First Daughter (Hadrian)

Tock recruits Hadrian's help building her first female Automaton (don't ask what makes this one a 'she', cause I don't even know...)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

First Daughter (Hadrian)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on September 9th, 2012, 2:46 am

She listened carefully to the explanation, being quite fascinated by the intricacies of it. Tock was obsessed with magic, it was her life, it was her future. She needed everything she could in order to build her magnificent magic city. This was just a chance to learn one more thing that would help her with that.

She wasn't scared about him opening a vein. She wasn't worried about pain. But she did feel a moment's hesitation when he started talking about it entering every orifice. She wasn't quite sure she knew what the word 'orifice' meant (it was one of those big 'book-leaning' words she had never really picked up), but if it meant half of what she thought based on the context...

Well, that was a small price to pay for the power.

She trembled just a bit when his hands finally found the spot he wanted. Though the fact that it was only her elbow made her a lot more comfortable with the whole thing. For a moment she had expected he would make her take her pants off. She shook her head when he asked if she had questions, and simply said, "'Less 'ere's somethin' fer ya need me ta do, other than..." she shrugged, "stand 'ere an' take it..." It sounded like he would be doing all the work. She tried to separate her mind from the seemingly intimate implications, considering she didn't know him that well. Part of her felt like something this special, this personal, should be reserved for someone she was closer to.

But she was willing to do what she had to do.

"Let's go," she told him with a nod.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

First Daughter (Hadrian)

Postby Hadrian on September 9th, 2012, 3:44 am

He held her gaze awhile longer. "The one who initiated me offered no training, and I was lucky that I suffered no terrible calamities from practicing without a firm knowledge. If I am initiating you, then you should come to me with questions, or if you have problems with it. This magic can be used combatively, but I prefer to use it as a tool... Well, I will just have to trust that you use it responsibly. Here we go then. Just keep breathing..."

He placed the sharp point of the carving knife to her vein, finding that exact locale, then pressed carefully until he felt the carmine spark of power blossom at knife's point. He began to shimmer with res, his entire body extruding it quickly. Though it had taken a good deal of time to get a grasp on this discipline, he was rapidly mastering it.

But when her blood dribbled onto his hand, he considered it for a moment before continuing on. He would save that, use it to find her chavi. If she was going to have power because of him, he would have a way to keep track of her doings. He cleaned the point of the knife on the skin of that hand, then put it away, his nimbus of power growing steadily stronger. It was white undifferentiated res until he concentrated upon it, murmured a prayer to Semele, and felt it shift even as Tock herself could see the virescent power.

Under his will, the power began to flow off of him and over to her, mostly along the channel of his hand around her arm. Soon she was sheathed in his res, and it found its way into her body by any and all means, not harming, but certainly making her feel like a livewire, hairs on the back of her neck standing up, and a strange sort of tingling all over.

Well, perhaps she would enjoy part of this experience...
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

First Daughter (Hadrian)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on September 9th, 2012, 4:01 am

She really had no idea what to expect.

Being taught Auristics was done through simple meditation. She hadn't even realized at first that she was discovering it, since the initial sensations had felt more like blurred vision and her eyes playing tricks on her. Auras were just past the edge of normal sight, and it was just a matter of learning to harness one's Djed and push past that barrier.

Learning Animation, from the student's perspective, wasn't this personal either. There was a strong connection between her and each Automaton she created (she still dearly missed those she had made for others, wishing she had kept them for herself). But she had barely been aware of what her teacher had been doing during the process. He had been more like a mere guide, holding her steady while she learned to control the power.

This, though... this was something else entirely.

First it was a simple, sharp pain when he pierced her skin. Then a sense of wonder with an underlying moment of fear when she saw the white mist begin to emanate from him. When it started coming towards her, she almost flinched and pulled away, but she resisted the urge. Her breath caught as it began penetrating her from all over, causing her to tremble. Her body shook until she felt sure she would fall over, and she grabbed Hadrian's shirt, leaning heavily against him to keep from tumbling to the ground.

Uncertain what else to do, she just clung to him, trembling, whimpering, feeling like lightning was coursing through her, and wondering how long it would last...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

First Daughter (Hadrian)

Postby Arcane on October 25th, 2012, 9:45 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
+1 Reimancy
+1 Bodybuilding
+1 Teaching

Lores
Initiating Tock in Reimancy
Tock's Womanly Wiles
Helping Tock with her project
Cutty, Tock's Animated Tool

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
Pity it was aborted right at the juicy moment. I am aware that Hadrian has been using a lot more magic than what is reflected in the XP Awards List, but I'm sure that you're experienced/knowledgeable enough to know why the XP are as such. Do let me know if you wish to clarify/contend this :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous