Feeling the flow, a no go ?(Solo)

Taking a day in the cages xi finally decided he'd like to take a bit of time to feel his flux actuly just surge about his body and try to get a better grasp of it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on June 4th, 2012, 1:46 am

88th spring. 512AV

Cold, not cold but chilly. Sending bolts of cold through Xi's chest and body he sat quietly in the centre of his cell. Legs folded and arm held in his lap. His other suspended in it's bandage, he needed to loose himself or rather to be more precise hold himself in the real world whilst letting his mind feel every piece of his body. Taking long slow soft breaths he sat silently. The world around him fading, the birds chirping, the squirrels talking to each other even the sound of the occasional jamoura grunt fading from his mind. He was focusing solely upon his body. Xi's mind slowed until he had a picture of his body in his head. His from laid out in-front of him. He took slow deep breaths sending pulses of current through his body. Feeling his breaths he made his mental image follow suit. Slowing breathing, then he tried it, a slow steady current of djed around his right arm only small amounts, just enough to feel it, not cause any actual effect to take place. He could feel the buzzing of power like an in flux of sensation. Slow contained motions of energy.

Deep breaths, slow controlled pulses. Xi could feel the flux moving about his body and tried to draw the pathway in his mind, a curved spiral of energy circulating around and down his arm, looping and doubling back in and over itself like a weave of may patterns within his arm. The simple patterns of folding and re-spiralling energies inter weaving into an intricate design within his arm. Such a small low pulse of djed he sent through his arm so he could feel every single piece of the road it travelled within him. The Keeping the low dejed flow up was turning out to be a pain as he had ti constantly regulate the flow, so as to keep the amount of what he could feel highlighted, within his mental image. Until he felt the sure reach his finger tips slowly, and then he halted the flow, the pattern complete. Pulling his mind back into focus he simply held the pattern in his mind looking at the intricacy of the pattern he'd drawn, and almost as if to test the pattern out he focused hard on a single spot and began to feel the djed buzzing there after a while. but not just that one spot, the whole of the muscle it was held in. He could feel the buzz of power, the slow hum of raw energy held in his arm with no where to go but out in a forceful manner, slowly bringing it back down he held it within himself, keeping all of his energy within. This was going to be a long slow self-taught lesson. Soooo hows the feeling out your body going? With that one outburst from Liro, Xi felt his whole pattern shatter and he would have to start anew. Now slightly annoyed he took a slaow breath and started again.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on June 4th, 2012, 2:24 am

Xi was pulled from his quiet meditation to his mental world, the burning pulsing whislt the calm green claimed the other side the sky, deep azure, liro looked out from the fragment of his corner of the mirror. but something was off, the burns on his chest pulsed with pain as he tried to feel them. He ran his hand slowly over the melted and reformed skin. The new nerve endings roaring with pain at any touch harder than a light brushing. though as Xi lifted his arm his shattered pattern was held on his arm. embossed glowing from beneath his skin in his minds image. The pattern shone a dull sea green , stretching from his finger tips to his shoulder. Shining brightly, but this was not the same for Liro, Liro kept his normal bestial appearance. The razor teeth grinning a sharp sneer, the claws held out strongly with a press on the crystalline structure in-front of him, malleable as plasticine. Liro sneered a smile of cunning malice whilst Xi retained his stoic pose, though there was an air of rage embossed about him. Xi could feel the glowing pulse of his arm shining, and began to wonder. Slowly he focused his mind on his chest, and the pattern crept out sprawling over his chest with even more intricacy and complexity than his arm. Xi could feel his energy, or as Shroud/Wrenmae called it, djed pulsing over him. Like a dull low hum of electricity, but the energy had no where to go so it just held itself in the path ways. Just letting out it's low hum and in Xi's mind it's light.

Striding over towards liro for his usual conversation when he entered his own head. Xi stared liro eye to eye as the complex weave of light green threads expanded over his chest slowly. Liros simple grinned his usual malicious smile, those deep molten gold eyes searing into Xi's own black blue pools. untill finally the tension broke. Why did you call me here?
Just wondering how your coping with discovering your djed. It's in everything so i suppose you had to find out eventually. But your trying to harness it? Colour me impressed. Must you always be so sarcastic when having a conversation with me? And if you knew about this why didnt you tell me sooner? Liro simply let his sneering grin widen, he was about to burst into laugher when Xi's hand burst through the crystal barriar and gripped liro by the throat. IF YOU'D OF TOLD ME. I WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PETCHING CURSE. XI let his anger bubble over the rage on his stoic face not normal his anger boiling setting the world around him in his mind alight with black flames. The cutting force of his own anger shredding Liros skin. Still liro just smiled. What point would there be to telling someone whose too trusting of others? Now you know that betrayal is a normal phenomenon, i can begin to let you in on what i know. Xi's grip only tightened. He didn't care for Liro at all. He wanted to kill him there and then, to remove him from his person. But that would have been a form of suicide. Slowly Xi laxed his grip and let Liro go. Just let me learn this on my own. I already have a fel for how this works. I'm learning how it moves. Now i know that this energy actually has a name and a physical form, i can branch out and not just use one style of magic. Liro smiled savagely, but looked at xi with eyes of impassiveness. Your learning? Fine i wont bother you any further whilst you explore your power but, i will keep watch. I need to know how to use this when i get control. After all, your not able to fight that curse, but it wasn't set on me, so it doesn't effect me.
Last edited by Ximal on June 8th, 2012, 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 5th, 2012, 10:29 pm

The volatile blackness of rage dimmed around him the pulsing fury of the jet black land scape around him came back into lightly, the dull green glow of his djed networks pulsing over him. The simplistic landscape around him becoming infinitely more complex as he let his mind quell, the twisted avenues of his body becoming more complex. The criss-crossed transcendental scope of his body's djed pathways growing. He was seeing just how tightly that the pathways were knitted together. The thick pathways refining out the glow dimming as he lowered the amount of djed he pulsed through them. The humming buzz of power lowering the glow dimming and becoming more faint. Every step he took to try and understand his power. The flux within him, it's like he took one step towards the answer and then back two steps. He was learning this the hard way. He'd been using it for so long without understanding it's true power. Simply bolstering his energy into his muscles to make himself stronger. Using it to simply accentuate is existing skill. When this was a skill all of it's own requiring complete focus to use effectively. The simplest motion he could think of he could accentuate with this, but he wasn't skilled enough in the very fundamental basics of this power.

Using this blindly for so long. He was simply startled at how well he'd used it. Even if occasionally he did pump a bit too much across or not enough to get the desired effect. Still, with the force of what it could do to this date he was amazed that he hadn't dose serious harm to himself yet. He ten remembered his torn muscle. He'd done that practising on his own. What if that had happened in a fight or a situation where his life had been on the line? He needed more training. He needed more refinement. He needed to find some one who could teach him. Until then he had always relied on his intuition. His own gut feeling, now he needed to try to train his power. Feeling the flow, just letting it move, feeling the energy move around himself the slow buzzing hum of movement. As he let the djed move further and further around his body he just let the flow move around him. Coating his left arm and starting up his face. The complexity of the pattern he was feeling within him pained upon him mentally he could see every single flash of the pathways around him. But every time he tried to pool his energy into a single spot every muscle in that area felt embossed and full of his energy instead of just that muscle. Grinding his teeth together he pulled himself out of his meditative state. His frustration making it difficult for him to concentrate. Flexing the fingers of his left arm, he took a deep breath that erupted into a wide yawn. Even brinign his energy to the surface and not expelling it was taxing. Staying in the seated position, taking deep slow breaths. Step one, control breathing. Step two, focus on task at hand. Step three, formulate plan. Step four, implement plan.
Would now be a good time to alert you that the other fragments within you would like a word? Your 'memory palace' has needs to speak to it's king.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on June 7th, 2012, 2:58 am

The what ? Xi was a little perplexed at what liro meant. A 'memory palace'? Good gods, a memory palace is a place where you can hav each piece of your mind hold lots of information, Because your mind is so shattered you can hold huge amounts of information within each fragment, and each fragment can hold only a set amount of information. Still this memory palace of yours is under construction, so it wont be as useful as it could be. However the more you use it, the more your mind will adjust and you'll be able to hold more information. Also not all of the pieces of your fragmented head have been unlocked to you yet, meaning that your fractured noggin still has room for more information. Was liro actually helping Xi? Or simply helping put the information thinly so he could absorb it all. Although why would he need to absorb it though the others when he could see and hear everything Xi could? Following Liros advice he began to speak to each of the fragments within his mind, each one reluctant to start this idea, however each fragment spoke very vividly about why they wouldn't do it before being coerced around to accepting his proposal. Xi set about divvying up his information between the fragments so he could focus solely on the flow his djed took around his body.

Slowly breathing in and out. Taking the time to...Now his mind was forced back to reality by the sound of a big petching gorilla breathing in front of him. As Xi opened his eyes he saw the guards face inches from his.

"Thought you were dead. Your normally working your rear off at this time of day. Anyway food." As the jamoura walked out of the cage closing it behind him Xi noticed the bowl of mixed fruits. Growling inwardly Xi lifted the bowl and began to eat. Running his mind over the things he had learned today. Chief amongst them, the pattern of his own djed flow. It was a basic understanding of his own currents of power, but a basis could be improved upon and refined. Still it unsettled Xi how little he knew about himself. It was like he was a stranger within his own body in his own mind even. Though if he wanted to become stronger he would need to understand himself. Even if that meant uniting slightly with his deranged self. He was working with the evil he knew to destroy the even he didn't. His driving force now was the utter destruction of wrenmae. Closing his eyes again and setting the bowl down, he slipped back into his mind, ready to try and get a better feel of his own body's power. If he had opened one magic route subconsciously, then did that mean he had the capability to open and follow more avenues? If so how far could Xi travel down this path of unknowing and how much could he learn? Pondering this Xi set back to work just learning about the basics he had skipped.

OOCI know that this post and this thread is rubbish ;/ but I've got to do a few like it in order to get Xi's understanding of his powers and mind up.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cinna on July 30th, 2012, 9:59 pm

And the forest reveals....

Magic can unlock all kinds of things, whether for good or ill for Ximal....well I suppose we shall have to see won't we? :)

Ximal :
Skills:
Observation +2
Meditation +3
Flux +3

Lores:
Following the Djed Stream
Controlling the Fight Within One's Self
Learning the Thrue Extent of Your Own Magic

If you have any questions or concerns about my grading please don't hesitate to PM me :)
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)