The Third Day (Koh & Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on May 2nd, 2010, 9:33 pm

43rd Spring, 510 A.V.

Not long after returning home from his meeting with Koh, he had pulled all books he owned relating to the Dhani. Refreshing his memory with studies of the culture, of the biology, of everything he could find. It was one tidbit in a book on the physical anthropology of non-human races that proved most useful just then. It described the time periods required for Constrictors to digest a meal like, say, a cow.

And so, on the third day, he returned to the copse of trees where he had left his Dhani acquaintance to seek him out, hoping his torpor would have passed and that he would be capable of talking. For the past three days he had been dreaming of studying in Zinrah, and living among the snake-people, accepted, trading his work for their lore.

Perhaps such thinking was premature, but for the time being, he could seek to develop a friendship with the young Dhani -- young, though he was probably somewhere around one hundred years old.

For no particular reason save a sudden sense of secrecy -- Koh might be less able to protect himself while napping with a full belly -- Hadrian looked back over his shoulder to be sure nobody was following or watching him. Satisfied, he walked into the copse and up to the tree Koh had chosen three days previous and looked up into the branches.

"Koh?" he called softly, hoping that by identifying himself, he would prevent the Dhani from dropping on him and eating him for breakfast before recognizing him.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Koh on May 2nd, 2010, 9:54 pm

The days had been long and enjoyable, the sun still shining just through the leaves of the tree. When he woke up, he would bask a bit, and then shortly after, fall back to sleep. Koh was unsure how long had passed so far, knowing only warmth and satisfaction on the days but felt a slight bit hungry again. Upon the third day he woke, watching as something came into view, holding a strong heat in it's body, it looked to be a form of a human.

He was prepared to lunge at it, striking fast, however a voice called out his name, which gave him pause to think. Who would know my name? he thought to himself, unsure if he should follow his stomach or his brain. He peered down, lowering his head into view of the creature who did not seem too frightened. Normally a person would be afraid but this one wasn't. Suddenly the great snake shook it's head, slipping out of the tree and onto the ground, eyeing the person curiously.

He sat there for a minute but then remembered one fellow he had met by the name of Hadrian. He began shifting, taking arms, but keeping his tail, turning to his Dhani form. As his eyes began to clear up a bit, viewing the human before him, he finally realized that it truly was Hadrian. He grabbed his coat off of the branch, slipping it on over his form, a long tail still laying across a portion of the area. With that he smiled towards his friend, "Hello Hadrian."
Koh
Player

Words: 19676
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 1:11 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm

"Hello, Koh," he said, answering smile for smile. "I'd hoped you would be awake by now and I thought I would make sure nobody had come and prodded you with something sharp while you were digesting your meal. You look," he said, eyes straying down to where the skin over his stomach muscles gave way to scales. "Well, less pregnant."

He grinned, recalling the joke previously shared with laughter.

"How are you doing?" he asked finally, hoping to converse, but realizing that despite their strange meeting, he still didn't know the Dhani well.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Koh on May 2nd, 2010, 10:11 pm

Koh simply stayed there for a minute, as though in thought. After a minute he rubbed his head, "Well. I'm alright. Definitely feel lighter. Did the twins make it out okay?" he said with a grin, also recalling the joke and adding to it in a way. However in his mind he was thinking another of his little jokes, 'this baguette would make a good enough meal for today.' At this thought he then shook his head, trying to remember it wasn't good to eat friends.

Slowly he moved over to his companion, tidying up his coat as he did, holding his usual smile. As he came but a few feet from Hadrian, he stopped, giving the human some personal space unlike the time of their first meeting.
Koh
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 2nd, 2010, 10:20 pm

"It would seem they did, though they must have gone to ground. Good luck finding them." His smile faded slightly as he noted what he thought might be a hungry gleam in the man's yellow eyes.

He paused to wonder then, what it meant that he thought of Koh as a man in his mind. Was he just a man who could change shapes or was he truly something different in essence, bearing a man's likeness only at the largess of the goddess Siku?

