(Soothing Waters) You Know What They Say About Big Hands...

(Work) An introduction to massage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Orion Michaels on August 17th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Orion, Day of Summer 7, 512 AV

Orion had just recently began to work at the Soothing Waters Bath, and was trying to pick up on things quickly. Employed a doctor, he found himself setting bones, dealing with dislocations, stitching up cuts, and other basic things that either a marked healer wasn't needed for, or the patron didn't want to drop the mizas. Either way, it kept him busy enough. There was one thing, however, he wanted to learn. Sure it would help him be more useful at work, but it would certainly have it's other uses as well. Massage. Wonderful, sensual, touchy feely massage. The doctor could see it now. After a day of healing bodies, he could spend the evenings honing his talents. It would be perfect. It would be too easy. It would be cheaper than boozing them up. Unfortunately , his expectations were dashed when he inquired about it to a senior masseuse.

"Foot massages? Seriously?" Orion sighed. Feet. What was sexier than that, right? The masseuse nodded. "It's the best way to start. It's cheap, and as a result, it's popular with the people." Frowning, Orion nodded. Simple enough, he supposed. I guess it's a bit much to jump right in, huh?

"So why don't you show me what you've got, Orion." The masseuse sat in a chair, her feet propped up. Orion shrugged and took a knee at her feet. The woman smirked, obviously amused.

Let's see...Where to begin? The doctor began roughly moving his hands along the bottom of her foot. Heavy pressure, moving in large circular patterns up and down the bottom of the foot. He traced random patterns, occasionally focusing on the heel. Easy enough, Orion thought. The woman watched his actions silently. With his thumbs doing most of the work, the doctor began to tire quickly. Continuing the circles he looked up at his co worker, hoping for some sign of how it was going, but he was rewarded with a blank stare. As his thumbs began to cramp, he winced but tried continue putting heavy pressure on the center of her soles.

"Enough," the woman said, shooting a smile to Orion. Nailed it! A smug look appeared on his face as she ended the massage. "Good news, Orion. You can't possibly do any worse." His expression was wiped clean as his heart sank.

Last edited by Orion Michaels on August 20th, 2012, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on August 19th, 2012, 9:51 am

Orion was crestfallen. "Was..I that bad?" He thought he was doing well. Massage looked so easy, it was just rubbing another person, and well, Orion had plenty of experience there. Apparently it didn't transfer. "Oh, what's wrong, Orion?" she asked. "Not used to complaints about your technique?" Cold as ice. Daggers to the bone. All he could do was sigh. "...No."

The woman let out a laugh and patted his head. "There there, my poor student, you don't have a clue what you're doing, but hope isn't lost. I can save you, train you, and make you a serviceable masseuse. Well, at least make it so you're not a waste, doctor." He felt the teasing in her voice, and couldn't help but suspect she was mocking him. With a disarming smile though, he really couldn't be sure.

"Well fine then," the young man said, looking at the masseuse. "What great knowledge do you have to pass on to me?" He bowed to her, a fake smile plastered on his face. "I'm in your care, ma'am. Please, teach me." She nodded. "We'll take it step by step. I'll even try and put into terms you might understand. And no, I don't mean medical." She gave him a wink, causing the man to blush. "Switch places with me," she ordered, and Orion took her place in the massage chair.

"Now Orion, you should know you can't just jump into things like you did. Feet can deal with a lot of stress, but when you're dealing with them in this manner, you've gotta warm them up." She nodded, looking up at his sky blue eyes, a wicked smile growing on her lips. "What's with that look? ...I-I get it." She raised an eyebrow before continuing. "Sure you do." That grin was unnerving. So first things first, a good foot soak is the place to start." The woman moved away and began filling a basin with warm water. "See, this allows you to clean their feet before you start on anything else. Plus, it's plenty relaxing." She began to pour an oil into the foot wash. "Just a little calming scent. If you've got any knowledge of plants, and can extract their oils, you can make yourself some nice stuff for aromatherapy, but maybe we'll get into that some other time. For now, feet in." The woman placed the basin in front of him, motioning for him to put his feet in. Orion complied, closing his eyes and enjoying the sweet fragrance of whatever was in the water, being soothed by the warmth spreading throughout his feet. A foot massage at work? Things couldn't get much better.

Last edited by Orion Michaels on August 20th, 2012, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orion Michaels on August 19th, 2012, 1:02 pm

After about 5 minutes had passed, the woman removed his feet from the basin. "Alright," she said, wiping his feet down with a towel. "It's best to use a warm towel if you can. It's more soothing." She gave him a smile. "Now the foot bath, it's for you and the patron. It's not particularly enjoyable to massage stinky feet. I can let that one pass, but you started off with a sin, Orion. You worked both feet at once." He raised an eyebrow. "Well yeah, I can get the job done faster." It made sense to him. The more area you could cover, but sooner you got paid, the sooner you got tipped. "You can get the job done wrong," she corrected, still smiling at his lack of knowledge. "Orion, Orion, Orion. I've heard you bragging about your 'adventures'. So let me put it like this. Each foot is it's own woman. If you spend your time split between both, you aren't going to impress either."

"I don't know about that," he began, but a sharp look cut him off. "Right, right. What was I saying. One foot. One foot." She nodded approvingly, wrapping his left foot in the towel. "I never said you couldn't keep one on the back burner. Just don't try and juggle them yet." She gave the slightly embarrassed doctor a playful wink. "W-whatever..."

The masseuse began to run warm water over her hands, and followed by pulling a small bottle from her kit. "Just as you warm their feet, warm your hands. It limbers you and also, no one wants clammy hands on their feet." Motioning to the oil, she continued. "Just a simple oil here to help with relaxing you. This is ginger oil. It's very pleasant and warming on the touch, so it's quite comfortable on the feet. But in honesty, I'm using it on you because it's cheap." She grinned at the young man before beginning to apply the oil to his feet and ankles. "Make sure you rub it all over the foot to up above the ankle. You don't want to miss anything." Orion let out a sigh. It really did feel good to have someone doing this. Snickering, he wondered if he would be able to get her to try out other massages on him.

"Don't be perverted."

"I..uh...sorry." Or not.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orion Michaels on August 19th, 2012, 4:55 pm

The woman cupped his foot gently, placing her hand just above his heel, soft hands supporting his foot around the tendon. "You see how I have it here? You've got to control the foot at all times so you can make sure you don't damage it." She began to rotate his foot at the ankle, moving it in slow, deliberate circles. "Remember, Orion. We're still in the warm up stage. You've got to move slow. Too fast is no good. You don't want to risk hurting anything . You might be able to finish in a few minutes, but that won't leave the customer satisfied."

Orion couldn't avoid blushing. "E-enough with the double entendre."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She gave him a simple smile. "Now be quiet, I'm teaching." Sigh... "Rotate the foot up and down, left and right, and in circles, like this," she demonstrated. Each of her movements were calculated. Orion let his breath as she stretched his foot out. He'd never had a massage before, and it was sure to be a part of his day to day now. He could feel years of pressure being relieved with simple motions and firm fingers. "Feels good, right? And we're just getting started."

Allowing his leg to rest back on the chair, the masseuse changed her grip on his foot. "Imagine the foot split in half long way. Right now each hand is responsible for one half, so keep that in mind." Starting right up by his toes, the woman began firmly squeezing his foot, fingers on top, thumbs on the bottom, each hand working its side. "Squeeze, and then move slowly down the foot, repeating that motion. Work your way up the foot, all the way to the ankle, and then retrace your steps. Keep on doing it until you feel like it's lose enough." Orion nodded, half paying attention at this point. "Yeah. Foot. Move. Ooooohhhh-OUCH! Did you just dig your nails into me?" Smiling sweetly, she shrugged. "If you were focused, couldn't you tell me?" Scary... "Continuing our lesson, follow up the squeezing by placing grabbing on the inside off the foot with one hand and the outside of the foot with the other," she said, placing her hands in the mentioned locations as she explained. "Then slowly and gently twist in opposite directions. This is another really good stretch for the foot. It needs to be nice and limber before you really start working it?" Orion looked down at her. "What do you mean by that? This isn't the massage?" She giggled, looking back up at him. "On no. This is just foreplay!"

"I...shouldn't have asked." He blushed. Was this woman possibly into these sort of things more than him? "You..put me to shame, I must say." Her reply? A cool smile. Yikes.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orion Michaels on August 20th, 2012, 11:24 am

Orion grinned nervously as she worked. This was a..strange woman, to say the least. A good teacher, but kind of terrifying, too. He jumped slightly as she changed her efforts towards his foot. Again cupping the back of his foot, she began running her fingers along the top of his foot, her thumb doing the same to the bottom. Each stroke nearly elicited a moan from him. By the gods, was he a foot person after all? She chuckled, as though she knew what was on his mind. "Here's the real deal, my protege. Now that you're loosened up, I can find the soft spots in your foot, almost grooves that I can pressure. Starting with the toes, as usual, work your way up to the ankle. Simple, right." An intelligible moan was all Orion could muster. "I'll take that as a yes," she quipped.

"Since you're just going to sit there and make horrible sounds, just try and observe the rest, okay?" Orion managed a nod. "Good." After a few trips up and down the foot, hitting the soft areas around the tendons and in between the bones, she moved to his toes, and how heavenly it was. She would simply bend them slowly, up and down, one at a time. She would then gently pull on Orion's toes, and it felt as though a valve was opened to release all the pressure built up in his foot. "Make sure you run your fingers in circles around them, too!" She said as she did so. Simple instructions, and so much better than the mess he tried to pass off.

"After you finish on the toes, take your thumbs and rub them in circles from the front to the back, over and over. Since this is the one thing you actually did correctly, I'll trust you to figure that much out." She motioned to the door. "It appears I have a real customer, so I'll need you to leave now, Doctor."

"Thanks. I think I'll be able to pick up on this."

She smiled. "No, no. Don't thank me. That will be one gold rimmed miza."

His eyes widened in shock. "You're..kidding right?"

"And make sure you tip well. Hope you enjoyed your lunch break."

She wasn't. After tossing a few coins, Orion sighed. A half done massage and no meal. Wasn't this place great?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Emblem on September 8th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Orion
Skills
    Massage- 4 XP
    Observation- 3 XP
Lores
    How to Not Give a Foot Massage
    Proper Foot Massage Technique
    Flirting With Your Mentor

Other Shenanigans: Nope

Comments :
Really good massage thread Orion. The dirty humor made it extremely enjoyable, and I definitely could not tell if you had fizzled out on that last post, so keep up the good work. If you have any questions or concerns PM me!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office