(Petal of the Timid Cougar) A home for a Jaguar/Cinna Please

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Conar on July 20th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Conar had not been raised in a home, thus he was very unfamiliar with the concept of knocking on doors. He found himself inside Sharai's home and saw that he had interrupted her. It was clear that he had gotten off to a bad start so far, something he must rectify. He watched as Sharai looked him up and down and went back to her papers, this was clearly a bad sign. After she finished speaking Conar decided that he should try to get on her good side saying, "Sorry, I am very sorry for disturbing your work. I know your time is very valuable, but I assure you I tend to be a rather quick learner." He was trying to play to her ego as well as stroke his own pride. "I have coin but the less I spend the better I figure. It also seems to me that an extra set of hands, though inexperienced, make the work go faster." Conar hoped that his words had worked in his favor, he waited in anticipation.

Conar thought he was going to be outright refused when he saw Sharai turn and walk away, but then she returned with a small block. His curiosity was struck, he watched intently as she set it on the table and disassembled the puzzle block. Conar was already putting his mind to work on the puzzle, he knew that if he could remember the order it was taken apart then if he reversed that order it would be easier. He listened to Sharai speak then began trying to piece the puzzle back together. With the first pieces in hand Conar used his feline dexterity and grace trying to keep the order of the pieces right. A short time later he was convinced he had goten it put back together right, he set the block down on the table saying, "Well what do you think?
Conar
Player

Words: 4329
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cinna on July 22nd, 2012, 1:04 am

Sharai watched with interest as the young human in front of her studied the pieces of the puzzle intently before he started to put them back together, a block soon forming in front of her eyes. His quickness surprised even her, because not long after she had taken apart the block in front of him, a perfect cube was sitting on her desk once again. A rare smile appeared on her face, picking up the block carefully and inspecting if before setting it back down on the desk, looking back down at the boy in front of her. "Well boy....you have made it worth my time, well done,"she said with a chuckle, turning and gathering up her supplies before she gently guided him out of her door.

"I am going to take you to an ideal spot that I believe you will like, and on the way I will explain to you how these homes work,"she said, passing a few or her workers as she made her way to one of the public gardens, the boy behind her. "Each one of the homes that are built here on the petal are much like that puzzle box, the pieces interlocking intricately and aesthetically to create a unique structure. The pieces are then sealed together with a special glue that is made here, which you must be careful not to get on, you will be petched if you do." After a few moments she stopped at the place she had wished to take him, a cleared area next to the public garden and some excellent spots to climb. The basic flooring was already laid down, the rest of the wood lying ready and waiting for her and the young boy to put together.

She then put down her supplies and turned to face him, hoping that he was a hard worker. "Building a home is much like any piece of art that you create, a bit of your soul is put into it because you are creating something inspiring to you. This is what I strive to do for people. You can build this home in a number of ways, all the pieces will lock with each other, but I want you to build it in the way that it will reflect who you are, so study them carefully before we began,"she said, stepping aside to let him inspect the area.

oocI appreciate you staring a new thread, also please remember that you can solo the rest of this, I am only here to explain how to get your pc started on the home and how building a house in the Spires works :)
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Conar on July 23rd, 2012, 5:44 am

Conar saw a smile grow on Sharai's face and knew he had done well, as she picked up the block to further inspect it he could not help but smile and be happy with himself. After she had said that he had made it worth her time he did a little happy dance, not realizing that she was likely watching him. He watched her grab her supplies and they were out the door and on the way to the building site of his new house.

As they walked along she began to speak and explain how the whole process worked and he responded in turn, "Very nice, I am not very picky. As long as I have a place to lay in the sun and climb around. As they neared the site the young Kelvic grew with excitment, he already could see the picture in his minds eye.

She put down her supplies and began to give a small speech, Conar listened hanging on to each word she said with his cat like curiosity. After she had finished speakinh he started, "Well I am a simple lad I need not much but places to climb and to hang my furs and meat." He looked around the floor and the supplies thinking about how he wished to build his home.

ooc-So I was wondering how big sq. ft. would it be just so I can picture it?
Conar
Player

Words: 4329
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cinna on August 2nd, 2012, 10:53 pm

Sharai could see that the young boy was excited about the prospect of his own home, and in turn that made her happy. She liked to see people excited about the prospect of creating their own living space and she firmly believe that to have a home, you must instill a part of yourself in it. She would be there to help him of course, helping him put together his home. But she was leaving the design of the home to him, letting him come up with something that best fit his needs and what he saw in his heart.

"Well come on boy, this petching thing won't build itself,"she said as she grabbed the bucket of glue and walked onto the floorboards, checking to make sure that they had been laid properly and would hold her own weight....and there was quite a bit of it. It seemed solid enough to her and she set the bucket down, turning to look back at him as he still puzzled over the pieces.

"Remember boy...er..Conar, all the pieces fit together one way or another, just like that puzzle box that you put together. All you have to decide is how you want to put it together,"she called to him, crossing her arms. "I am here to help you build it, but you are going to be guiding me in your vision. The wood and vines and multiple leaves are all here at your disposal, so lets see what you have in that head of yours."

oocIt will be about a 20x20 home, roughly 400ft or so. Feel free to self moderate Sharai's actions from now on and when you finish pop it into the moderation thread for grading. :) Also please remember to do a brief write up of your home and give us a pic so I can put it in the linkmap for all to see :)
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)