But Koh didn't move to hurt him, though he assumed that there was little he might do if Koh decided to lunch upon him. He was taking his life in his hands in an attempt to bridge the gap between human and Dhani, Hadrian and Koh. His smile strengthened again.

"I'm going to have to come with a snack for you from now on, aren't I? In the interest of our friendship lasting beyond the next time your stomach twinges in my presence?"
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Koh on May 2nd, 2010, 10:58 pm

Koh began shifting once more, turning into his human state to try and bring comfort to his friend. After the seconds passed he spoke up, waving a hand with a smile, "What gives you that idea?" However it was probably true. Koh was not doing well controlling his urge to eat his friend. He was doing better now that he was in a human form, unable to actually eat Hadrian, but still tempted to give him a good bite or two.

After a minute he turned around, stretching his arms with a yawn, "Anyways, what brings you around here?" he asked turning back a bit trying to keep a calm head.
Koh
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 3rd, 2010, 3:34 am

"Oh, just a look you get every once in a while," he said, brushing it off and trying not to be bothered by Koh's lack of pants. "I just... came to check on you like I said." He nodded as if to underline that point.

"I was reading about your people, though, just... so I wouldn't make any rude or thoughtless mistakes to upset you. Anyway, it should be far too cold here for you to be healthy. Granted, winter is over, but... Have you thought about finding lodgings in the city? At least when autumn comes and it starts getting cold. I could come in and stoke the fire for you to keep your little nest warm."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Koh on May 3rd, 2010, 2:41 pm

Koh walked over to a tree, leaning against it as he shuffled his hair as he thought to himself, Why is he checking up on me? Even more so that he KNEW I was probably going to be hungry. As Hadrian spoke of lodging Koh eyed him, having given some thought to it before. "You're right. I never feel in peak condition now of days, even when winter finally passes. The cold is too much for me but." he gave pause, suddenly seeming to go off into another world in the reaches of his mind as he whispered, "it can't be any other house...it has to be hers..."

Breaking from his trance he shook his head before rubbing the back of it to rub away old memories. "I just. Can't seem to get the house I'm interested in. The seller won't sell to a quote, walking pair of boots, end quote." Koh's face showed a lot of sadness from this, still unable to shake some old feelings. What was more surprising was the fact that someone in town actually had the courage to insult a Dhani in such a manner and still be alive to tell about it.
Koh
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 3rd, 2010, 5:10 pm

Hadrian listened intently, but gave no sign that he had heard what Koh had probably meant as an aside to himself. He had no idea who She was, but it would come out eventually, especially if...

"Why don't I rent it for you by proxy?" he ventured. "I could say I'm going to use it as a laboratory, or that I'm turning my current place into a lab and need a place to live. As long as you supply the nilos, I'll pay for the house."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Koh on May 3rd, 2010, 6:36 pm

Koh searched his pockets a bit and pulled out two bags. He eyed one carefully, trying to remember how much he had, then looked at the second which was smaller, and not quiet nearly as fattened. He paused and then looked towards Hadrian, but then back down at the bags he held. A sigh escaped his lips before finally speaking, "Do you think they would accept traveler coins as a part of the purchase?"

He opened one of the bags and revealed it's content to be a mass of traveling coins, perhaps an attempt to leave this place before ultimately remaining behind. I don't know if I can truly trust him. He could easily run off with it all and leave me out here, but I have to try. I have to have that house at long last. As he thought to himself his face depicted his concerns, but also a hint of excitement before speaking.

"It's a house near the market. It still has a strong foundation. Inside should be a bed, only five foot in length, and a hearth with a picture of a snake etched into the brick on it's right side." His grip tightened around the bags as he mentioned the snake picture. Koh looked back up finally at Hadrian, trying to hold a calm face once more, but this time not from his hunger.
Koh
Player

Character sheet

Next