Solo (job thread) Poaching pillocks

Xi heads down to the forest floor on duty, and manages to catch some morons in the act.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

(job thread) Poaching pillocks

Postby Ximal on October 15th, 2012, 4:21 pm

4th Fall 512AV

A crisp and cold autumn morning had set in. Today was feeling cold and slightly clawing, Xi had towaork though else he'd be in a completely useless state for later on. Limbering up on his way to the guard station Xi rolled his neck snapping it and easing out the stiffness of sleep. Checking in and making sure to pick his rounds according to his influence in the spires ( ie not much!) he headed down to keep an eye on the base camp or the remnants there of. Strolling out from the camp keeping perimeter around the camp, Xi took a moment to catch a few thoughts. His day was going so slow for the moment, and that being the case Xi thought now would be a good time for a break. Closing his eyes, Xi stilled his mind and quieted his thoughts even managing to block out Liro for a few moments. A strange cry from a bird followed by a couple of men's voices...Great. Xi's eye's snapped open and he couched low, using the huge bulk of the spires trunks to hide his massive frame behind. Peering out around the edge slowly he saw the source of the voices. And the crys.

Several cages each one inhabited by one strange bird, pure white, and shining in it's glory, with a long and slender set of tail feathers. Listening out and watching he glanced around the small group. He took note keeping hidden behind the huge tree trunk and staying as quiet as possible. Six cages, six birds and three men. Three on one wasn't exactly the fairest of odds, though ALL the languages being spoken he recognised. Two myrians and a other human, all of which spoke common, the myrians some what jaggedly but still understandable, but they spoke to each-other in myrian.

"This is a massive score, do you know how much these birds are worth? we''ll be rich as kings !" The first myrian armed with a spear and a short bow, this one was tall but stocky, slightly over weight. He was probably the stronger of the two seeing as the other myrian armed with a hand-axe and a cross bow.
"Are you kidding ? This is the biggest amount of money we'll of ever made. we should be able to buy whatever we want." Lastly there was the quiet one. Blonde hair, limber but trim...Something felt off about this guy..just off. The weapons Xi could see on his person was a single cutlass and the hilt of another blade poking out from behind his back. Xi watched and took a slow rolling step forwards before. SNAP! A twig cracked beneath his foot and the blondes eyes snapped open like a like a striking viper. Xi pulled his head back behind the tree as the blond spoke in common.

"Marnic, were not alone..." With that the smaller of the two now startled myrians got up. And began to walk towards where Xi was. You really stepped in it this time, i'd suggest moving the cross bow is out and he's coming this way.
Last edited by Ximal on October 20th, 2012, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on October 15th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Now Xi had to think on his feet, a cross bow wielder was drawing closer, and Xi had no way of getting out of the the only way he could go was...up...Then an idea struck him. Xi scrabbled up the tree still being a silent as possible, glancing around scanning hurriedly for foot and hand holds. He scrabbled up the tree, as the tip of the cross bow rounded the tree Xi was already eight feet off of the ground and looking down over where the man was. The tip of the bolt rounded the tree followed by the smaller of the myrians looking over his shoulder he watched the myrian scan around before signalling back.

"All, clear....No-one here." as the smaller myrian turned to leave Xi descended on him like a spider from above, the thud was slightly audible. Xi's right arm looped around and under the man's throat. His forearm and bicep squeezing the artery's in the man's throat slowing the blood down to a trickle and knocking the man out in ten seconds flat. Picking up the myrian's crossbow in his right hand and tucking the handaxe into the back of his belt Xi peered around the corner again, at both men getting slightly agitated. Bringing the crossbow up infront of him Xi looked down it like a sight before aiming the bolt not at one of the two men but at the blonde man's cloak. the shot thrummed out of the crossbow and pierced straight through the cloak, however the kick wasn't what Xi had expected, it was dramatically heavier. Causing the bolt to jerk up from it's original target but still hit the right spot and not injure either of them. Xi stepped out from behind the tree and threw the crossbow to the ground before starting his sprint at the myrian with the bow. As he drew close Xi slid along the floor and planted his foot firmly in the myrian's stomach knocking him off balance and causing the bow to fall from the myrian's hands. Now Xi was on borrowed time. Placing his hands behind his head Xi snapped up by pushing off of them to stand up straight. before delivering a series of fast strikes to the large myrian's torso. Somewhere between five and seven strike collided with his torso before he dropped like a brick and Xi finished the job with a firm punch to the myrian's temple, not killing him but ensuring he'd be out for at least two hours. Now Xi had full attention on the last the blond.

" Poaching is illegal in the spires, and right now your not exactly in the best of places. You must be really brave, or REALLY stupid." Xi watched the blonde slip free of hhis cloak and take a cutlass on one hand and the long knife from behind his back in the other. Great, Xi's first fight against someone who could dual wield blades. Xi fell into stance. and awaited the first move by the blond.
"Who are you to tell me what i can and cant do!, Those birds will make me rich, those are Star peacocks. There birds which are worth a fortune ot the right buyer. and your telling em i'm not allowed to take one? your more of a deluded giant than i thought. how about i cut you to size!"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on October 16th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Xi circled around to the left whilst the blonde man circled to the right now what was this man going to do ? Xi lifted his arms, relying on his vambraces to hold off the blades. Xi took a step forwards and found his right vambrace met with a lash from the man's cutlass. The sound of metal scraping against metal,the sound was ear splitting. Jumping back Xi slid across the ground his feet kicking up loose dirt. keeping his hands loose and his head clear was easy but something about this blonde was off, almost ss if he could feel no fer, nothing. Completely devoid of any emotion...Then that cutlass came down again, Xi rolled his left arm to deal with the blow before snapping his right arm into the blondes forearm. Trying to stop the lashing o the long knife.

"Tell me, why what is it you think you can do? i'm stronger than you." The blonde grinned from ear to ear as Xi felt himself being pushed back. how as this possible? Xi booted the blonde in the chest to try and gain some ground. Breathing a little heavily he watche dthe man for any trace of well anything. then within an instant the cutlass was comeing back down. This time Xi deflected the blow only just and watched the bade stick into the earth deep. Then it dawned on him , as he more or less leapt back from his opponent now. A flux user...Like him.
"Your a mage. And your using it to strengthen yourself aren't you?" With those words that smug shyke eating grin was wiped from the blondes face. This time it was Xi who closed the gap but he didn't let let a single motion go to waste stepping in on hsi right foot and blocking the cutlass with his right arm before trying to strike out at the blonde's throat. The blonde retreated. Looking very angry.

"So you know i'm a mage...Big whoopdy-doo it's not like your going to be alive to tell of it, i'm going to kill you wake the other two up and get out of here with my prize." During this little speach Xi had now managed to get his gauntlets on, the blades would be good for helping break that sword. Xi charged in again, this time he kicked in his own flux a little but only a trickle of power, he dint want to kill the blond only knock him out. XI pulled the djed into his right shoulder and into his left abdomen muscles for a sharp turning punch. He'd now brought himself into saying the little chant for the punch. "The daggers of an angry rain...Arrow black." Xi's left abdomen muscles contracted pulling his around and whirling his right arm up before the spring loaded bicep of his flux empowered right arm, sent his right fist spiralling out with a twisting motion to snap and punch the blond square in the chest. The crack that followed was audible as the blonde dropped to one knee letting go of both weapons, Xi had caught the man straight in the chest, directly over the sternum. The sickening crack was the sound of it fracturing under the force of Xi's flux fuelled punch and the weight of Xi's armour. Noting that the blond was now in too much pain to fight any more Xi called out as loud as he could . which given his considerable volume and the fact that when he whispered he was talking normally to most he yelled out loud. "CAN SOMEONE GET THE REST OF THE GUARD! I JUST CAUGHT SOME POACHERS!"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on October 16th, 2012, 4:52 pm

A short while later XI headed out of the guard house, before heading back on his rounds though he noticed something on the guards desk a single star peacock feather. Xi made an inquiry to the guard in the guard house. The jamoura responded with a simple grunt and the response.

"It's from the shrine of zintila, it's a thank you to the one who saved the peacocks. So i guess human...That's yours. An eye brow raised on Xi's face. That was something for him ? It was a feather? what was so special about it ? Xi smiled and waved his hand nonchalantly.
"It's fine i dont really need it, ive gotta get back on my rounds anyway, it;s a nice gesture but tell than i said thanks and that i appreciate it. Now i've gotta get back to work there might be more poachers out there..." And wiht that Xi left the guard house leaving behind a rather stunned jamoura and a almost priceless feather....

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Reaper on October 20th, 2012, 7:20 am

The Fruits Of The Harvest

Ximal :
Skill XP Rewarded
Climbing 1
Weapon: Crossbow 1
Unarmed Combat 2
Observation 3
Flux 1

Lores:
Knocking a Man Out Quietly
Combat: Fighting a Fellow Flux User
Combat: Using Vambraces to Block a Sword
Saving the Star Peacock
Work is its Own Reward

Other:
None

Notes:
A job thread with a very interesting concept. I was surprised that Xi did not accept the gift, at least for sentimental value. The man oozes honor.

Keep up the good work! Questions? Comments? Something important that I missed? Please feel free to PM me and we will discuss it. :)
Reaper
Fear Not

Words: 3929
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Race: Staff account
Office