Hunting the Hunters (open)

Banir makes a first attempt at helping the citizens of The Spires

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Apos on August 12th, 2012, 7:07 pm

"Well then I say after this meal, we head out." Apos said as he finished his first sentence stating that he'd like to head out as soon as possible. Apos drank the rest of his sadsa then fished in his pocket looking for money. He'd have to pay for a hunter's pack outside the building and he didn't want to walk up to wagon empty handed. Satisfied that he'd had the appropriate amount of coin in his possession, he looked back to Banir and Sal and awaited patiently for this moment to conclude.
Apos
Did you come here for answers? There are none

Words: 53448
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2011, 10:22 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Banir Ironwood on August 13th, 2012, 7:40 am

As Banir sat and finished his meal he made sure his face was duly hidden before looking up at Apos. His blood red rage filled eyes lined with a curious orange, thinking over more about his character he spoke with. Perhaps Apos could become a traveling companion, a fellow mercenary or even a friend one day. But until then he would be a business partner. Though he liked the idea of having friends, he was no fool to just trust someone outright without reason. And Apos had that aura about him, one that could put them at odds with each other. However so long as life wasn't taken unnecessarily and he didn't have a dagger in his back by the end of the day. Then he had a feeling that they would work well together. As he prepared to speak again, he shifted to sit upright. His imposing brutish demeanor and rough voice unintentionally sabotaging his efforts to sound friendly.

"That sounds, fine to me, glad to be, working with you. If you need, anything let me, know and we, can meet, somewhere when, your ready." His throat wasn't so sore after he had eaten and drank his fill. His armoured right hand slightly twitched in the prospect of getting a workout. It had been to long since it had gotten into a good brawl, and it both his arm and himself where getting better. The bladed claw retracted into a fist, leaving small marks on the table. He shifted his shoulders again, his cold-iron shoulder pads clinking and shifting.

Slowly he began to stand up, the gleaves on his boots shifting and clanking. As he stood up he offered Apos his left gloved and unarmoured hand, and though his face was covered by a scarf. He couldn't help but smile a little, a little optimistic that everything would work out. And that they'd get paid, get along, and with luck get out of the fog with their lives.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Apos on August 16th, 2012, 12:09 am

Apos looked at Banir, noticing for the first time since they've met that he'd been studying him. From the ruggedness of his voice, to his oddly familiar brutish demeanor. He also made an conscience effort to keep his face hidden with a piece of clothing around his neck. Apos didn't think much of it, people of all sorts have their various preferences of how they choose to present themselves in public. Nothing to judge, although Apos isn't the type to judge anyone for any reason, regardless. He'd been through enough and had seen enough to keep his opinions to himself even if they weren't all negative.

"Glad to work with you also." And by that he meant someone who looked as though they could actually handle a blade. Many people on this voyage made Apos question a lot of things. Like how, with frames so small, could they wrestle any living thing or hold any weapon of intimidating caliber. He even reached far enough to think if they could actually throw a punch with enough force to tilt a vase. But he kept quiet most of the time, though he wasn't the most polite of people he wouldn't intentionally down anyone.

"I'm gonna head to the wagon," he said as he gestured towards the door. "and I'll meet at the borders of the fog. How about to connect at the path which leads into the city?"

For all the studying and speculating he did about the hardy man in front of him, they'd remain in his head. If this union escalated into a friendship or companionship perhaps he'd be more verbal, but for now he was playing his cards in a way that would chase away his partner. As Banir stood, so did Apos and received his left hand with his own. He clasped it firmly and released it after a brief moment.

"See ya in a bit."

He said as he moved out of the congested area and into the open space outside. Apos was still unaccustomed to the confining structures that humans liked to build around themselves. He could understand the need for shelter, but in a place where man’s society dominated the landscape, there weren’t many dangers left. Thats one reason he liked The Spires. There weren't many buildings. Not like Sunberth. For all he'd learned since leaving Taloba he still didn’t quite understand why people would willingly spend so much time cut off from the world around them. Did they not enjoy the sun on their skin? Or the scents carried on the wind? Perhaps Taloba had spoiled him.

In Myri's Jungles, Apos would spend nights on the highest bough of the tallest tree, drifting asleep to the melody of thousands of creatures serenading the starlight. Despite all the wonders man had achieved, nothing had quite the same simple elegance. It seemed the nature of people was to seek out and foster complications in their lives until even the most fundamental behaviors came with guidelines and instructions: table manners, bathroom etiquette, courting rituals, rules of engagement. To breach any rule was to invite further complications. It was exhausting and often pointless. Apos' rules were kill or be killed, offend and retort with alarm.

Despite what he thought he was in a different place now. The Spires weren't too different from Taloba. Trees, vegetation. It was only missing the predators, but that wasn't a bad thing. As he made his way down the road he fished out the amount of Mizza he'd counted earlier and held them out as he approached the wagon. He asked for a hunter's pack and in return received a skeptical glare from Centroc. Not aware of the reason for the look, Apos simply looked at him back, giving the sellsman an emotionless visage behind black goggles. Breaking his gaze, Centroc pointed towards the cart. Nodding, he plucked out his supplies and headed down the road to he and Banir's meeting.
Apos
Did you come here for answers? There are none

Words: 53448
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2011, 10:22 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Cinna on October 11th, 2012, 1:34 am

And the forest reveals....

Hmm, I was worried that Apos and Banir would clash, or that maybe Apos would get hungry (kidding) and poor Asher would get caught in between lol. But this was a good social thread, well done!

Banir :
Skills:
Observation +3
Socialization +2

Lores:
The Unsettling Feeling of Unseen Eyes
Apos: Man of the Rampant Tskanna
Asher: The Eccentric
Getting the Essentials

Asher :
Skills:
Observation +2
Socialization +2
Rhetoric +1

Lores:
Apos: Man of the Rampant Tskanna
Banir: Man of Few Words

Apos :
Skills:
Observation +3
Socialization +2
Intimidation +1

Lores:
Banir: Man of Few Words
Asher: The Eccentric
Observing A New Face
The Thrill of the Wild

Note: When Asher returns, his rewards will be vaild.

If you have any questions or concerns about my grading then don't hesitate to PM me!
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous