(Flashback) A New Day

A decision had to be made

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Flashback) A New Day

Postby Orion Michaels on August 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Orion, Day of Summer 14 (Late Morning), 507 AV

Previous Threads :

It had been a week since he came to. Orion's right hand was still wrapped and held immobile with a brace. It hurt considerably less now, but the pain was constant. His nose was tolerable most of the time, but an accidental touch or even too hard of a sneeze would cause the pain to erupt and his eyes to well up with tears. Suffice to say, he was a mess. His beard had become a splotchy mess, and the bruises which dotted his face only served to enhance that perception. The swelling around his eyes was gone, for the most part, but he still held quite a puffy look.

But for Orion, none of that really mattered. All he could think of was her. Was it pathetic? Probably. He'd have the ever living fetch beat out of him because of that girl. Sort of. That and him throwing the first punch may have had an impact. He shook his head. Why had he believed she'd be there, or more importantly, why did it matter? They were nothing to each other, right? But if that were the case, why did she take care of him?

He often found himself fiddling with that earring. That blasted earring. It was a physical container of his pain and confusion. Why had she left it? Did she think him stupid enough to return? Only a fool would want to go back after what happened. He shook his head and sighed.

But he was that fool.

"I want to go..." He felt downright stupid. He was a dog, loyal to his master. No matter how many times he got kicked, he would happily return each time. He knew he was dumb, but he was fairly sure she was amazing. He'd already taken one big leap for her. And only came out with a few broken bones he thought, rolling his yes. To be infatuated so with a woman he barely knew, one he could barely more than describe. What foolishness was it? It was juvenile at best, but Orion found himself dressing and prepping to go out. The earring was placed in his left pocket, and out he went, heading for the tavern where this pale skinned blue haired beauty worked. He couldn't imagine the devastation if she's still not there.

"I really can't afford another broken hand," he chuckled. So please be there.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

(Flashback) A New Day

Postby Orion Michaels on August 10th, 2012, 6:07 am

Orion, Day of Summer 14 (Early Afternoon), 507 AV

For as slow as he was walking, Orion's heart was nearly ready to explode. A 20 minute walk had now spanned 2 bells. Somehow managing to move slower with each step he was strongly doubting his choice now. Between the pain, the strange looks from passerby, and the stress involved with his destination, Orion was nearly ready to call it a day and return to his room.

Just take deep breaths, Orion. Deep breaths. It's all going to be okay. I'll return this blasted thing and be done with it.

Wiping the perspiration from his brow, he paused as the tavern came into view. He held no fond memories of this place. Embarrassment, pain, betrayal, And yet he returned again. He bit his bottom lip in frustration before pulling the earring out of his pocket. It didn't matter. It was too much. He was just going to go in, inform her what he thought, and get on with his life. His father was enough stress. Did he really need a tavern full of people who hated him, or a woman who seemed like she didn't truly exist.

A hush fell over the patrons has Orion entered. He scanned the crowd for her, but instead he saw the man who had left him in this state. The man began to stand as Orion exclaimed. "Sit the petch down, fat man! Don't make break my other hand on your face." He flashed the man a grin. The large man's face flushed red with rage but before he could speak, she appeared. Pale, blemish free skin, covered with a simple yet fitting plain white dress. Her hair hung down free, framing a face exhausted from too few hours of sleep. A waiting tray hands, she looked drained as she walked out.

He opened his mouth as to speak, but no words came out. Their gazes met and the tray came crashing to the ground, tears pouring from her eyes almost instantly.
"Orion..." He'd have said her name back, but he didn't know it. And yet..

She came running up to him and half hugged, half tackled the young man. A gasp escaping from his lips, a quiet murmur of discomfort was all he could manage, as the ever constant pain intensified. Realizing what she had done, the girl pulled away, her face twisted in sadness.
"Oh my goodness, Orion! I'm so so so sorry. For that. For everything. I only told one person! I swear. I never thought they'd tell everyone! I was so...excited."The waterworks broke as she began to sob, covering her face to hide the tears from Orion. "You...you we're...never....supposed to...supposed to get hurt!"

Sob.

Sob.

Sob.

He wasn't sure what to do. He'd had a plan when he came in, didn't he? Orion shook his head and stepped to her, taking her hand in his. She stopped crying and looked up at him, her gorgeous blue eyes wide open and afraid, her face almost aglow from the streaks left by her tears. He nodded and led her outside, his hand completely enclosing her tiny one. "Listen...I don't even know where to start." He sighed, but continued as she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "I'm already off to a better beginning this time, right? I was so embarrassed, you know? So...ashamed. I made a damn fool of myself, huh?" She managed a small smile. "I went home and I imagined you were this perfect being. Beautiful, smart, funny, witty. Everything I'd seen, just amplified in my mind a million times over. So when I showed up and you weren't there. When I showed up and they knew. And when they laughed." He gritted his teeth and turned away.

He began taking slow controlled breaths, trying to keep himself calm. It was almost too much. "I came here to tell you where you could stuff this bloody earring." Her bottom lip quivered slightly, eyes beginning to fill with tears again. Orion turned to her and smiled. "But it's a new day. When I think of you taking care of me. When I think of how much my father hates you already," he said, grinning. "Well, this is absurd."

No!

"We've just met...and I don't even know your name...but...."

Don't you do it!

"I think I'm totally in love with you."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) A New Day

Postby Orion Michaels on August 10th, 2012, 9:14 am

Orion, Day of Summer 14, 507 AV

"So go ahead and laugh at me. I more than deserve it this time, and honestly, I don't care." The light shade of red his cheeks turned would suggest otherwise. "There's no reason I should say that." He shrugged and turned to her. "And realistically, there's no reason I should feel it, either. I have a feeling one of those punches I managed to expertly parry with my face may have knocked something loose." He grinned at her through his beaten and battered expression, and was surprised to find her returning one.

"It's Lyla, you big dummy." She walked up to Orion, embracing him gently. "I..I can't say that back yet..you know..."She blushed, putting her face in his chest. "But..it won't be long. If you keep showing me who you are like this, showing your true self... then..I don't stand a chance." He had returned her embrace, taking in the moment. "How...do you not think I'm crazy? And what do you mean true self?" She turned her gaze up, their blue eyes connecting. "The real Orion. That's what I mean. The one that's been hiding behind the doctor, behind his father, doing little more than peeking out to see what was going on. The one that is totally crazy. The one that acts on impulse. The one that tells women he's seen twice something that some men won't ever say. The one that's right here." She released from the hug, and softly caressed his face before turning and beginning to walk away, only stopping to peek over her shoulder and say one more thing.

"And besides, who ever said I wasn't crazy, too. I took care of a man I just met and cried for days. At least I've got the gender excuse. What's that give you?" With a still blushing face and a teasing grin she looked a head and walked back into the tavern, giving a small wave of her fingers over her shoulder before she disappeared.

Orion stood there for awhile, smiling. "...I feel like I'm going to say this a lot with her...but what in the world just happened?" He shook his head, a small laugh coming from him, and began to stroll home, the earring still in his pocket.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) A New Day

Postby Chevalier on August 22nd, 2012, 6:23 am

Character Name

LORE
  • Confessing Your Love
  • Talking to Women, Much Better

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Philosophy 1
Intimidation 1
Rhetoric 1
Seduction 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
Here we are. When I say ‘seduction’ in my skills area, I believe seduction can be as much getting people to love or adore you for the crazy things you do, just as much as it can be for looking suave or what have you.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office