[Open Adventure] Sometimes The Luck Spills Out Of The Shoe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Open Adventure] Sometimes The Luck Spills Out Of The Shoe

Postby Fallan Windchaser on August 24th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Fallan spent the time while the farrier was in the barn getting better to know the Sungold. It was still a horse that he'd like to own even if it probably would draw every brigand in the wild to him like flies to horse droppings. While his hand stroked the horse firmly if it would let him, he kept an eye on the others. None of them seemed to know quite what they were doing, at least not enough to convince him that it would be worthwhile taking their company. Not a man among them, only creatures which capered in mockery of them. He knew what he'd been taught, but he couldn't help but think that they somehow had been the cause of humanities downfall. Somehow they had managed that trick and if they could do that then what other trickery were they capable of?

His eyes met those of Jeb as he relinquished control of the horse. It was tempting to leave and go about his business, but not tempting enough to miss out on the chance of owning the Sungold, and the only way to do that it seemed was to find the woman or what remained of her. The blood led him to suspect that there was little chance of finding her alive. He shuddered at the thought of a nest of spiderlings lurking in the dark somewhere close by. Filthy things, better off if they were exterminated for once and all.

"I'm a stranger to the city," he pitched his voice low in the hope that only Jeb would hear and that he wouldn't need to find an excuse not to let Alyxander to hear it. "If I could stable my horse here while I join the search, perhaps you could suggest where best I might head? Do you think the knights would welcome my help? I know little of them except by rumour."
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 30th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Another had arrived from the way of the city, Ursus thought. He had smelled Zaira from a distance, a human scent. No doubt another adventurer or perhaps a yokel wandering. Ursus considered his options, he could continue his pursuit of Voreasos and Niall or drop back and observe the newcomer. He was fairly certain that he could pick up their trail again, he was a fine tracker and his animal senses served him well in this regard.

While he debated internally, Zaira had forced his hand. His mind was focused on the two adventurers ahead that he did not notice that she was suddenly there before too late. Surely she caught a glimpse of him. The Kelvic cursed and fled into the forest, hidden in the foliage, watching.

She was surely not a threat, Ursus realized as he watched her as the Benshira leapt her way through the forest and towards the cave.

She must be connected with Niall or the spiderling... He thought as he paced her out of sight. His bulky frame moved quickly and nimbly through the forest, dodging trees and leaping over bushes.

He saw her about to enter the caves and he shook his head. No doubt if she reached the two first she could tell them about him and his cover blown. He sighed but continued to follow the other adventurers into the caves out of sight. Although his eyesight was on par with humans, his sense of smell and hearing were exceptional. He intended to use these to guide him into the caves without light, following the smell of Zaira, Niall, and Vor. His hears would stay glued to every little bump around him.
We've got the power to bring you down
Ursus Umosa
Player

Words: 12054
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zaira on September 1st, 2009, 12:48 am

The woman took careful steps into the darkness and the light before her with her sight soon began to fade as the caves opening grew further and further behind her.

Zaira was no spiderling, no knight in training, or kelvic, she was hardly a traveler really. She was simply a woman with a sling shot. Not that the weapon beneath her veils would do her any good. She was nearly blind in this darkness and the further she went in, the more slowly she moved, each step as it was taken, debated in her head.

She didn’t like this place, didn’t like it at all. Why on earth did she enter? She could go back to the water, her tent and horse. Go back to her fire.

Never did she think she would have need for her torch in the day time. And now she was wishing for a glimmer of fire to light her path.

How she hated the dark.

How it terrified her.

Steps slowed as fingers trailed upon earthen walls, and finally halted. No longer could she see there was no glow behind her and there hadn’t been for some steps. Her heart was pounding, as much out of her running, as the mounting fear. She walked backwards; the path she had treaded was safe as far as she knew, while the darkness before her… was uncertain. She wouldn’t creep backwards with her eyes straining against the darkness to see imaginary shapes. Turning slowly the tips of her fingers broke contact from the cave walls for a moment as she turned back towards the way she came.

Slow steps, patient, fighting down the urge to flee, carried the dancer back down the path towards the light and its safety. Hopefully.
Zaira
The Wanderer

Words: 30459
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2009, 2:14 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on September 1st, 2009, 8:12 pm

Vor did not stop as they made there way into the caves, his eyes altering to see as if it was daylight. What was dark to a human was clear as day to him for even the darkest areas of the world he could see well in if just a bit fog like. The wild world was far worse then this as he moved on.

"I will be your eyes if you be my blade." He said softly as he let out his hand to the Akalak. He had no tricks or aces other then his powers and what he knew of his kind. It would be a danger but he would make sure they lived and he prayed to his god that the female was alive as well.

"I have done some math but I may be wrong. Worse comes to it we are looking at ten or more of my kind. Best hope is under five but even two will be a problem for us. You can stay here and I can see what I can do alone but I am sure your knights are looking for you and any traces of the female."

He was a bit worried, if he could fight better then his fear would be nothing but he was a sitting target and he had to rely on a person who thought he was evil. Maybe he was evil but at least he was evil with his own laws.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Niall Raghnall on September 2nd, 2009, 2:52 pm

Niall did remember the caves but knew that to enter on his own was sheer folly; especially if the spider people were nesting within. It would be too easy to stumble into a trap because the enemy could be crawling on top of the ceiling and not just crowling the floor. He had to be extremely cautious considering the race he was hunting was also acting as scout. What a fool he'd be ... a dead fool ... if this symenestra was leading him astray.

Vor offered to be his eyes if he would be the sword. Niall simply nodded in agreement. An easy comment to make if leading one into a trap. Niall would play along but had no intent of trusting this person until a reason to trust was given. Niall decided not to tell the spider man that he too could see with his infravision in the darkness. He knew how to manuveur his eyes to see the heat patterns of the walls, of his scout, and eveything else. Having this ability his whole life, he knew how to use it as perfectly as seeing in daylight. But for certain he would act as sword, the knight in training would allow him to be no different.

The last thought that made him not trust the symenestra was that they were leaving perfect footprints in the dusted floor covering. For a person attempting to be so cautious, Vor had not picked this up ... or had he known all along and was playing into the trap? Niall could not be for certain and would remain on guard. As he followed Vor in silence, he looked at all angles around the caves; in front and behind, above and below; to look for any symenestra that might be trying to lay a trap. He would fight to the end, and let his raging beast win the struggle if he were on death's bed. Niall would die a warrior and take everyone near him on death's journey.
Niall Raghnall
Player

Words: 19913
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2009, 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Niall Raghnall on October 12th, 2009, 3:36 pm

OOC: Is this adventure dead? I'd like this to continue even if I have to go solo. I hate dead adventures :(
Niall Raghnall
Player

Words: 19913
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2009, 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Previous