Sylkra's Scrapbook ~ Wild Things

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 8:30 pm

A scrapbook?! I always saw them, the ST's use them all the time. But now I'm making one, regardless that I have no idea what to put in here. Actually, I'm kind of nervous. Kind of, actually, is an understatement. I know, you say, "NERVOUS TO MAKE A SCRAPBOOK?" But it's the sad truth. I don't know what to put. I'm scared.

So what should I put in here? I'll let you decide. If anyone actually bothers to come here, LOL. I'm just so nervous.

Er....

"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 9:47 pm

I'm hyperventilating... I think. 2 hours and no one has posted anything... Is this bad??? What do I do????

Anyway, I'm still really nervous about the whole scrapbook thing, and incredibly uncomfortable with it. I don't know why, but it has been bugging me and has left a hopefully not permanent scar on my brain. I feel really awful about it.... Yet, I don't know why. It's been picking at me and hurting me like you pick a scab when you know it will hurt, but it's annoying and you just want to get it off. I want to pick off the bad feeling of this scrapbook thing, and it would be a heck of a lot better if someone posted in it.... I think? It would make me feel better.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Leigo on July 14th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Just find something you want to say and then tell us. :)

It's supposed to be about you, not us.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Oh.... that worries me now... Now I don't know what to put AT ALL... Um... Heh heh, Er...

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alea Davenport on July 14th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Relax. Breathe. It is not the end of the world if your scrap book goes hours or days without response. People on Mizahar are not always online 24/7. It doesn't mean people hate you. It'll be okay.

Really, as I understand it, the scrapbook is your own personal OOC thread. Some people post their thoughts and feelings, other people post funny links and videos. Really, it can be anything you want (in compliance with the terms of service anyway).

I made a scrapbook a while ago, and it got a few posts but then faded into obscurity. It's not a big deal. Relax. Breathe. Post :)

Hope this helped.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Heh heh, it helped Aela, and I'm not that worried about how fast people post, or... It's just, all your guy's scrapbooks are amazing and like pieces of art... Mine's empty, barren, and... empty. I don't really like giving too much info about myself on the web... There could be stalkers out there...

But anyway, thanks.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 14th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Tell us about the Christopher Robin quote in your signature. What made you pick that particular quote?
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 11:28 pm

:D Good suggestion, thanks Minnie! (My new nickname for you!)

I picked it after my grandfather had received news that he had blood cancer. When I heard this, It was horrible. I felt so sad, so... Angry at god for giving him this. He was always a good person, cheery and there to cheer people up. I was angry and sad at the same time. Whenever I feel emotions like this, I turn to quotes that are hard to find... quotes that most would not look in. Quotes that everyone must dig deeper to find, and mean a lot.

I find my quotes from children's books and movies. I find that a child's movies are always the most rewarding and rich in life lessons, because as a young child, your mind is a lot more open so the movie makers give them lessons about life in the books and movies they are likely watch, so that they learn them at an early age, and the quotes stick with them. I wish I could go back to being 8, so that I could relive my childhood. You only get 1 childhood. And then it's gone. And then you grow up to be an adult, which I find it's hard for adults to change their personalities or destinies. They are already laid out for them, there's no going back. You can't change what you want to learn... You have already developed and grown, so now all you can do is stack on top of what your childhood was building.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 14th, 2012, 11:42 pm

<3 I go by many names.

Maybe some of what you're saying is why we sometimes roleplay. A chance to pretend like we're younger. I'm 32 irl, but I'm playing a 21 year old. She hasn't experienced some of the things I have, and I can give her a chance to make her own choices and mistakes.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sylkra on July 14th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Indeed, I believe RPing gives you the chance to re-live your life, if that's what you desire, and even take you to another body. It gives you a chance to explore other worlds, be what you want to be, and discover something about yourself. Put yourself in someone's shoes. RPing lets you live your dreams, no matter how far-fetched you are.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next