to move the rock with flux, then lifting it with reimancy, the path in, and finally lighting torches. Oh, and now he had Ender, which according to Shale afforded him more djed. Either way, it was important that he did what Shale wanted without exhausting too much energy. This new element seemed to tire him out more quickly, so he would have to be efficient with his spend djed.

Miro ran to climb the pile of rocks leading back up to the sunlight. It was much harder climbing out than in. The loose rocks would only slide as weight was put on them, threatening to collapse and trap him. After the third failed attempt to climb, Miro realized he would have to use reimancy to help. ”Ender, you see, the abilities I have are not common. You may not realize it now, but you have chosen “Miro the Hero” as your partner, a master wizard, capable of ever so many magnificent feats. The technique you saw earlier was part of reimancy, and you’re about to see it again!”

It was showtime, the crowds were already cheering, awaiting his grand entrance. Miro knelt down putting one fist on the ground, starting to roar with fierce determination. Res swirled and bubbled outwards from his fist across the floor. The pull on his spirit was tough, but he knew that it was only strain from the speed. He fought through the dizziness taking over, steadily picking up volume in his yell. The floor around him, in a perfect circle, knuckle deep was res. The diameter was little more than a few feet, just enough to get the job done.

Miro lifted his gaze to the rocks, his eyes punching the rocks apart. He pushed his res forward, guiding it with his hands, aiming it along the path upwards to sunlight and freedom. The res seeped into the rubble, moving out of sight and into position. His mind focused on the task of attracting the broken earth, not letting it move from his command. ”Holdfast, and carry my will!” He shouted the words aloud as he ran towards the base of the rocks, ready to end his final adventure in the Colosseum with a bang. With one mighty leap, he jumped half the distance up, getting a firm grip, the easy part was over.

Now, he would do the hard part, the exhausting part, giving the audience one last show to cheer for. Miro closed his eyes tightly, focusing on his attraction of the elements with absolute determination. His plan was simple, yet brought so many possible complications. He would lift the res, carrying both earth and Miro to the surface, at which point he would solidify it into a seal preventing any from accessing the halls below. With a deep breath, he added willpower to thought, turning idea into reality. His mind forced the rubble upwards, taking the boy along with it. ”Traunx! The words rang out into the clear skies above, the rubble lifted him upwards, finally releasing him from the empty halls.

Jumping off, he turned his focus back to the spell still in progress, correcting its positioning and transmuting it to rock. Again, the magnitude of the spell taxed Miro, causing him to fall to his knees, then face down. This time he was sure of it, he had overdone it. Part one, seal up the exit was complete. Miro left a hero, one with a new friend, no, not a friend, something much more. A friend was something you could live without. Ender was more than that, they were one now. Miro had entered alone, hoping to leave a hero, and now he felt he had.

Magic was still strong in the air, howls of creatures could be heard, quite an unusual illusion. Before he could think into it further, Miro’s eyes grew heavy. He knew that his useable djed for the day was exhausted, and his mind and body needed rest as well. The rocks felt comfy, and his consciousness was slipping away. ”Perhaps you aren’t completely useless. Just maybe...” Before the thought could be finished Miro fell asleep, unaware of the danger lurking in the city.
Last edited by Miro on July 22nd, 2012, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Miro on July 22nd, 2012, 11:20 am

3rd day of Spring

Miro opened his eyes, feeling confused and heavy. His body quivered and trembled as he forced himself to his feet. The area he had made a bed did quite a bit of damage to him, piercing his body in a few areas, leaving holes in his chest and arms that trickled blood. Every muscle from his neck to his ankles were sore, not that it surprised him. He began to massage his neck with his hands, but even lifting his arms made him cringe in pain. Terrors cried out from in the city, the sound of frenzied people.

Why in these times of crisis did Ionu not help? Did he truly find so much enjoyment in these times of fear and confusion? It was all the same to Miro, the illusions, never seeing their source, only a great mystery that had lost all flavour and stood as a cheap front for a rather plain and boring city. Nothing great happened here, the illusions only masked the horrors of living in a city governed by madness. Life in this city became a joke told about a horrific death, and the people worshipped this lunacy, wishing they were one with it.

It was now his pain started to boil into rage. It was as if all had been planned, every person who helped Miro grow would in the end be dead, and no less have only Miro’s life to be their only accomplishment. His mother, all she had in the world stood here now, and well, for Kinneas it was much the same. There was no doubt his life remained unfinished. He had goals, plans beyond Miro, yet all of them seemed to be forgotten as their time together progressed. It was Miro again who doomed the man, taking away all Kinneas had. His time and resources all spent so that the broken kid may walk onwards.

Miro began to stretch his body out, no longer concerned with the pain that it may bring. The Flux had done worse things when he had abused it in the past. It was only recently Miro even had a bed to call his own, something more than what one could fashion for a nights rest. Whatever the city had in store to scare its residents had better be worth a scream, because Miro was not in the mood for any more trouble. If an attack was happening again, Miro would not have patience to deal with it. He would avoid it, or simply just kill it, whichever was quickest.

Shale’s letter would be delivered to Karash, and then there would be nothing keeping him from returning home. His time in the city had come to an end, this he was sure of. Before the season was up, Miro would find a new home, one without a trail of regret. Of all the things to happen in this city, none really seemed to stand atop the others. The adventures under the city, a place nobody should ever enter again. After that the attack on the city, taking terror and murder to a citywide scale. And now what was this? A storm that would destroy the city? Oh what exciting times the Alvads lived in.

Time to finish off the last thing he owed to the city. The letter would be received, and then he would take all he could gather from here and depart. If Kinneas was alive, he wasn’t in Alvadas. Karash did not need to tell Miro, by now it was obvious that things were not going to change unless Miro made it so. A change of attitude and a change of scenery would be a good thing. Why then did he hesitate? Was the city so frightening to him that he would not step forward in his current condition? Or were these thoughts of fearlessness his magic tricking him into feeling immortal and peerless.

Whether or not he was crazy, or ready, or even just going to die. Fate would have his way with him, with or without his consent. Miro began to pace forward across the fallen site. If Ionu had any mercy, he would find his way to the shop without any trouble, but of course luck was not common these recent weeks. And though his muscles burned and ached, Miro picked up his pace. The location would show up soon, even if Miro had to outrun Ionu in the process!

Miro took off running, ignoring the red hot searing under his skin. As quick as his bare shaken body could take him he ran. It was only his muscles that were weak, he could press on for as long as needed. Divine Legacy, it was a place Miro was familiar with, but had never quite taken a look inside. From the outside it seemed to be a quiet place, never seeing anybody enter. The only two people he had ever seen inside were Karash, quite the scholarly looking type, and a cute girl Miro did not know the name of.

Divine Legacy was more than just a shop to most Alvads. It was rumored to sell only cursed items. Everybody knew of somebody who knew somebody who had suffered from a curse, but never had he heard from one of these people firsthand. Of course if the items were as cursed as the citizens of Alvadas would like to believe, then it would explain why he had never met any cursed people.

Miro however did not believe that every item was cursed and would bring misfortune. He had heard many gruesome stories told by Kinneas of powerful items forged by the Avain family. Paying more miza than one could ever dream to forge an item so that they may slay a creature, only to harvest something that would allow them to make a better item, and pay even more. Those items were worth a fortune, and surely had more curse in them. All of their items seemed to contain parts of creatures, and some were even made of dead people.

It was obvious that Karash was not of their calibre. If Miro had to guess, it would be that he found unique items with a fine history and pawned them off as cursed. Perhaps the history was not even true. All of the items he had heard of seemed nothing more than trinkets, but perhaps there was something to be said for that. It was a respectable choice, and as far as he could tell, one that gave him no appreciation. What business Shale had with him was beyond Miro, not that he cared. It was only the depth of mystery that the man Shale was.

Finally Miro was upon the road. His body had adjusted well to the ache, but he could tell that he would need a days rest. Though he felt well, all things considered, something was wrong. The color of the streets, the shades of the buildings, it was as if Ionu had changed the color of the city itself. Everything felt darker, in shades of black and red. The normally filled streets were barren, but it was not apparent why. Without the Colosseums cheers and the various performers Alvadas seemed more dead than ever.

”Do not get us killed.” The words came as a sudden shock, Miro had nearly forgotten about his new partner. The rude interruption seemed without cause, well, that was before Miro heard the loud clacking noise behind him. ”Move!” Without having time to analyze the situation or question what was told to him Miro jumped to the ground beside him. His tired body fell hard on the ground, yet he was safe for the moment.

A large grotesque ram turned towards him, glaring back with disdain. It had blackened fur, gnarled and knotted together with dung, and a tar-like substance ran from its jaws. Two ebony horns swirled outwards from its skull, ultimately pointing upwards and coming to a sharp point. It grunted at Miro, its red eyes staring him down, as the kid scrambled to his feet. The ugly creature lowered its head and began to charge.

Miro, finally gaining balance and grace in his footwork began to run as quickly as his body would carry him. Behind him, the hooves were coming closer and closer, forcing Miro to tap into his ever precious djed. He began to use his djed to influence the pathways in his arms. He began to redirect it, pulling the latent energy down and into his legs. The familiar feeling started to become noticeable, a tingling, as if he were laying on them. His arms slowly began to swing less and less in sync with his running, becoming nearly limp, while yet another familiar feeling was felt, this time in his legs. The redirected energy flowed into his legs, exciting every fiber of his muscle, whispering words of encouragement.

No longer did he hear the sound of footsteps closing in, but knew he was not in the clear yet. He had a plan, one he hoped would work well. He allowed the redirected energy to release, creating a painful tinge throughout his body. It was not a normal pain, not one felt when his body was in good condition at least. He now began to pant, finally feeling the sting of running catching up to him. His speed decreased even further, but he did not lose heart. Again the stomping hooves could be heard behind him, but at last he saw what he wanted, an alleyway corner. With this maneuver he would lose the creature for good.

It was a plan riddled with countless opportunities to fail, the best kind. The clatter was closer than ever before, yet Miro needed to slow down. He would have to either risk being pierced or slam his body against the wall, but if he slowed too much it could follow, and if he continued to debate he would lose focus and miss his chance. At the last possible moment, Miro began to turn and attempt to slow himself, causing him to hop on his pivot foot. He held his arms out, seeing he would miss the turn if he continued on. From his hands he forced a powerful gust of wind out, slowing him and aiding him to turn around the corner.

Miro was lucky for a change, but not as lucky as he would have hoped. He indeed made the turn, only hitting his right shoulder against the wall, however the ram was just as quick with its reaction. At the last second it turned its head, digging its horn into Miros side, ripping him open. The cut was not deep, only the very tip had caught him and slid across, leaving a gash of a few inches. He had no time to worry about it, lest it be the least of his worries, so he clasped a hand to it and continued on.

After leaving the alley way, another bit of luck struck the man. He was upon Divine Legacy. The large glass windows loomed over him, oddly foggy today. Miro opened the old wooden door and walked inside. The wooden displays were filled with items of any shape and size one could imagine. Dolls, toys, clothing, even things that Miro couldn't identify, covering every inch of the displays. Though they seemed to be innocent items, Miro did get a shiver up his spine, as if they all were watching him as he approached the counter.

On the shelf in a gilded display sat a magnificent piece of work. A dark mask, masterfully painted in all shades of red. As Miro looked closer he was able to see the fine detail in the etching, drawing him in further. The mask seemed to have perfect detail, if such a thing existed. Just looking at it twisted Miro’s stomach in a knot. Out of all of the items in the place, this one was most exceptional. Just staring into the eye cavities, Miro could begin to hear cries of dread. This item, if any, was the cursed one, and Miro needed it!

Not a moment later the door swung open, and Karash entered the room, his face sunk into a book. An unsavory stench came forth with him, smelling as if rotten meat was stored below. ”Welcome, I’ll be just a moment.” Miro reached pulled the letter from his trousers, wondering if the man even noticed Miro’s lack of clothing at all. A chime or two passed, and Miro began to get impatient. He held the letter out, preparing to force the man’s attention over to him. Just as Miro opened his mouth to talk, Karash snatched the letter and slammed his book shut. ”Now then, was that all?”

Miro could not help himself, he had to know more about this piece of art that sat on display before him. All of the thoughts running through his mind caused more than a bit of confusion, but he did manage to get out a single word. ”That!” He lifted his finger upwards, pointing at the glass case, unable to resist the temptations any longer. ”Ah, you like that one, huh?” A curious smile crossed the man’s lips as he turned away. In his mind, it was already Miro’s mask.

FALLACY!Fallacy can you jump in and mod Karash for me please?
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Fallacy on July 22nd, 2012, 11:40 am

Even though the man slammed his book shut, he was still looking at the cover, as if admiring some fantastic piece of art the whole time he interacted with Miro. The letter, well, the letter could wait until prying eyes were not present. Karash had noticed the seal had not been broken, which was good. That meant that it hadnt been read or the contents looked at. No magical traces... his hand still graced the letter reading it magically for any signs of temperament. Nothing. Good.

When the youth pointed to the display case behind him, all Karash could do was smile. He knew full well what was being pointed to, the object that he desired. What a particular mask. Setting his book down on the counter he went over to the case, he opened it and from it pulled the mask, "This." he whispered to the mask, "Is quite the particular work of art." he glanced over its paintings and he knew that, Ionu knows that, he spent enough times collecting things for it that it would fetch quite the price. "This, my lad," he slowly made his way back over to the counter, the letter delivered never leaving his grasp, "is far too expensive for you to afford." he announced, looking in the masks eyes.

"1000 GM." he told him. He told him sounding unsure of himself, which was unusual. It was only when he announced the price that a thought crossed his mind, yes... "Though I could give you a discount if you deliver a letter for me." he said with a smile. "500 GM, half price, for a bit of your life."

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Miro on July 22nd, 2012, 12:02 pm

Miro's heart sank when he heard the price. He had more than enough gold to cover it, but without a job and plans to leave the city he would have to at least attempt to hold on to his money. When Karash told Miro that he could deliver the letter and get it at half price, a thought came to his mind. If it was worth 1000 gold, and he could get it for 500, he could simply resell it at a great profit.

There was an issue he had however. Miro was willing to invest the gold, and even willing to deliver the letter, but he had no idea what made the item so valuable. Surely he would need to know its value before he could attempt to sell it for such a steep price. And of course, only an idiot would spend so much money without knowing the reason.

"Karash, I will deliver that letter, and I will pay the 500 Miza, if you can sell it. I want to know how such a simple item can demand so much money. How can an item be worth 1000 gold? One might assume you were trying to take advantage of me, but surely you would not do such a thing. You explain to me how an item like this can fetch so much money, and I will gladly pay for it."

Miro leaned in, taking a cocky posture resting against the counter. He wanted Karash to justify such a piece, to tell a story Miro would never forget. If the item was truly worthy as much as he claimed, then perhaps, just perhaps it would become Miro's new treasure. And the discount? Well, that would just be Miro taking advantage of him. As smart as this man seemed, Miro highly doubted his ability to sell it at such a price. Though, he also did not have the best record when it came to estimating the skills of strangers.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Fallacy on July 22nd, 2012, 12:20 pm

Karash continued to stare at the mask even as Miro talked. By the way his voice sounded before the man knew that the youth really wanted the mask. He didnt need to sell the mask, the mask had sold itself already. "Sell it?" he asked the mask, turning it over in his hands, "If you took any note at the amount of craftsmanship and work put into it then you would know its true value." he said, still admiring that particular piece. The mask was many things and peoples legacy. It was how he remembered the dead and respected them. "Even a boy like you can see how precious a work this is." He placed the mask gently on the counter before Miro, the mask seemed to catch the boys attention, and it felt like it was staring into Miro, seeing past everything and into his soul.

"Nonetheless the item itself is said to have been crafted out of many beings, their names long forgotten. A warrior of great worth crafted this masterpiece out of the remains of the various people and monsters he killed. It is said, with it, the warrior gained the powers of the fallen beasts and with it killed many more who stood in his way. The mask as you see it now," he paused gesturing to the mask, "wasn't as it is. You see, the mask evolved and changed, the great warrior adding to its power by incorporating more and more remains into its very structure. It started out small, a visor of sorts, and when he finally perished this is all that was left." he said with a crooked smile. "The Mask of Many." he named it, "That is what it is called." he said adding a name to the false history, but he knew the real history was just as disturbing.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Miro on July 22nd, 2012, 12:56 pm

Miro put his finger to his lips, silently pondering for a moment. "Indeed I do know value, and a good deal when I see one. If that tale is true, then this mask has quite the magnificent history. I will pay your fee and deliver the letter as promised. Just, please, do me one courtesy. It is killing me, I must know...does the mask really make you stronger?"

The bait had been snatched, and there was no turning back. The moment he head the history, he knew it was the one gem in the entire shop. The Mask of Many had been waiting all of this time, calling out to Miro. The part that called out to Miro, it was the craftsman's spirit. The final remains put into it were of the creator, a fierce warrior, unmatched in battle. The man who brought doom to so many. It saw potential in Miro, and now, he would be its new master.

Miro reached into his coin purse with a sigh. "Please, do give me a moment!" One by one he began to pull out the gold rimmed Miza and place them on the counter. He was sure to take a careful amount of time, counting precisely, while also trying not to make the malice in his pace apparent. Karash had forced Miro to wait, and he had given him little attention at all, but now, he needed to wait on Miro

A few chimes later he finished, sure of the amount, as he had double counted, and pushed the stacks forward. The coins spilled over on the counter, some rolling off the edge and onto the floor. "There 500 gold rimmed Miza for you, sir. Now, just give me this letter and I will have it delivered before the sun goes down. All I need to know is the name and place, and it shall be done." Miro tapped his foot impatiently, only moments away from snatching the item he craved.

FALLACY!Could you please finish the thread with this next post?
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unfamiliar Territory

Postby Fallacy on July 22nd, 2012, 1:15 pm

Karash had been satisfied with the interaction so far. If he was making a sale then this person wasnt an entire waste of time. After the reciting of the 'history' of the mask he knew that he had the boy caught. The tone in his voice, even his aura shifted a bit. He had him hooked. A smile crept back on his lips as he nodded at the question, "Of course." he exclaimed, "Though Ive never experienced its powers myself those wearing it claim it to be so." he said, hinting that it has had many owners; the item always making it back to the shop.

The man waited for Miro to count the Miza out. Was he daft? Most likely counting that slow. Though it was a good chance to get farther in the book. Yawning loudly at the actions of the youth he picked up the book again and opened it, flipping a couple pages until he found his spot again. It was there, in the world of the book, he would wait till the time came that the boy spoke again.

Glancing over the topmost edge of his book he looked down at the miza piled and overflowing the counter. "Very well." he said, his unoccupied hand slipping under the counter to a produce a pre-written and sealed letter. The envelope it was in was black, and the seal that bound the letter closed was a blood red with a fancy and ornate 'DL'. Though to Miro it would look more like a rune than anything.

Placing the letter atop the mask, Karash returned to his book, a lazy hand waving him away, "The letter is to be delivered to Marcel of Marcel's Magical Supplies." he stated, "Zeltiva." he provided minimal information and returned to his book, standing there. Karash would then look at Miro as if a bit annoyed, again, over top the edge of his book. He was waiting for him to leave.

When the youth would accept and take the letter he would feel that there was something off about it. The letter itself tingled with magical energy. Not a little, but enough for him to notice even before he touched it. Some security measure to ensure that the letter is only read by the person who it is to?

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Reimancy- 3
  • Flux- 4
  • Acrobatics- 2
  • Negotiation- 3
  • Investigation- 2
  • Rhetoric- 2
  • Climbing- 1
  • Running- 3
  • Observation- 2
  • Familiarity- 3
Lore:
  • Reimancy: Moving Earth with Res
  • The aftermath of the Djed Storm of 512 on Alvadas
  • Making a deal with Shale
  • Delivering a letter to Karash
  • Ender- Familiar
  • Contract with Familiar
  • Working with Ender
  • Wounded by a Djed-Warped Ram
  • Fake History of the Mask of Many
Notes:

Congratulations on getting your new earth element!

-53 GM for Shale (Including Tip)
-500 GM for Mask bought at Divine Legacy
Total= -553 GM

Wound- Gash on left side. Get it looked at Ionus Mercy. Who knows what kind of stuff that Ram could have had on it! O.o The wound will heal abnormally, taking much longer to close up, and generally be feisty and resistant to treatment even to those marked by Rak'keli.

Letter from Karash to be delivered to Marcel of Marcel's Magical Supplies

Mask of Many :
Mask of Many- This mask has a rather frightening appearance being made up of bones from both monsters and of many people of different races. It is like nothing which has ever existed. Many fragments of skulls, blended into one mask. In the shape of a general human skull, the mask always fit its wearer, no matter the size of his head. The once smooth surface is dotted with little spikes, barely resembling a human skull. Many people question when they see the mask if it is not just part of a human skull cut and shaped into a mask. The eye sockets to the mask are exaggerated and leave more than enough room to see almost unhindered. The jaw of the mask unhinges, lining up and going under the jaw of the bearer. The piece of art is always bearing teeth, some human, some not, but it moves in accordance to the wearers speaking. Most importantly it still allows the wearer to eat and drink normally. The mask is colored black and red. (Specific paint job is left up to the PC)

When worn the mask grants the user quite the unique ability: The bones and skin of the wearer is harder to break and cut, taking three times the force than usual. However, when the mask isn’t worn the wearer will find himself twice as ‘fragile’, and fatigues twice as fast. United they stand, strong in their unity, but weak and broken when separated.

The longer the mask is worn the more apparent the effects are. However, it has to fully bind to the person to get the full effect. Binding happens rather fast, and the user finds the mask harder and harder to take off with each use. When they put it on for the tenth time the binding is complete. To take it off, the mask will have to be literally broken off the person's face, and even then the effects are permanent, for good or for ill.

Wow. Its evident that you put a lot of work and thought into this. Thank you for bearing with me with all the changes that I asked you to make. You used magic very well, and as I advised you before, add more detail. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience to read, and I love how you played Shale. Good job.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook