[Flashback] Sparks and Flame Part 3 (solo)

Evalin continues her training and mastery of fire.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on July 30th, 2012, 2:23 am

39th of Fall, 314 AV

Evalin sat in her usual place, back pressed against the cold stones as she examined her hand in the wavering light of candle flame. Softly she whispered sweet words of enchantment, calls to her soul to swirl and flow, collect and to pull in the palm of her hand in the form of res... that power that the girl now held sway over.

"What day is it now...? I have begun to lose track during this flow of eternity..." Closing her eyes the girl willed the res to move, to swirl and circle her wrist down to her her elbow. Absently she pulled on it with her other hand, calling it to collect there now, "How long have I practiced now... how long since I was... human?"

As the res collected in her left hand, Evalin sighed, "Is this what it is to be from this moment on? Am I to lose sight of this world in the endless flow of time?"

Shaking her head, Evalin released the res, allowing it to disperse and trickle from her fingers. Feeling a minor drain on her mind, Evalin smiled, "But I wonder... If I can still feel fatigue, pain or even pleasure... am I not still alive, at least in part? Can I truly be dead if I still retain my senses?"

What a troublesome notion, and nothing more than a distraction really. Evalin slowly stood, growing at the stiffness in her limbs as she rested her back once more against the wall, "Indeed this body vexes me. So weak and fragile... If not for this power," She raised her hand before her eyes, summing her res to collected at the ends of her fingers. Hissing a soft command a flame was lit at the end of each of her five digest, fueled by a core of res that kept them alight while Evalin smiled, "I would be like an infant among wolves. Unable to defend myself."

Straightening Evalin whispered, "Nai." and each of the flames moved from where they floated to circle her form. Evalin watched them a moment, taken in by the 5 bobbing flames as they drifted lazily about her. Within her mind she felt the pull on her djed, and while slight she knew she could not hold this for long.

"What troublesome power this is," she sighed, "For now while my skills are meager I find myself limited in what I might accomplish."

Those points of light drifted for a few moments more, but then with a lazy hand Evalin commanded, "Kai." and all five moved to float over her left palm which she held out extended. Raising them to her eyes Evalin watched the flickering fire, "Yet still I know that I will master this yet. One... step... at a time..."

Sucking in air to fill her stale lungs, that power within her stirred and gathered in the center of her chest. Narrowing her eyes the woman pushed that power up, past her throat to flow out her open mouth as res which passed over and through the flickering lights. Her will became reality, and with a thought that echoed in her being she ignited all of it at once, creating a tongue of fire which lapped against cold stones of the laboratories floor, falling against and dispursing on the wall across from her. Snapping her lips shut the flow of res was halted, and the woman leaned back against the wall once more, weariness creeping upon her vision as she slowly sat down once more. Cursing silently she spoke, "Yet even now, just one such use sets me upon the floor... truly have I gained power, or is this just one more weakness..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on July 30th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Several Bells Later...

"Be damned this body and its weakness, for I must rest such a time to begin again..." For as it was she had sat there, in the same position, for close to 2 bells. Her body did not wish to respond, fought her control as she struggled to her feet once more. This power, this strength which was supposed to grant her the means to obtain her goals, seemed instead to be a crippling plague upon her existence. There had to be a better way...

There must exist, she pondered, a method to use this ability and not drain myself needlessly. But what... what could it be?

Shuffling forward on one unsteady foot, Evalin grabbed the workbench for balance as she made her way to the center of the floor. She was still weak, but much of her strength had returned to her, enough to continue on with her trials and tribulations. Moving so that she stood upon her own power, the woman's hands came out to extend before her eyes, "Let us see then..."

That power surged within her, shifting and flowing upward through dried veins to pool within her upturned palms. It was a small amount, far less than she had expended before, but still enough for Evalin to notice the tightening in her chest, There now, if I simply fill the palms of my hands then I am not tired. A note for later perhaps?

The flow then cut off, Evalin whispered sweet words to this liquid substance, clear to the eye yet it caused a wavering in the light, "Shi."

From her palms the res rose about an inch, dividing itself into 10 unequal portions, 5 in each hand. Squinting one eye Evalin whispered, "Nai." and the collections of res scattered to to form an uneven line before her. Frowning in concentration, Evalin pictured a form, a sphere within her mind eye and called out a command to the res, "Kai." To shape.

The fingers of her still outstretched hands twitched, motioning as if they were molding clay as the floating res shifted and changed, slowly, ever so slowly, forming the picture she saw. After a few moments she witnessed before her 10 unequal, half hazzard balls of res. Her frown deepened, "Perhaps 10 at once is far too much for this mind to control...?" Waving a hand she sent those semi-orbs to circle about her, whispering, "Meio." Circle, revolve around.

The revolved around her, bobbing slowly up and down as Eva watched them. She could fill the pull on her psyche once more, but it was not so sudden or extreme as when she created the tongue of flame. It was the matter of concentration that distracted her more.

My... how difficult it is to maintain a balance among so many points...

Looking at the wall she extend her left hand, her voice resounding through the space, "Donmai-Hakin!" Fly forward and ignite.

The 10 points of res then flew past her, igniting as one and slamming into the wall before her in a brilliant shower of sparks and flame. This time the pull upon her mind was obvious, and Evalin grasped the desk for balance once more. A throbbing began to form in the back of her mind, and the woman turned to return to her spot on the wall, sliding down to sit once more.

"Yes... 10 is far too many..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 1:00 am

One Bell Later...

Slowly she stood once more, grasping the edge of the desk as she did so for balance as well as support. Beneath her breath the girl cursed, forcing her body to move against its wishes.

"There now... Let us see what might be done."

Straightening fully once more Evalin sighed, letting her hands fall to the side as she closed her eyes, Now then... Not so many this time...

Within her she summoned forth her djed to trickle down the length of her arm, to drip from her fingertips in the form of res to float up and encircle her arms. She took her time, letting the flow continue for almost a full chime until she had created enough to fill a shallow basin, halting the stream when she began to feel a light headed sensation. Raising her arms, the woman opened her eyes to observe the swirling substance. It seemed clear yet, if she looked through it her arm appeared distorted, as if heat radiated between her vision and her arm. Tilting her head, Evalin wondered at this a moment, never truly taking the time to observe her own ability, Indeed... I have grown complacent, and I have forgotten to see more than just the surface. Perhaps the promise of eternity has corrupted me...

Shaking her head Eva quickly dismissed this though, allowing her mind to focus once more on the task at hand. A series of commands issued from her lips, "Shi." The long tendrils of res divided, this time the will of iron stopped them from dividing unchecked, and Evalin saw 5 evenly distributed masses of res before her.

"Nai." The res dispersed, lining up before her eyes to form a straight line, floating idly. Yes... five is much easier to control. Then she noted one mass that floated slightly above the rest, and she smiled, Well, with practice I suppose.

Her palms came togeter, her fingers forming a steeple as she whispered, "Kai." This time the masses responded a bit slower, taking almost another full chime to resolve themselves into the spheres, however, Evalin took a moment longer to ensure that each and every one was a perfect shape (more or less). Once satisfied with her work, Evalin waved her left hand, "Meio." The floating masses began to revolve slowly around her form, and Evalin watched with a small amount of astisfaction that they did not stary overly much from the course she set them upon.

Keep them an arms length from my person, enable free movement to be a possibility. Would I rather not singe myself upon my own flame.

Waving her left hand idly in a circle, Evalin pondered a moment, Now then... what good will this do? Then she shrugged, and smiled, "Hakin!"

The 5 orbs burst into flame, the outer layer becoming the element while the inner core remained res. The pull from her strength was taxing, but Evalin could that she could still stand and think, "Well then... It seems I may not be so crippled after all..."

Chuckling under her breath, Evalin waved her left hand, pointing it at the wall. In her mind she commanded only a single orb to do her bidding, "Donmai!" Breaking from its place the hurled itself against the wall, flame sputtering out and the last of the res dissipating. Touching a finger to her cheek Evalin pondered, "Thus it seems to take little energy to move these creations of mine, but if I do not transform the core then I have wasted more of my res than I have used. Perhaps that is a cost for retaining my strength?"

The other 4 orbs filled in the space left by the 5th, and Evalin noticed the drain on her mind was growing stronger. She felt a floating sensation, and she began to want too...

A grin touched her lips, "Be these sweet whispers I hear? My how alluring they be, but never shall I fall sway to their call." Waving her right hand she called the remaining four orbs to spin, joining together to create a long stream of fire. Raising her hand high the ring rose to circle overhead, and now the pull on her mind grew stronger, causing the woman's limbs to shake as if she held up a great weight. Growling under her breath Evalin whiped her arm down, breaking the ring and commanding the line of flame and res to crack like a whip against the wall and floor.

"Hakin!"

Thus released from her control the res exploded, letting forth a scorching heat that singed her fingers and left dark marks upon the floor where the 3 foot long whip of fire had cracked. Stumbling back, Evalin could not even slide to the ground, rather she crumbled in a heap. Though... upon her lips there was a smile.

"Indeed... This may yet be a weapon for me..."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Persona on August 30th, 2012, 2:53 am

Thread Award!

Evalin:

Skills:
Philosophy +1
Reimancy +3
Observation +1

Lores:
Reimancy: Producing Less Res Makes You Less Tired
Trigger Word: Kai: To Shape
Trigger Word: Meio: To Circle
Trigger Word: Hakin: To Ignite.
Reimancy: Fine Res Control
Reimancy Technique: Fire Whip (Exploding)

Notes:
If you want a less singey version of your fire whip, you’ll want to practice more ;)
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office