A couple zith questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

A couple zith questions

Postby Jeram on September 18th, 2012, 4:09 pm

I'm planning to make a zith pretty soon and there were just a few things I was a little unsure about.

1. I know i've seen on this how fast akvatari can fly but I was wondering around how fast zith fly?

2. While a group of zith could survive in the wild pretty well how well could a single one do it?

3. Is a zith limited to how long they can spend in the wild like anyone else with the wilderness survival skill or are they an exception because of their more instincual nature?
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Words: 34588
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 2:22 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A couple zith questions

Postby Verilian on October 15th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Okay, so regarding the first question.. I don't know about this. But in regards to the other two.. first I'll say I already have some issues with the Wilderness Survival skill.. but all that aside, Zith are wild creatures. They don't wear clothing, don't use tents, don't generally eat plants, and are used to living away from civilization. They can eat food raw, so they don't need fire, unless they are in a really cold place, but their fur can protect them somewhat. They have heightened senses, so they can usually detect danger, but they can also fly and can sleep in places where danger might not get to them to begin with. Also, flying makes escaping danger much easier.

Basically.. you need to use your best judgement. I don't think those timelines are meant as set in stone anyway. Obviously if you are out there longer than the stated time you aren't going to die instantly. Especially if you have skills like hunting, and the ability to fly and spot water that you might not be able to spot from the ground.

All that being said, the wilds is still a dangerous place for a lone Zith. So just use your best judgement, and if you don't have the skill to survive on your own, then you need to explain how you're doing it.

That's my opinion, and how I would do it.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)