[Wright Memorial Library] Conjured Familiarity (Evalin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Miro on July 31st, 2012, 2:55 am

NoteBold=Talking
Italics=Thinking
Bold+Italics=Miro to Ender Telepathy
Bold+Italics+Aqua=Ender to Miro Telepathy

74th day of Summer, 512 AV

"I am telling you Ender, you don't know anything. Quit telling me how useless I am! I swear, you only speak when it is to anger me. I try, and I try, and all I can accomplish is talking to myself. What do you even do? How can YOU think yourself so high and mighty?" "One of these days! One of these days, I'm gonna tap Morwen's shoulder! Splat, puddle on the floor!"

Miro was too busy glaring at the crystal bracelet on his wrist to see the door in front of him, causing a rather embarrassing collision with the door of the Wright Memorial Library door. "Hah. On Fyrden, your type lived on the shameful side of the world. Such creatures could not even tread on the harsher side, for they were too simple, too weak, just as you are. You are only lucky I assist you, for a fool of your calibre requires constant attention. Alas, I can not keep up with your stupidity. Without doubt, your careless actions will be the end of me, and by extension, you, Miro the Zero!"

Ender's comments did not amuse Miro in the least. In fact, he had stopped outside the door, losing sight of his surroundings. Miro's blood was boiling, and Ender was going to know it. "Oh, so now you laugh? And I am weak? I am simple? YOU are the lucky one! It is me that took you in, it is me that keeps us safe, and it is me that..." "Is yelling for all to hear."

Around them was a small crowd, three or four people, only Ender knew for sure. They were either waiting to enter or came to watch the show. Such a scene did not make Miro look good. Actually, not good was hardly accurate. Crazy was more suitable, especially considering the snickering and stares that burned embarrassment into his skin.

Negative attention brought blushing, making Miro hot. Cold sweat built on his brow, among many other places, making him even more uncomfortable. Was the phrase "frozen in place" still accurate when one felt as if they were on fire? Being hot was not only uncomfortable for Miro, but also for Ender, who could remain sealed on his arm no longer.

Ender took shape, forming into his natural form, a ball of ice the size of a fist. The icy bracelet that once secured the gem to the boy's arm fell to the floor shattering. "Miro, hide your shame. You are making us look weak." And while Miro made them look weak, Ender made them look unique.

All of the snickering students except for one had passed by, who approached Ender. Miro regained his composure, pushing his hair back out of his face. He let out a long sigh, dropping his tense shoulders. His gaze turned towards a female student, one older than Miro, yet carrying an innocent charm about her. A flicker of a memory sprouted in the boy's mind, but was dispelled as quickly as it came.

The young woman reached a hand out to touch the floating creature, who cautiously evaded contact. "Don't mind him. He can be more trouble than he is worth." The woman looked back at Miro, not saying anything, only carrying a curious look on her face. Smiling back at her, Miro snatched the orb from the air, which then returned to its sealed form. "Sorry to bother you, miss, but I have to go."

With that Miro placed the gem on his wrist, pulling res from his hand and forming a band. When the shape was completely smooth and of the right proportions, he transmuted it to ice, once again securing Ender. "Sorry Ender, I don't mean to get so heated. If you can't believe in my abilities now, then I guess I will have to work harder then. One day you will be as willing to risk your lie for me as I am to risk mine for you."

To this there was no response, but it relieved Miro greatly. He did not want to sour his relationship with Ender, even if he believed Ender had been the cause of the problems. It was not easy for him to bite his tongue, but few things worth achieving were easy. Magic took discipline, this was no exception. For now he would let Ender be, to go on with what he originally had planned for the day, a trip to the library.

Miro flung open the door and immediately out of habit began to take deep breaths upon entering. Though there was no water, and Miro grew no gills, the transition into the library still was off-putting. After inside however, his mind went blank, always so stunned by the beauty of the location. There were few things as breathtaking as a million tomes of mysterious lore. One of those things just happened to be laughter.

Across the room, a sight even more impressive than the colony of books took hold in his gaze. It was that of a young girl. A very young girl, who could not be older than seven years old. She was posted up at a table, attempting to read a book as big as her in size. If Miro had not caught sight of her from the side, she would have disappeared, shielded by the book from sight. Under her bottom were books stacked so that she could reach the table top, setting Miro off in a storm of giggles.

Just as he had been laughed at, he was now laughing himself, directing it at a child no less. It was true, Miro was unrefined, but he did his best to hide it. He clasped his hand over his mouth, unsure who let the child abuse the books in such a way, who had let their child run free. Perhaps it was that she was lost, and perhaps there was something to be gained by helping a poor lost child. And she did indeed look poor, wearing shabby clothes twice her size.

Miro casually began to approach her, going out of his way to not be seen. He walked around to the side, finally able to see the book from its backside. At first he doubted his eyes, unable to believe he was reading the title correctly. Approaching the table, there was no doubt, the girl was not reading a book at all, merely hiding from somebody. The act was convincing however, holding the book upright, but there were obvious flaws that gave her away. She turned the pages much too quickly, and the title of the book read, "The practical theory of leeching, and its method of restraining and absorbing the djed of the subject".

A smile graced the intrigued boy's face. He could not help but to wonder, what circumstances could possibly bring forth such a comedic situation. Truly Ionu had slipped away from his home in Alvadas to toy with Miro further. Surely though, Fate had a hand in this encounter. There was a good feeling in the air, Miro would act out of kindness, then he would find the reward.

Now preparing for his introduction, he stood up straight, adjusting his clothes to fit properly and cleared his mind, hoping still to be out of sight. He focused on the tone of the voice he would use, kind, clear, inviting, and focused on one last thing, hypnotism.

Miro wanted his words to give a presence, though if only to reduce any impact he would have on her. His mind wrapped around a concept of neutrality, dullness, sweet still calmness. The urge to make it happen started to bubble in his heart, choking Miro as it moved up his throat. How anxious it made him, the desire to cast his will on the impressionable young thing, the urge to warp a pure untainted mind.

With a deep breath out, he calmed his anxiety, reassuring his mind of the goal he wanted to achieve, a simple first impression of leaving no impression at all. Just as Morwen's breath gave life to Miro, Miro's words gave life to a spell. "Hello little girl. Do you need any help? You seem a bit out of place here, don't you think?"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 3:49 am

The girl sat upon 2 thick tombs, just enough so that she could rest her elbows upon the table, The book was far larger than I expected... And to put my mood fowler the foolish watcher of tomes thought to sway me against my choice! My how the youth pester me when I wear the face of a child...

Evalin paused to rub her eyes, sighing to herself, "Never again should I take a body as this. It has been naught but a burden."

The burden of childhood is perhaps far heavier than it is for a child herself?

Evalin nodded, looking at the book before her, Indeed it be so Tsenrika, indeed so.

The book she had chosen from the masses was one on a subject that had interested her for many a decade. Leaching... This art which turned the power of others into ones own power. Truly this was an art form worthy of Eva's notice. So her eyes moved at astounding speeds, reading line after line far faster than a child could accomplish. Absently the girl noticed a disturbance at the entrance of the library, but she paid it no heed.

Must this place be so noisy? I remember it being far quieter some 150 years ago.

The disturbance grows with every passing second My Lady...

Evalin blinked, touching her necklace, What mean you by this?

However, there was little time for questions for, at that moment, a voice smooth as ice graced upon those undead ears. At first the girl wished to frown and whisper back harsh words at being called a 'little girl', but a peculiar calmness descended upon her, and with a slight mental shrug she dismissed the insult as being unintentional, How could I blame those who call me what I am? Surely this existence is the most dreadful I have ever experienced...

Casting a glance over the top of her book, those cold unfeeling eyes took in the figure who wished to disturb her studies. He was not bad looking, and his eyes held intelligence and power. Shrugging her small shoulders the girl turned back to her readings, flipping to the next page before speaking, "Help? By what strange twist of the mind have you come upon such a notion? Here I sit among a vast resource of knowledge and power. In my hands I hold the source of my latest curiosity, and now within my reach is the chance to achieve all that I have ever wished!" She looked back at Miro, raising one eyebrow, "I feel this is my place of being, where I truly belong. Though perhaps it is you who is in need of assistance? Be it so?"
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on August 1st, 2012, 8:00 am

Was it shock, confusion, perhaps some form of doubt. The voice coming from the girl was fitting enough, but the tone, the words, they inflicted Miro's mind with doubt. He began to stammer, unsure what to say. He could not believe it, but the evidence was there. She needed nothing of Miro, she was the one in her element.

Miro came to the library today seeking something, though nothing in particular. In the largest collection of written resources in the world, he knew Lhex had left him a gift, something for him to take. He came in this library with the intention of stealing. Just browsing for the time being, knowing that passion would take him when the moment was right. But perhaps he was here for another reason.

It would have to be this girl, this mystery coming unraveled. While preparing to sit down, his attention was drawn to an accessory the girl was wearing. As Miro focused more, he sensed something surprising, that it was cold. Just as Ender filled the air with poetic chimes, so did her necklace. It was quite obviously made of ice, and as Miro could see she did not have Morwen's touch. Surely it meant she had an Ender of her own. Perhaps Ender could shed some light, even it was not his will to do so.

Manipulation was a tool that carried risk, especially on such things as a lifelong bond. Just as push turns to shove, requests turn to demands, in the presence of hostility. This was the delicate balance, enforcing your will, yet allowing them to mistake it for their own. This would tread in the territory on hypnotism, proving to be a problem.

Miro had set in place a taboo, being completely against forcing their relationship to mature in an artificial way. When bonding to his partner, a deal was made, neither one would take the role of master. Everything in Miro's life had changed so much since then. Possessions, places, names and faces, so much change. The only consistency in his life being Ender, who was a constant thorn in his side. The choice was there, but path would he take?

The boy broke his hesitation, worrying he had been idle for too long, making him feel awkward. He took a seat, placing his hands together in front of his face and began looking the book over to distract his uneasy mind. "Perhaps I was mistaken. I can see you truly are where you are supposed to be. I mean, people of your sort absolutely do belong here. It's rare, you know, but very impressive. I don't think I've ever seen one like you in person."

Miro leaned in closer, hoping not to draw any more attention than necessary. He kept his voice low, in a clear tone began to ask the question that had been begging to leave his mouth. "Does it ever bother you? I mean, it must draw quite a lot of attention your way. I can really relate, you know, being different. We are a lot alike, you and me, but I feel that you are even more gifted than myself. So, tell me, what is it like? You know, being a child genius."

With the girl prompted to reply, Miro now focused on how he would ask Ender about other familiars and to identify hers. She was clearly not normal, making it was entirely possible she was dangerous. Familiary was a personal magic, as far as Miro could tell at least. Smart, confident, she made Miro think back to when he was a kid, they were quite similar in fact. Though there was something more, a great deal of apparent maturity, how dangerous.

Miro focused on the touch linking Ender and himself. Their connection was ideal, allowing him to combine the hypnotism and telepathy. It was for Ender's own good. Miro would be helping him. The more he worked with Miro, the better their existence would be, making it the clear correct choice. It was all prepared in his mind, already planning on how to show Ender the necklace. He needed Ender to work with him, not against.

It was a simple operation, just how Miro wanted it. The want began to get the better of him, finally he would have Ender where he wanted. The time of arguing was over. Now they were a team, one way or another. Miro began to flow his djed into the icy gem, a perfect connection formed. He would start by focusing on an emotion to instill. The choice being confidence, a great way to inspire coercion, when complimented correctly.

His goal was set, the link established, the will, yes, the will to make it happen was definitely there. Miro began to force the emotion into existence as he made his proposal. For this request he spoke in an especially serious tone. "Ender, I believe I see another of your kind, on this girl. Tell me, does that mean anything to you? She is not the same as others, I suspect a wizard, or something similarly unsettling."

Miro's mind began to slip finishing the influence. A feeling of vertigo came over him, causing him to stray his interest from the girl. He surely would seem strange, or to be struggling to focus, but that was bound to happen when attempting to force a situation. He had one more scripted act to perform, then he would be satisfied to watch events play out as they would.

"Eyaaaww, I am sorry, little lady. If I seem a bit off today. It is because of my long nights studying, they are slowly getting the better of me." Miro lifted his arm up, facing Ender towards the girl, giving him a chance to see her necklace. Ender took a moment, but gave an answer back to Miro, finally showing signs of respect. "It is as you say, I am almost sure. Though there is something off about this human. Most of what you call familiars seek a better life on this world. Many seek to serve humans, while others seek to enslave them. Though there are risks. I would never bind to a young girl. Only the most pathetic and desperate would do so, a lightfacer perhaps. An irylid however, I doubt so. It could be as you suspect and she is atypical. Do show some caution."

It was this type of person Miro had the most interest in. The local mages had proven quite boring, having more in common with students of martial arts. Rather than assuming the role of a true mage like Miro. they wasted their time doing nothing but studying. Zeltiva's famed university was not all Miro had imagined it to be. He expected a place filled with only powerful wizards and strange magic.

Instead he found classrooms teaching theory and proper use, focusing on discipline and safety above all other things. There was little mystery, taking away the necessary thrill. In Miro's experience, magic was something applied to everyday life. It was less a tool, more a way of life. It had no age restrictions, the only limit was the individual.

The more he learned about magic, the more of his soul became uncovered. Every time he traded a part of his soul, he gained a new part of his mind. He had found that the exchange was not always pleasant, sometimes yielding great loss, but that only allowed more growth. Deep down he hoped that there were others around who felt the same, who sought the same growth. He craved those well versed in the ways of djed dearly, but there was something even greater than that. One thing Miro could never deny, never turn away from. Pure, raw potential.

He sensed just that in this girl. It was decided, this girl would be a focus of Miro's. That potential held the infinite possibility of warping in countless directions. A would be friend could just as easily become a foe under the correct circumstances. Perhaps the girl could be used for Miro's ends. Perhaps he would shelter and tutor her the way Kinneas had with him. It was exciting, those possibilities that made life worth exploring. A new journey would unfold before them. Miro would not be satisfied until he had changed her life in some major way.

"I have decided, you are right, I do need help. I am hopelessly following Lhex's path, predetermined so many years ago. Feeling so insignificant, so alone, I seek companionship from a worthy mind. But alas, so few are to be found. Even in this city of scholars, I am surrounded by nothing but fools. How does one like yourself deal with such a thing? Surely you see the worst of it, being so much more than average. The simple life bores me greatly. I have but one favor, though great it is."

Miro paused, pulling upon all of many seconds of his acting skills. He feigned being choked up, an over the top performance that would pull the heartstrings of even the most cold hearted of toddlers. "I am done learning through the university, all it teaches is patience, and of that I have run out. I seek a practical application to magic, and an heir to my knowledge. I propose an offer to you. I have skills that crave use, and you have a mind craving knowledge. The vast resource of knowledge and power, the ability to achieve all you have ever wished. I can give it to you." The boy looked around the room, making sure none could see what he was about to do.

A final act to finish the performance was nearing its end. Miro took a deep breath in, putting his djed in a frenzy. He focused intensely, pushing energy towards the surface from all over his body. In his mind's eye the djed was already measured out, starting to feel severed before it even left his body. With a forceful exhale, Miro also forced a puff of res from every pore in his body, emitting it as a thin gas. Like a puff of smoke, it was ejected from his body and rose upwards, turning to liquid as it pooled in front of his face.

Sudden drops in djed were always a treat. Miro was panting, struggling to hold his link to the res and his conscious mind. His vision became a blur for a moment, but quickly returned to normal. In the future, he would make sure to practice less flashy techniques, or at least prepare more beforehand. After a few moments of shaping his will, the demonstration was fully prepared. He began to form the res with his mind, moving it to flow away from him and elongate.

As it moved, it began to take a serpentine shape. He gave it a designed head, having a snout and horns. Trailing from the base of the head was a body, looking simply like a tail, trailing out and coming to a tip. Its was no larger than a half foot in diameter, stretching only a few feet in length. What would truly impress the girl was yet to come, laying in Miro's ability to control the elements.

First, he ignited the exterior layer of res, causing it to burst into flames. The creature was manipulated to do loop several loops, sending out small flares that dissipated instantly. Then he forced it to maneuver in circles, trying to catch its tail. He transmuted the contents of its would-be stomach, forming a pool of water. With his last waning bit of control he forced it down, splashing water across the table. Miro clasped his hands together under the table, keeping absolute focus. Using elements in tandem was new, but Miro had little trouble compensating.

By now it had lost much of its size, being thinner and shorter. He still had more material to work with, but he would have to make it quick. Both the flames and the water ceased. In their place a new element would surface. The serpent began weave up and down, slithering in random directions above the table. Miro began transmuting small round pebbles that dropped from their host and bounced against the table, scattering across the floor. The trick had ran its course, and was nearing its end. Only one element to go, the finale.

Miro called the now shriveled beast towards the center where it coiled and began to spiral into itself. As the mass swirled, it began to lose shape, taking the form of a quivering ball. Miro made one last push of will, transmuting the remaining res into a gust of air that would expand outwards. The results were quite amusing, blowing Miro's hair back for a moment, followed by a dull stillness. The boy let out a slight giggle, showing great pride on his face. He lifted a stone that had rolled his way, looking it over for a moment, then looking at the girl once again. "So, are you Interested?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on August 8th, 2012, 6:59 am

Behind the book Evalin smiled, listening to the words that the boy spoke. A child genius was she? My how amusing, how unexpected and certainly interesting...

Many things I have been called yet a child genius is certainly new. I wonder, is this an insult or praise to me as I am now? She wondered this for a moment, flipping a page and letting her eyes roam it as Miro continued speaking, Perhaps it is neither, for I am neither a child nor truly a genius. Though perhaps it takes not a genius mind to turn the world to a new way of existence.

The girl visibly winced when the name of Lhex was mentioned, her scarlet eyes looking up to catch the eyes of the boy. There flickered within those depths a deep and utter loathing that a child could never produce, but perhaps this went unnoticed, He speaks so freely of 'destiny' and 'fate'... What a foolish child who knows not the cruelties of this being who he allows to guide his life. Closing her eyes for a moment Evalin sighed, returning her to her book as she allowed him to continue once more.

He speaks of companionship? Then why must he bother me with his idle prater? Why not visit the other good people of this place who wish to study in peace as well?

A presence stirred and touched her mind,
Perhaps he sees in you one who is similar...

At this Evalin chuckled, not bothering to see if the boy would notice. Touching her necklace idly with one finger she looked over Miro, He and I? Similar? Surely you both have fallen to maddens if you accept such wild fantasies as this.

Evalin paused in her readings as the boy mentioned an heir, and she could almost not hold back to sneer that threatened to spread upon her lips, An heir that is far older and shall live far longer than you? What foolishness. It is as if he does not think before speaking-- Though at that moment her eyes were captured by the display before her. Her eyes narrowed as she watched, shimmering red points flicking between points upon the boy's body as he gathered and worked his power. Her eyes widened as the serpent formed, and from it fell the other elements. Raising the book to avoid the water upon the table she gently closed it, setting it aside and folding her hands.

For the first time all of the girl was visible to Miro. She sat upon the books with her legs crossed under the table. Her hands folded neatly in her lap, reminiscent of one who had learned the cordial graces of the world. Her hair fell down in black locks that brushed against deathly pale cheeks and lips. From her eyes a faint scarlet light shimmered under a brow weighed down with more experiences than a child should ever have known. She took almost a full chime to simply observe the man before, but finally she did speak for the first time in this entire encounter, "You offer your knowledge and power so freely. Do you not think of the cost? Ponder you not the prospect that I shall take what I want from you and then do away with that which is then useless to me?" She smiled, a ghoulish grin that seemed far more menacing upon the face of a child, but then perhaps it was the divine power that echoed from her that might cause that chill, that slight unease to press against the boy's mind, "I ask you this, what is it you wish from me?"
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on August 14th, 2012, 5:06 am

Miro sat with a confident look on his face. This girl had presence, much like another he had met in this city. Her every word hissed as it slithered through the air, but what was most unsettling were her pale features and the dark circles under her eyes. Black hair hung down all around her, nearly as long as she was tall. She looked as worn out, hardly resembling a child. Yes, there was something more here to be expected, her appearance shrouded her in mystery.

"I talk freely, simply because I am not afraid. One must not focus too much on costs in a situation like this. Rather, look at the potential gain. What I offer, you will not find elsewhere. Perhaps it is that I am looking for a challenge. When I give anything, to see it turned against me is unforgivable. That kind of betrayal leads to a painful death." Miro began to emit res from his hand, leaking down streams of liquid that poured until they struck the table. While moving his hand away, he transmuted the small spires to ice.

"I rather like your charm around your neck. I happen to have a gnosis, a mark from Morwen. Interesting, how that charm is made of ice." Miro tapped his mark of Ice Reaving, causing the transmuted ice to melt. "Melting ice is as simple as thinking it. I think you know what I want. You are as out of place as I am. The dedication you have, how your essence is put into your words. It is not something you see everyday, and it is exactly what it takes to learn what I have to offer." The boy looked away for a moment, remaining silent.

It was a bit strange, to walk in and operate in such a manner. He realized others may find it odd. Fate always guided him, he did not deny the path before him. For Miro, it was more fun to walk blindly into situations that created interesting happenings. He would make the best out of it. For better or worse, there was always a rush in playing along. "I have my own reasons. It is fun for me, really. So few people have been able to compare to me. Perhaps you are different, though likely you are not. Either way, to test others to walk on par with me is amusing. Play my game, you might just learn a thing or two."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Not afraid he says. Evalin mused as she fingered her necklace absently, Perhaps that will be a mistake?

She watched as the man summoned his power once more, creating ice and so easily melting it with his power. Evalin gave a small smile in return to his sudden flattery.

At the very least he is polite, though a bit too free with his power.

Tsenrika stirred once more, speaking from the necklace to her mind, Perhaps... but one who claims such power may be more danger than an asset...

Evalin looked down at the gem of ice she now held in her palm, running a finger along its surface, Be you worried not for I am not one to be caught unawares. Still, the man's words and actions drew Evalin to him. It was not often that she was greeted and spoken to as such, and certainly she was glad to be treated as the proud being she was, and not some simple minded child.

Shifting her legs so that they were crossed the other way, Evalin rested her hands in her lap before speaking, "Bold words for one so young as you. A challenge you seek? My dear boy what you ask for can be found in many place, not simply in the hands of a girl you meet in the halls of books within the library." Examining a nail Evalin proceeded to speek in a nonchalant tone, "It matters little to me what your opinions are, but... If you wish to offer your knowledge to me I shall accept it." Her red eyes came up to meet Miro's, "Let us play then." She extended one, small hand with a soft smile on her lips, prompting him to take it.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on October 16th, 2012, 5:40 am

To say that they were going to play a game was not wrong. Usually in the case of a game, there was some fun, and usually the cost of losing was not a life, however this was a different case. It was a game for Miro alone. The girl would play too, but not as a player, as one being played. Rules were confusing, being chosen at will, but the risks we re set in stone. This was a competition of life. Each had something different to gain, yet they would succeed or fail together.

Miro had already taken the first move, setting the stage for all the risk to come. His life in Zeltiva depended on how things went from here out. He had done the greatest favor for this girl, yet she failed to realize any of it. Showing reimancy freely was enough to scare most people, giving a certain person leverage. This given was the first test, for using it would cause an unfortunate and swift end.

There were ways out, but finding a way out meant a loss, something that Miro didn't want happening. If it came down to taking a loss, taking a life was simplest. Yes, it was true, the young wizard had a lot to give. Magic, knowledge, time and effort, these things could be given out, yet were much harder to take. It was not impossible, no, nothing ever was. He had a lot to give, but all the more to take in retaliation.

The girl spoke of taking what she wanted and leaving, as if it was that simple. To claim the wizard was careless, for it was wise to chastise such people freely. As their time together progressed, two things became apparent. The first was that the girl was lost, an easy target. The second was slowly dawning, warping his first realization completely. The girl was lost, but only as lost as an illusion could get.

She was young, daring, calculative and ever so forward. A mage, surely, but would he know anything for sure? Something did not add up. An enigma in essence, making her an illusion. For the time being, everything would be doubted, his guard raised, for nothing was out of the question. For now things would remain simple. She had agreed to the game, so play they would.

Miro rose from his seat to stand tall before the girl. His face and eyes held a calm and quiet tone as he brushed any dirt from his sleeves and pants. He took a moment to adjust his shirt, his eyes still staring across the table. It was time to start. At least she should know his name. The kid began to speak graciously, offering his hand.

"Well Miss, I am sorry to have been rude. I can't help but to blame scenery, prying eyes and the like. I would enjoy finding a more private spot to continue talking, if you wouldn't mind. Trust me, there is a lot more to be said." A smile quickly followed the trail of words. A creepy feeling tread along Miro's skin. The shiver of fear was quickly shrugged off, yet still, his mind would not rest while his back was turned to the girl.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fractale on May 26th, 2014, 3:41 am

Miro :
Skills
Observation +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Acting +2 XP
Rhetoric +3 XP

Lores
Ender Finds You Weak
Ender Won't Bind Young Girls
Evalin: A Mystery Child
Zeltivan University A Let Down
University: Teaches Discipline and Theory
Life: A Game With Ever Changing Rules
Reimancy: Flashy Techniques Are Draining

Evalin :
Skills
Observation +1 XP

Lores
Having A Child's Body Is Disadvantageous
Easier To Be A Child In Childhood
Leeching: Another Source of Djed
A Man With The Mark Of Morwen

If there are any questions or concerns send a PM my way and we'll do what we can to work it out. :)

Modded Threads: 0/3

The avatar is a mixture of both the MC from the anime Fractale and a fractal as a background for those interested.
Fractale
Retired Staff

Words: 7968
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2014, 10:36 pm
Race: Staff account