[Flashback]The Big Bad Fish(Lliwen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby I'sona on August 30th, 2012, 2:14 am

53rd of Spring, 499AV

"Do not go inland."

I'sona nodded her head and gave a tiny half wave to her younger sister, ready to set off. School was over for the most part and she wanted to be gone as quickly as possible, who knew what he teacher would say about today! But it really wasn't her fault that the sea horses had bolted, she had only wanted to play with the baby. Kicking her legs and arms furiously she propelled herself forward, her arms brushing sides as she used their full length to her advantage. She continued the exaggerated strokes until she deemed herself far out of trouble.

Floating in a mildly familiar area, her eyes already searching for something to do or find. Maybe she could find some sort of new plant. One that was edible. Maybe one that tasted like the sweet treats the sailors threw to her sometimes. Twirling herself and giggling she stopped only when she noted a bright yellow spot in the bed of green seaweed. Flipping upside down I'sona once more began her exaggerated swim, her legs bending oddly and sometimes smacking her in the behind. But her sloppy swim was worth it because she soon caught up to the tiny fish with its bright scales. It was obviously a baby, small and yellow and swimming erratically.

“What a cute fishy!” bubbles floated up as I’sona laughed, the tiny fish dancing around her in circles and tickling her, “If you were bigger you’d be good food for the land peoples.”

Oblivious to the fact that any other time the Charoda might have caught the fish it continued its quick circles. Unwillingly engaging in a game of ‘poke the fish’ with the eager child. Together they weaved around the coral bed and rocks, in and out of crevasses that lead much farther down than either would willingly go. For now.

Chimes past before the fish began to swim away, it hurried up ahead completely unaware it was still being followed. She had not seen this type of fish before, it was colorful and quick and so small. Another laugh escaped her as it surged back to her, smacking her in the arm in its hurry to get away. Her head snapped around to follow its trail, prepared to engage it once more

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

Alts: Matthaus
I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Words: 45654
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lliwen Vafara on September 5th, 2012, 10:55 am

Lliwen looked out over to the school as the other children fled the place as if it were about to explode. She sighed heavily; she would gladly be part of that chaos, being home schooled wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Sure, she liked her tutor and it meant she could learn things of her current ability, yet at five years of age this seemed unimportant to her. She craved to make friends and play- however this was not deemed important by her parents. Leaning against her balcony, she spotted two Charoda that had stopped amongst the flood of other pupils flowing out from the school, what were they doing? A rebellion inside her stirred, glancing around her, no one appeared to be near her. Lliwen bit her lip to try and reconsider what she was planning to do, though brushed the thoughts to one side and swam off out of side of her home.

She stopped briefly behind some corals, messily manipulating them. She frowned, even at her low level of training that was poor for her. Still, it would ensure if the small chance someone would look to find her, she would remain unseen. Closer to the two students she was aiming for, she spotted what they were doing and gasped, clasping her hands over her mouth as not to reveal her position.
‘That poor fish, what are they doing to it? I’ll have to get them to stop!’
She presumed the two were siblings, the eldest looking a several years older than Lliwen. Shyness enveloped Lliwen, talking to others was not a strong point, but she would have to, she couldn’t let that fish suffer.
‘This isn’t the best way to make friends…’

Once more she swam, more leisurely than her first sprint and nervously tapped the older Charoda on the shoulder, despite having to swim up a little to reach.
“Umm, excuse me but could you stop doing that to the harmless fish?”
Lliwen stared, almost petrified by this small amount of contact. Worried she may of caused offense, she smiled and added,
“I’m Lliwen, by the way, nice to meet you
She mentally kicked herself for her lack of social skills and was more than aware that prodding somebody on the shoulder and almost telling them off was not entirely ‘meeting’. Though it was too late now, she would just carry on smiling and hope for the best.
Reflections still look the same to me, as before I went under
Character Sheet
Lliwen Vafara
Player

Words: 23467
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Character sheet

Postby I'sona on September 7th, 2012, 6:31 pm

I’sona started at the voice, so absorbed in her little one-sided game. It was a bad habit her mother was always telling her to pay attention. Startled she stopped her chase and glanced over at her sister to find she was still chasing the little fishy happily. Using mostly her arms she propelled herself forward towards the smaller Charoda and smiled widely, in a friendly manner, speaking calmly,“We weren’t trying to hurt the fish. We were trying to play tag! You don’t like tag?”

She sounded decidedly put out at the thought but shook it off to introduce herself, “Pretty name! Mine is I’sona and that is Misaya.”

Curiously she circled the other, she was younger than I’sona but not much smaller, probably around the age of her sister she guessed. She hadn’t ever really noticed the this young Charoda before but that was not important.

“Would you like to play with us?” she held out her hand, “We won’t play with the fishy if you don’t want. We can go exploring.”

She waited patiently for the other to decide and watched for her sister carefully. She was more or less in charge of her and she couldn’t lose her, he mother would not be happy at all. Sure enough Misaya swam towards them looking dejected and sadly announced that the fish had finally escaped but the sadness did not last long for she seen the other Charoda her age.

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lliwen Vafara on September 26th, 2012, 4:50 pm

“T..tag? What’s tag?”
Lliwen searched her memory for any recollection of the word though drew a blank apart from the possibility of the siblings trying to label the fish; however, this seemed unlikely- particularly without anything to do such a thing with. She looked up at Isona, who was grinning happily at her. She seemed welcoming, and so Lliwen decided that the fish was, indeed safe.
”Isona…That’s a pretty name too! Oh! And so is yours, Misaya!”
She said this as the older charoda orbited around her, making her feel a little uncomfortable, though upon returning to her original spot the friendly smile remained, washing away all feelings of anxiousness.

Holding out her hand, Isona offered Lliwen to play with them, to which she nodded enthusiastically, before glancing back to the fish. Her momentary extrovert slithered back into its hole, not comfortable with toying with a living thing, even if she was sure it wasn’t in any danger. Isona must have sensed this, or maybe it was a coincidence, as she suggested going exploring; much more to Lliwen’s taste and something that her family would disapprove of more. Once again, she nodded.
“I’d love to! When can we get going?

Lliwen hoped this was portrayed as excitement- not that it wasn’t- but in addition to this she was eager to leave for the fear someone would see her. Looking over towards the younger sibling, she noticed the fish had managed to get away and breathed a sigh of relief. Misaya appeared upset at losing her scaled friend, though as she turned to see Lliwen her frown soon disappeared, her eyes glinting with excitement. Lliwen waved towards her, hoping the child would be as charming as her sister.
Reflections still look the same to me, as before I went under
Character Sheet
Lliwen Vafara
Player

Words: 23467
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Character sheet

Postby I'sona on October 4th, 2012, 3:34 pm

OOCSorry about the delay, for some reason I thought I had already posted the reply T_T

“You have never played tag?” I’sona was honestly surprised, she had never heard of someone who did not play tag! “Tag is where you tag someone and they chase you to tag back. You can do it again and again but it is more fun with more people.”

“Yes, yes! Let’s go explore the tall kelp!” Misaya chirped, interrupting the elder Charoda from explaining more. Looking between the two younger ones she nodded and grinned, hers hands waving the other two closer to her.

“We can go now. There is a bed of really tall seaweed forest,” she raised her arm high above her head, “and there is lots of things to find! We found a clam yesterday and there is always new stuff in it.”

She didn’t waste any more time explaining, instead ushering them down towards a tall, relatively large patch of seaweed. It reached over all the children’s head and was filled with tangles. It was an excellent spot for hide and seek or any other game that needed finding. Inside the little forest there was small yellow fish darting around, not the least bit disturbed by the children pushing into their home. “We can look for shiny shells or new fish! There is always lots of new fish here and they are always tiny. What do you like to look for, Lliwen?”

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes