The Thrills and Chills of Meeting New People (OPEN)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Elaine on May 10th, 2010, 1:30 am

Timestamp: Season of Spring, Day 6, 510 AV
Place: The Stone Garden

Too many people, too many, too many. Elaine sighed quietly to herself as she sat under an old, towering tree that cast a shadow that seemed to go on for miles. Syliras, such a large place. Syliras, a mixing bowl of races. You could come from anywhere, be anyone, and you’d fit just fine. So why couldn’t she just connect? Was there something genetically unstable about her, something that made it near impossible to befriend a living creature?

Dismay crept to her lips and pulled them into a frown, her eyes dull and lifeless as she skimmed the ground through half-closed eyes. Mocha mewed sympathetically, nudging Elaine’s arm with his fuzzy shoulder. It was almost as though he could feel her mood radiating from her little spot on the ground, just dripping with emotion. Why am I so useless, so…so unbelievably antisocial?

Mew, mewww. Mrawr? Mocha, you silly cat. Can’t you see I’m busy wallowing in my self-pity? Oh, Mocha…How I love you so. You never cease to pull me out of my own drowning abyss.

Sun rays danced and twirled as they bounced off of the tree’s leaves and stamped themselves as glowing leaflets on the ground. Branches rustled restlessly, gently caressed by the warm spring wind. Elaine could feel her mood lifting slowly, but enough so that she could pull herself out of her confining emotional rut.

She wanted to try. Oh, how she wanted try---to put herself out there, it couldn’t be too difficult. How could it be? A simple hello, a simple exchange of words? Now, how hard could it be to have a conversation with a total stranger? Oh, very difficult indeed. But she had to try.

”Mocha, today’s the day. Just you watch.”
Elaine
Catch a piece of the rain as it falls..

Words: 10391
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Deklan Enyalios on May 10th, 2010, 2:08 am

Deklan had been walking around the city, viewing the territory to which he had traveled to. He had ventured out from the Castle to view the others around the city. He was rather bored with himself lately, and he needed to start on his conquest to the top of the food chain. He knew that the only way to do that in this city was to be a Knight, but he was sure there will be ways around that. The people can't like being told what to do by some guy in plate armor...They want to elect their own officials, and Deklan will use that strife as his power base. They needed a false sense of democracy for Deklan to take over.

Deklan now was walking through the streets, dressed in simple clothing with his sword by his side. He had grown bored with the dull life of the castle and was not viewing the markets and buildings of Slyiras. He enjoyed the atmosphere, and more then everything else, the women. He has noticed that these women here are almost always beautiful and nice...Just the way he liked them. He smiled as he saw another one of them...With a cat. Deklan was not a big fan of animals of any kind but he might as well play along. He made sure that he was showing as much of his muscular and somewhat sweaty chest as possible, and he placed on his face the look which usually made the opposite sex, putty in his hands. While still donning the look at her, he smiled and said.

"You look quiet beautiful today. Almost better then the sky above us, aye? Haha! Your cat is also a charming looking animal!" Deklan said bending down to pet the cat lightly. He looked back up to her, still with the look.

"Hello, my dear. I am Deklan Enyalios."
Deklan Enyalios
Player

Words: 4423
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 10th, 2010, 3:09 am

Elaine glanced up from her patch of grass and narrowed her eyes in suspicion at the well-built man before her. Mocha hissed an unwelcome hello as he nearly doubled in size, fur expanding as it stood on edge. Elaine frowned, smacking the feral cat on the nose with the back of her hand. "Mocha, what did I tell you about being mean to strangers? Welcome the poor man properly." Easier said than done, of course. She was no better at welcoming strangers herself.

After giving her companion a light scolding, Elaine returned her gaze to the strange new man in front of her. His choice of clothing was curious, to say the least, and wasn't at all appealing. "......What are you doing here?" She wondered aloud, too confused to think an introduction was necessary. How often does a good looking man walk up to a young girl such as herself, anyways? What did he possibly want with a girl that couldn't get her priorities straight? "Don't you have better things to do than woo the ladies?"

My, what rude words. Why can't I speak to people like a normal person?

Mocha curled up in a ball beside the man and yawned sleepily, deeming him a worthy companion for Elaine to speak to. Although, if a problem were to arise, he'd be more than happy to sink his fangs into those large, sweaty muscles of his. Nothing juicier than the meat of a bodybuilder that knows his way around a gym.
Elaine

Character sheet

Postby Skylar on May 11th, 2010, 12:09 am

Skylar was dressed in a young blond male body, with glittering teeth and a nice smile. That body was wearing his usual array of moderately nice and somewhat out-of-date clothes and his long, very stylish coat. He was just going through the paces, breaking the body in and getting used to that 'new vessel' smell, when he heard Elaine's objection.

Now, Skylar didn't really care either way what the man and woman did, and her complaint effected him about as much as a dead fish. Slightly disgusting, but not particularly heart-warming.

Nevertheless, Skylar was nothing if not a master of good taste. And the absolutely atrocious pick-up lines the musclehead was trying were an affront to that, the only bastion of morality that still existed in his diseased mind.

He placed his hand, quite firmly, on Deklan's shoulder. His voice was thick and more than a little angry. "You're bothering the lady. Why don't you go take a walk?" Either the man would go quietly, or someone was about to get their ass kicked.

Skylar being that someone, obviously.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Italics are hypnotic suggestions.
Skylar
O Existence, Let Me Be Known!

Words: 30581
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 11th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Elaine grimaced as she saw a blond-haired male come striding into the scene. Ugh, more guys? She thought to herself and rolled her eyes with irritation. Unfortunately, she judged the newcomer too harshly, for she had no idea his motives were friendly.

She had a quick change of heart when she found that the man was sticking up for her. "Uhm, thanks for the rescue?" She replied timidly, not sure how else to respond. She hadn't had this much attention in quite a while, and so much of it at once was leaving her at a loss for words.

Mocha rolled lazily onto his back and replied to the situation with a high-pitched yawn and a quick flick of the tail. He was oblivious to the tension in the air, for obvious reasons, as the sun's rays were cradling him in a warm embrace that left him actionless and at ease.

ooc-- Short reply is short! Sorry, guys. ;n;
Elaine

Character sheet

Postby Skylar on May 13th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Skylar shrugged. "Sure, whatever." It was better to play things cool with shy girls like this lest they become intimidated. It was a basic idea that the muscleman had failed to grasp. When women were this wilting, this downright hard to talk to, they had their reasons for it. Direct compliments only embarrass them, it was better to go the roundabout route.

Skylar wasn't even sure what his intentions were. It was pretty clear what the meathead wanted with her. Skylar could see the appeal, even if he couldn't really act on it. So if that's not what he wanted with her, why wasn't he leaving after doing his requisite good deed?

Oh yeah, he was a sadist.

"Please don't get the wrong idea about Syliras. Most people aren't so... well, like that. I'm sorry, my name's Skylar." Once again, he avoided directly confronting her about anything. He didn't even ask her her name, but instead gave her the opportunity to introduce herself.

He knelt down to play with the cat. It was a good excuse to stick around with making her seem nervous. Ordinarily animals didn't like him, but a quick hypnotic suggestion did wonders against beasts, and soon the creature and he were fast friends.

Skylar

Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 14th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Elaine glanced over at the man whose name was 'Skylar'. After close examination, something was definitely off about him. Something that was incredibly unnerving. Something that raised the hair on the back of her neck and gave her the most unpleasant instance of goose bumps. His eyes were hypnotic and so brightly colored that she couldn't help but stare into them.

Mocha purred and nuzzled Skylar, not aware of the man's influence on his simple mind. All he knew was that this man was a Saint and that he was scratching in all the right places. Purrrrr, purrrr... He shuffled his feet lightly against the ground as he rolled onto his side to open himself up for an easier rubbing.

Elaine watched Mocha soak in all the attention and presence of Skylar. Well, if Mocha likes him...Maybe he's not all that bad. That cat is picky, very much so. He hates pretty much everyone. Yet he seems to like this fellow here. I'm still not sure, though. I won't make any quick judgments about him just yet. He has proven himself a kind man so far, but the hairs on the back of my neck beg to differ.

"Elaine." She replied simply, not really leaving much room for conversation.
Elaine

Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on May 14th, 2010, 6:51 pm

A break at last John thought as he made his way though the city. He did not have that long but long enough to see his sister who was on his mind as he had to tell her Jake came by the shop that Rose was looking for her. Why they could not tell her was past him.

He knew her places that she stayed so it was a bit easy for him to track her down but that made him sound like a hunter or stalker in some eyes but he did not care. It did not take long before he saw her crimson hair standing out in the sunlight but she was with another at least two people which seemed odd to him. She was not one to making friends.

He quickly limped towards the small gathering as he saw her cat rub along a man's hand which caught him off guard before he looked closer at the man. What stood out the most was the pale skin and black bags under his eyes as if he was bad at sleeping.

"Hello Dearest." John said as he moved to his sister's side. He left out the bit of the sister and the name leaving it open for her to pick and choose her words in the group for that was how he always said Hi in case she was giving a fake name or something along the lines of that.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Skylar on May 19th, 2010, 12:04 am

"Oh, excuse me." Skylar said, looking up at the newcomer. He made a few quick mental calculations about what the relationship between these two must be, and then completely ignored what he figured out. Perhaps that was for the best, as his intuition wasn't quite right. "I didn't realize she was yours, and here I was monopolizing her."

He then picked up the cat and, much to the furry little creature's confusion, handed it to John all while the most innocent of smiles was plastered upon his undead face.

"There is your 'dearest'. Don't worry, we in Syliras are a forward thinking bunch. There's no judgment here. All love is permitted." Skylar's innocent smile widened to face-splitting width as he stared at John. He asided to Elaine: "No account for taste on the cat's part, though." He whispered quietly enough for John to be unable to hear him.

Skylar

Character sheet