[Flashback] Looking Up {Rigil, Naomi}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Naomi on May 22nd, 2010, 8:12 am

With the lamps lit and the light keepers on their way down the path, Naomi finished piling her books and gazed at Rigil. Studying his face, she felt a grin tug at the edge of her lips. His face was interesting and memorable, and handsome from her perspective.

Naomi nodded at his explanation, her mouth opening slightly as her eyes widened in understanding. "Ahhh~, yes I understand. The landmarks are mostly used to just help pinpoint west or east, correct? Useful knowledge! I'd better start studying my geography."

Chuckling, she shook her head. "Rigil, I could care less if a man was strong. If he appreciates the world and Caihya's blessings, then...well, that is what I look for. And anyway-" she shrugged "-traveling is my passion. I doubt I'd be able to settle down long enough to start a family. Being with child for nine months could mean a loss of discovery."

Sitting crosslegged on the grass, she settled down comfortably and made sure her robe fell between her legs. Consequently, the her legs remained uncovered, letting the evening air kiss her pale skin softly. Summer was so beautiful at night, she thought, completely relaxed.

"Hmm, I have nothing against getting lost. I think of it as the Gods trying to show me something different." Naomi grinned. "When do you think you'll be leaving Zeltiva?"
Naomi
Player

Words: 35857
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 24th, 2010, 12:33 am

The passage of light which granted them both a sense of clarity, not hindered by the welling darkness by the absence of Syna provided Rigil with a sense of relief. It was evident he had been feeling uncomfortable in the darkness. While he watched Naomi intently while she piled her books, he nodded his head gently when she spoke.

“Yes, that’s correct,” he said, rubbing his chin. “It all comes down to your point of origin and being able to keep in mind our distance with the various landmarks around you.”

While he listened to Naomi speak, he took out a few nuts from his pouch and began munching on it, his set jaw moving around in a circular movement. He arched an eyebrow at her, hmming aloud while he considered her words.

“It is easy to love the Earth, but not so easy to protect it, I’m afraid,” he said slowly, this time gazing at the grass beneath him. He pulled a fistful of grass in his hand and then let it drop, swirling along in the wind until it landed all too gently upon the bed of emerald. “And yet, there is a determination and resolve in many people to protect the lands we live on. How frail we terrestrial creatures are indeed.”

He provided a light chuckle to part from his lips as he leaned back, stretching his arms.

“Yes, I can see how bearing a child would somewhat limit your ability to travel across Mizahar,” he said with a faint grin, staring at her. When she sat down, he eyed her intently, attempting to imagine her pregnant. A comical image seemed to appear in his thoughts and he attempted to not laugh. Naturally he failed and a laughter issued from his lips.

Shaking his had, he grinned at her again. “Getting lost is one thing, being found is something else, alas. Still, I tend to lose myself more than I am found. It is a sobering thought indeed. I’ll be leaving soon enough. There’s not much for me here. I still have much to learn before I wish to admit myself into the university here.”

He spoke quickly, attempting to divert her away from his seemingly random laughter. Rolling his shoulders, he then began to tap his scribe box, beating up a rhythm which he had learnt from the Vanthans.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Words: 40544
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2010, 10:27 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Previous