Sylkra's Scrapbook ~ Wild Things

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sylkra on July 15th, 2012, 12:07 am

Wow... Thanks so much Minnie!!!!! Now I feel much more better about this whole "Scrapbooking" thing.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on July 15th, 2012, 4:02 pm

"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

-Steve Jobs
Read it again. And again. Do you get it now? What Steve Jobs is trying to say? He is a brilliant man. Smart, intelligent, nice, there is not many words to describe him, yet he is so much. 'Amazing' is all he is. A good man. And that's why I've decided to write his quotes in each post of my scrapbook that relates to my topic. I adore Steve Jobs.

In his quote, he is trying to make a point. Our lives are short. We have around 70-95 years to live, each year having 364 days that ticks by, and we don't even realize. We need to see how precious each and every day is, and what we can do in our lives to stand out against all. We need to find a way to live our dreams, to achieve big. Do something different every day, see new people, go to new places, do something else... Don't stick to the daily grind everyday, because if you do, in the final hours of your life, you'll end up regretting it. We only have so much time to live, so we need to treat each day like it was a blessing.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on July 22nd, 2012, 11:37 pm

Sylkra wrote:

Sylkra whimpered, and then hugged Sariana as she stroked her hair. She smiled, and then felt the Drykas' own hair as well. It was so smooth, so silky, she wanted to fall asleep into it. She sighed, sad for making that huge scene and maybe embarrassing Sariana. It was a shame for her. She would have to learn to never do something like that again. She looked up at the moon, and then down at Sariana's arm, how she stroked her hair ever so softly. Sylkra's bright hair always shimmered under the moonlight like a stream. She smiled again, and then pulled free from Sariana's grip.

"You're right," she said, confident in her own words. She was looking at Sariana in her beautiful eyes, and then continued. "I need to stop." Her head dropped for a moment, and her face drooped into a pitiful frown. But then she pulled it back up, giving her a weak grin. "I just don't know what to do with myself when I disagree with you. You are, always have been, and will be the nicest person to me I've ever met, the closest. And if you ever get pinched by sadness or hurt or pain, or any bad thing, I feel like it was my fault, because I am supposed to be protecting you. I am supposed to be your guardian." She could feel her lips drooped uncontrollably again, and her eyes milking up into a soft glaze. She wanted the best for Sariana, she wanted her to always be okay. If that didn't happen, Sylkra was the one to take the blame, she was the protector.

And as the protector, she didn't want Sariana to get hurt.

"Sariana, we are equals..." She trailed off, and mumbled, "I think," looked down and thinking about it. Were they equals? But her scrambled mind pushed it away and she kept talking. "And that means I deserve as much pain as you do. Which you don't deserve any. You are the kindest, friendliest, smartest, most perfect and amazing person I've ever met." A smile leaped onto her face. "I just thought I deserved punishment. Like a hunter gets no pay when he comes back with no meat or skins." Sylkra had gotten into the habit of describing things with hunting.

Wow... I just want to say, over the past... what, how long have I been to Mizahar, 3 or 4 months? That's hard to believe. I'm not sure if it seems longer or shorter than that. But, anyway, look at the post, and well... depending on your opinions, how good it is. I mean, in my mind, it looks like, TOTALLY not me, it's so good. I never thought I could be a good writer like that. You might not, but I do, think it's good. Amazing. And then look here at my first post EVER:

Sylkra wrote:Sylkra took a deep breath, and looked at all the other Kelvics. They all had masters. They all had a purpose in life. She realized, that maybe she could find one too. In her human form, Sylkra took off through the trees and branches. In town center, she let out a howl, signaling everyone to gather by her. She shouted over the chat of the people, "Sorry for wasting your time, but I need a master. Never in my life have I had one, and so I am looking for anyone, no matter how kind. Please, I'm desperate. Whoever wants to be my master I will protect and serve until the end of time."

Wow. Like, amazing. I think later I will do a redo of that post, except it won't actually count for anything, just for fun to see how I would write that NOW as as opposed to EARLIER, when like writing was not something I did everyday. So because of this brilliant boost in writing, I thank the founders, for making Mizahar, the people, for the threads, and all the staff and mods and admins, for keeping it safe and kept in order.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 22nd, 2012, 11:47 pm

Isn't that why we're here? To grow and learn. To practice our skills. And of course, to have fun doing so among people of like minds.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sylkra on July 29th, 2012, 4:57 pm

I loved the olympic beginning!!!!!! I will be watching ALL of the olympics!!!! USA! USA will win gold!!!

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on August 7th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Sylkra took a deep breath, and looked at all the other Kelvics. They all had masters. They all had a purpose in life. She realized, that maybe she could find one too. In her human form, Sylkra took off through the trees and branches. In town center, she let out a howl, signaling everyone to gather by her. She shouted over the chat of the people, "Sorry for wasting your time, but I need a master. Never in my life have I had one, and so I am looking for anyone, no matter how kind. Please, I'm desperate. Whoever wants to be my master I will protect and serve until the end of time."

That was by me. And looking back on it, I can't believe it. I mean, I'm so better at writing now! I think Mizahar has really given me a gift. I enjoy writing so much more now! Before, it was a chore.

And now I will rewrite that thread, that small, small, thread, to make it look better. But of course, this is only for fun and I won't actually use this for anything.

Taking a deep breath, Sylkra stepped up onto the bench. Circling around her were Kelvics and masters of all sorts, brown haired, orange furred, green eyed, and everything in between. Sylkra herself felt out of place and lost. Ever since she was born, an empty hole lay in her heart, one that was never filled. If it would be, hopefully it would be with concrete. Strong, and unbreakable. But until this day, she had never tried fixing it.

But today, Sylkra was feeling awfully devious. She stood in her rags, looking down at them all. Several people had looked up at her from their daily work curious, bit also with annoyance. Suddenly, Sylkra felt a little uncomfortable. She could feel her face reddening up like meat. She felt nervous as ever. "Um...." she trembled, "Um..." Her voice was shaking. She wiped the sweat off her forehead. "I came up here to tell ALL of you," she yelled. Being loud made her feel brave. "That I have traveled far and wide," she lied, "To find a master to fill the void that lies forever in my heart."

Sylkra felt stupid. She waited for what seemed like hours.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous