Wart

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Wart

Postby Wart on June 20th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Name: Wart (Born Warthenia)
Race: Human & Vantha mix
Birthday: 15 Winter 488

The first, most obvious thing that strikes anyone who lays eyes on Wart is the essence of Color. Her short hair is a mousey, unruly brown naturally. Her makeup, namely around her eyes, is usually a blended transition from purple inside, to blue, then to green. All over her body are random assortments of tattoo just a few shades darker than her skin color that she's done herself. None of them are permanent, having been tattooed with a mixture of plants used to dye her skin in patterns of her own making. The reason for this is so that she can re-tattoo once the temporary ones fade, always coming up with new designs to make it interesting. The only exception of this are the two around her eye, both of which are permanent.

From her Vantha side she has inherited the changing eye color, which will transition according to her mood. Most of the time it is a subtle shade of purple, with a slight tint of blue on the inside. Her body is fairly average, standing at about 5"9', and is lean but not necessarily weak or fragile. She isn't well "endowed," and is very flat chested.

Having come from Avanthal, she doesn't wear much in the way of clothes, as weather everywhere else, even when its cold, seems generally very warm to her. Much of the time she'll be wearing plain brown shorts and a simple, sleeveless shirt with worn brown boots. Nothing extravagant but nothing too shabby either. Much of the time these clothes will have splatters of paint or chalk dust all over them, adding to the messy fray of color.

The best way to describe Wart is independent and rebellious. This is obvious from her defiant, eccentric appearance. She doesn't care what anyone things of her or her art, and she's not afraid to say that. Emotions, other than anger, are something she doesn't often convey or like to deal with, preferring to solely express them in her art. As such the most easy way if someone were to try and find out how she was feeling at a particular time would not be to talk to or study her, but to study what she last drew or painted.

The world to Wart is just one big blank canvas. She then has the duty to go and fill it with color.

Wart is what can be considered a sort of "guerrilla" or "street" artist. In a sense this is just a nicer way to say she marks up public property. She is never without a belt, carrying on it all the basic colors of paint, a brush, and the same colors of chalk. As she wanders a city, she'll usually find a certain wall or building side she likes, pulls over the hood on her cloak, and instantly begin her work. Many of these drawings are simple, as she doesn't have much time or she'll be caught. Most of the time she uses the chalk, unless its at night or in a secluded area where she knows there will be time for a painting. Wart very well knows this isn't always "legal" and that not everyone exactly appreciates her pieces. She tends to actually enjoy when someone overacts to discovering a new mural that has been added to their home.

When she isn't wandering the street, she is reapplying her hair dye or touching up a tattoo. While she may seem somewhat rude or standoffish, get her started on something color or art related and she becomes a whole other person. In fact, when she is immersed in a work of art, it is often the only time she can be found smiling.

Because of her thin appearance and dedication to art, some make the assumption that she is weak. This is not true whatsoever. Wart is very capable of defending herself, being trained in unarmed combat. She also hopes to pick up other combat skills. A very serious, and dedicated learner, this is the one other place where she becomes very different from her usual defiant self. She is very humble and will listen carefully and obediently to her teacher.

Everyone has their flaws. Because of her father and the rash and stupid behavior of her mother, Wart has a hard time trusting others. In fact she generally hates everyone by a default and it takes quite a lot to change that. She also has very intense, slightly illogical fear of birds. This she often channels into anger, not wanting to show her phobia, and she will very readily beat a bird with anything nearby should it get too close to her.

"Alright so't all started when my mother decides to go be stupid and go ta Syliras for a 'vacation.' Course she gets drunk in some trashy tavern or something, and some human knocks her up. She comes back to Avanthal cryin' her eyes out puttin on a show an' they all welcome her back all sorry for her. Course all they care bout is their stories and 'is makes a great one cause she goes on and on bout how he was so handsome and blond and charming, and how she swears he musta been part somehtin else (uh huh right) cause he used some weird magic to seduce her (bet that wasn't hard *cough* slut).

So few seasons later, there's me. And all the Vanthas are dark, right, hair, skin, everyone's real dark over there. And I'm born with light, bland hair, an' I'm pale. So course what'sa first thing they think? 'AAH Is' a sign from Morwen!' (She's the Goddess of winter. Get it. Winter. White. I'm pale? Yeah 'is petchin stupid.) Oh, and they name me "Warthenia." Really? Shoulda thrown me in a hole then an' there. Anyway they think I'm this great thing and expect me to be the best little Vantha there. Guess what, I hate snow. I hate it. Its white. Plain white. No color, nothin. See growin up there you don't really think about it. There's snow everywhere, you don't know anything else. But these visitors... They'd bring all these paintings. Paintings of all these pretty, colorful places from far away. And I decided I wanted that.

Actually it drove me nuts. That aurora junk up there? Beautiful. S'a bunch a gorgeous color, tauntin' ya, floatin outta you're reach. So I took to painting with stuff I bought from some human and I'd paint all o'er the house. Spent all my time painting what I thought other places looked like. Sometimes I just painted shapes and colors. I just wanted that, y' know. So badly.

Mom an' the rest of her family tried to distract me. Tried to please me, make me do things that were interesting, that sorta crap. I ended up training with the guys, that was fun. Ha kicked the shyke outta a few. They'd be these big ol' muscular men, and I'd take em down, easy. This one older man there, he started me up on archery, but I didn't get too far on that.

Anyway I get ta 18 and decided I'd leave with one o' the visitors who was headin out. Said he was on his way to this place "Zeltiva." Said it was warm there, over by the ocean. So I left.
I didn't make it this big ol' fiasco like some whiny brat. Didn't sneak outta the house, didn't steal nothin, didn't leave in the dead of night. Nah, I told my mother "Hey I'mma leave." She's stupid, but even she knew 't was comin'. So she told me I better write her, and I went.

So here I am. Took us for freaking ever to get to Zeltiva. They didn't mention how far the place was, if I'da known I'da waited for someone goin somewhere closer. Eh, whatever though. Got some new colors for my paint, fought some bears, it was fun. Got to the city, first thing, changed ma name. Wart. And no, I don't see nothin' funny bout it."

Employment
Currently works as a tattoo artist in The Equinox (Which employment was no easy task)
Salary - 4gm/day

Co-workers
Lewd - Wart's Boss. He's obnoxious and often drunk or drinking. He finds Wart somewhat entertaining because of how mad she constantly gets.

Tongue - Another tattoo Artist. Will never, ever shut up. Got along at first, enjoying banter of calling each other random horrible insults. At the moment they are on bad terms, Tongue having pushed Wart to completely go off on him.

Coal- Another tattoo Artist. Wart very much respects her for her art, one of few people she genuinely looks up to her in that aspect.

Eth- Another tattoo Artist. In Wart's opinion, he is far, far too nice for his own good. But he's one person she simply can't be mad at. She often finds his meekness somewhat amusing.

Languages
Vani - Fluent
Common - Basic

Possessions

Possessions
Starting Package :
1 Set of Clothing
-Simple sleeveless tunic
-Simple shorts
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple black cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Toolbelt for holding paint/chalk (heirloom)
Book on Flowers in Zeltiva
Book on Growing Flowers in Zeltiva
Book on Landscaping

Housing
1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table (in Zeltiva)

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting Package +100GM 100GM
One pound Paints and dyes, exotic -30GM 70GM
Kelp Beer -10 SM 69 GM
Sackcloth -2 SM
50 feet rope, hemp -1 GM 67GM 8SM
Tip from work +2GM 69GM 8SM
Summer Living expenses - Poor -45GM 20Gm 8SM
Seasonal Wages (68 days) +272 GM 292GM 8SM

Skills
Skill Xp Total Proficiency
Drawing 20 SP 4 XP 26 Competent
Painting 20 SP 20 Novice
Tattooing 10 SP 2 XP 12 Novice
Unarmed Combat 10 RB 1 XP 11 Novice
Seduction 4 XP 4 Novice
Intimidation 3 XP 3 Novice
Subterfuge 2 XP 2 Novice
Observation 3 XP 3 Novice
Drinking 2 XP 2 Novice
Running 2 XP 2 Novice
Teaching 2 XP 2 Novice
Socialization 1 XP 1 Novice
Persuasion 1 XP 1 Novice
Negotiation 1 XP 1 Novice
Politics 1 XP 1 Novice
Philosophy 1 XP 1 Novice
Acrobatics 1 XP 1 Novice

Lores

Summer 512 :
0-20th Colored Entrails
Tries to paint a wall, meets Tock, Kaeson, Iris, Nai'shee
x-23rd Entering the Equinox
Gets employment at the tattoo parlour The Equinox - involves Kelp Beer, fish slapping, and streaking.
0-30th Art to Art
Meets Gale at the Quill's rest
0-35th Some Stupid Sand Sack Shyke
Goes through far too much to for a sack of sand
0-43rdAn Inkling of Affliction
Gives Wrenmae a tattoo
x-48thDoing Things You Might Regret
Wart+Tock+Alcohol=???
x-49th Day After
Teased by Lewd and does a quick touch-up
0-55th Who Knew Anger Wasn't the Only Source of Inspiration
x-58th The Zeltivan Monument Series Part 5: The Design
A conversation in the library about politics and Tock's statue design
0-65th The Zeltivan Monument Series Part 6: The Carving
Work starts on Tock's statue, Wart helps figuring out the landscaping
0-75th Summer's Shade, Winter's Tint
Meets Nixie
0-77th Caught Rayed Handed
Goes to graffiti paint a house and meets Rayes

Summer 513:
Last edited by Wart on July 10th, 2012, 8:50 am, edited 15 times in total.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)