[The Equinox] Entering The Equinox (Solo)

Wart works to get a job at a small local tattoo parlor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Wart on July 16th, 2012, 7:37 am

Eth was there to open the door when she returned. She stepped in, wiping the sweat from her forehead. She had ended up taking the exact same route getting away from those men, though this time naked and garnishing a lot of annoying attention. She was exhausted at this point, the entire way punishing herself for not going running more often.

After catching her breath for a moment she looked at the boy who had apparently been waiting for her. He kept his eyes glued to the floor, his cheeks the deep flushed color they were when she left. In his other hand he had all of her clothes and was holding them out to her awkwardly. Wart laughed, and took them from him. "Ain't you never seen a woman-" Looking around she stopped. The tattoo shop was empty. "Eth... Where did they go." Her first thought was of the indescribable violence that would erupt if all of this had been one huge scam.

"Oh they're in... Lewd's office... They told me come wait out here give you your clothes and tell you they're waiting for you." Swallowing hard he turned around, facing the windows on one of the walls. "I'll uh let you get dressed..." She couldn't but feel at least a little pity for him, it was obvious they purposefully made him the one to wait. She was preoccupied however wondering what kind of stunt they were planning now. If there was one more stupid, pointless task to do, she'd walk out, no matter how far she'd come. She hated taking orders, and being manipulated was unacceptable. If she had to, she'd let them know that the hard way, too.

Once she'd gotten her clothes on she turned back to Eth, who'd been waiting silently. "Well, come on then." He looked at her hesitantly, then smiled, obviously relieved to see her clothed. When Wart started to go, he stopped her, his voice down to a whisper. "Hey... don't worry about it okay, this part's just tradition, formalities you know. Tongue's not allowed to add anything else on, or Lewd for that matter." She smiled and nodded, appreciating that he cared to tell her. She'd never been a fan of overly kind or nice people like this, they always seemed weak to her. His own apparent discipline, both mental and physical, were proof against this sort of bias, earning him at least some respect in her mind. She pitied him, of course, and thought him slightly foolish for it, but he was okay.

Opening the door revealed the horrendous stench once again. Being prepared for it this time, it didn't quite bother her as much. Inside Coal Tongue and Lewd were all standing on the other side of the desk. Eth, politely excusing himself to move around Wart, joined them. Tongue looked like he had been crying, though judging by his tacky grin at seeing Wart he had probably just been laughing hysterically. "Nice ta seeya wear'n clothes there," his voice broke, obviously choking back yet more laughter, "you 'ave fun wit some sail'rs ou' theh?"

"A'right shut up before you hurt yourself, now I got your approval or what?" This was a rhetorical question of course, because if the answer was no then there would inevitably be a murder as consequence.

"Yeah, sho, mine's a yes." He smiled at her, gasping for breath. Everyone else looked expectantly at Lewd. He cracked a smile and held out his hand for a handshake. Bout time Wart gripped his hand, glad that all of this was finally at an end. "Welcome to our crappy little family... Swarthy." She froze staring at him in confusion. Swarthy... don't that mean dark ski- oh. "Gods," Wart retreated her hand and smacked it against her forehead, thoroughly disappointed in the horrible attempt at irony they'd twisted her name into. "You guys are idiots."

oocI'm sorry for how long this thread was, I hadn't intended for it to drag out quite like this. Also I apologize if it seems the last couple of posts were a slight bit more rushed, I'd gotten to the point where I felt like it was just too stretched and wanted to wrap it up, but I can always go back and put in the detail its lacking if its needed.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Paragon on July 22nd, 2012, 4:05 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Wart's Loot :
Wart

Skill XP Reward
Intimidation +1
Observation +1
Negotiation +1
Drawing +2
Tattooing +2
Drinking +2
Unarmed Combat +1
Running +2
Acrobatics +1

Lore: A Need for Money, Battling Unwanted Attention, Equinox's Unique Tattoo Mixture, Boss: Lewd, Colleague: Tongue, Colleague: Tobias, Ethaefal Beauty, Colleague: Coal, Kelp Beer, Fighting with a Fish, The Equinox Initiation, Swarthy

Items or Consequences: A job! Details pre-arranged, 4 GM/Day.

I really like how you described her situation and the motivation to go and get a job, not many players do that. Not to mention the rest of the thread, the initiation was hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the fish slap, a very Zeltivan dare... Great thread, I really enjoyed the read, and apologies for so many lores, but there were lots of opportunities for useful ones! - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous