Request for Development: Large Angry Sea-beasts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Galys on June 22nd, 2012, 6:58 pm

So since deciding that my character should be a Svenfra, I've come across the problem that the only sea monster I'm able to find is the one scary-big octopus. I think that it would be fantastic if, at some point, someone could create more sea creatures - part of the fun of being a sailor or one the open sea is being hunted and chased by unthinkably large death-monsters.

Really, I don't care if it's a lovecraftian fishbat with tentacles or a school of hyperintelligent sharks, I just feel that the oceans - even with the storms, giant octopi, and things from real life that are absolutely terrifying - don't feel terrifying enough.

Thanks to Pa'haite for the signature picture
Galys
That guy. The one with a boat.

Words: 20680
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 7:45 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 22nd, 2012, 7:48 pm

You need, as per instructed in the World Development forum, to post an outline for each creature you want to create IN THE HELP DESK.. and let us know how you are going to develop them. Then we give you approval to start. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Galys on June 23rd, 2012, 2:16 am

Ah, sorry about that - I'll get right on that ;P

Thanks to Pa'haite for the signature picture
Galys
That guy. The one with a boat.

Words: 20680
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 7:45 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Maringar on November 1st, 2012, 1:35 am

I have an idea for your sea monster Galys. How about a really big eel covered in blades or spines? It's principle form of attack would be brushing up against smaller prey, or wrapping around larger prey. Fully grown adults could spawn hundreds of little babies that might terrorize fishermen by jumping into their boat and cutting them to death. The threat of such creatures could convince pretty much any coastal city to mobilize against them, killing any mothers they could find.
Bonus: Eels look really scary.
Maringar
Player

Words: 7008
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 7:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet