Profession ideas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Profession ideas

Postby Veena on May 16th, 2010, 4:04 am

I want to make an Isur but I don't know if I want to be any type of smither or not. Any ideas on other types of profession an Isur would be good at? All suggestions welcom
Veena
Player

Words: 7522
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 3:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Profession ideas

Postby Kavala on May 16th, 2010, 4:05 am

They could be anything you wanted them to be. In all races, just because they are good at something doesn't mean they all do that. Each race needs cooks, seamstresses, warriors, artisans of all kinds, etc.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Profession ideas

Postby Veena on May 16th, 2010, 4:16 am

yea i know, just wanted suggestion based on an isur's natural skill. I stink at picking stuff like this and love to hear others opinions
Veena
Player

Words: 7522
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 3:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Profession ideas

Postby Alistair deGrey on May 16th, 2010, 4:41 am

Well the patron deity of the Isur grants a gnosis that enhances the structural integrity of things that you create. So usually anything that makes something would be more common. Of course, this does not really narrow it past things like chef, farmer, or sage. Any skill like pottery or blacksmithing is fair game for it though.

Here are some of the lesser used crafting skills you might find interesting,
Candlemaking
Armorer (I don't think I've seen any armorers on Mizahar)
Carving (We had a mask maker, but I don't think just a carver)
Etching
Tanning
Locksmithing

Just a few
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook