Rigil Kentaurus

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Rigil Kentaurus

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 13th, 2010, 3:44 am

Rigil Kentaurus

Name: Rigil Kentaurus

Ethaefal Birthday & Age: 25th Day of Summer, 503 AV; 7 years old.

Human Life & Age: 21 years old

Birth - 13th day of Fall, 435 AV

Death - 35th day of Winter, 456 AV

Ethaefal:

Eyes: Green
Height: 6’ 4” (193 cm)
Weight: 170 lbs (77 kg)
Skin: Shimmering shade of gold
Winter colors: Hair - Pale brown; Horns -Forest green
Fall colors: Hair - Deep red; Horns - Gold
Spring colors: Hair - Shades of blonde; Horns - spring green
Summer colors: Hair – Pale brown touched by gold; Horns - white

Human:

Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’6” (168 cm)
Weight: 140 lbs (63 kg)
Skin: Fair skinned with semblances of a tan
Hair: Dark brown

Appearance

Within the embrace of the warmth of the sun, the lingering heat is absorbed into Rigil’s shimmering gold skin, a lucid form of surreal corporeality. It is this appearance which strikes at the core of his figure. His eyes are deep, manifesting in the earthly green which belies the celestial realm from which he has been derived from.

Standing at the height of six feet and four inches, he certainly is an average figure among his race. Nevertheless, there is some semblance of wisdom that is pronounced in his stature. Along with his figure is his slightly average weight of one hundred and forty pounds. He manifests that weight as though he was thinner, seemingly to move around in a wiry, almost agile manner.

The main appreciation of his physique though, as is regular with his race, are his horns and his hair. Appropriated through the season and constantly at flux during the transitions, it provides Rigil with a certain unpredictability within his character. And yet, his transitional features certainly improve his appearance, providing its own unique touches which manifests in his beauty. His horns curve backwards, as though in a gesture of peace and defence.

Yet as the Sun recedes from its domain, as the darkness creeps up in tendrils across the vast sky, Rigil’s form shifts into a physical manifestation of his previous life of a human. Shortened and reduced, he becomes a man young of age, short of stature, yet certainly those same eyes of intelligence, replaced by the deep darkness of the brown, does not shift the weight of intelligence.

With cropped brown hair and a set jaw, he is passably handsome; his features certainly less refined though than his Ethaefal form. It is customary for him to be found wearing a broad-rimmed hat, light coloured woollen garments, mainly blue, white, silver and grey. With sturdy leather shoes, it is evident he is an avid traveller.

Along with a crudely crafted walking staff is his scribe box he wears, a leather strap carried over his shoulder. It is evident he is a scholar, yet a young man, with patches of facial hair dotted around his facial countenance.

Behaviour

It is usual for some polaroid shifts of change to be apparent between an Ethaefal and its counterpart. Nevertheless, Rigil seems to have maintained little change from his previous life of a human. He is certainly less wont to speak in discussions unless he is sure he offers something positive to it. Yet the quiet mannered scribe seems to always weigh his words carefully. However, there are at times when he simply speaks for the sake of speaking, providing an insight into the annoying side of his manners.

As a scribe, he must maintain his composure and keep to himself. The forcible nature comes to the fore when he finds himself or people he tends to care about in danger. Nevertheless, this is not a surety, for there is a cowardice streak within him. He is afraid of fear itself, which manifests in his mind as dreams and nightmare that collide together during his slumber as a human.

The scholary nature though is evident in both of his forms. He is keen to learn, always maintaining a desire to gain new insight into the mechanisms of life and reality, of the world from which he ventures into. His curiousity also brings about his charming nature, at ease with speaking with new faces and being rather social.

History

Account of the Past of Rigil Kentaurus –

I write this because I cannot sleep. The sunlight is a warmth upon my body which cloaks me in its own comforting embrace. I feel full and satisfied, knowing that my vocation is something which can come to pass without any major encumbrance. Nevertheless, my dreams are beyond the psychological meanings that I can usually derive. No...I am afraid of the unknown, the fear of not knowing who I truly was.

There are spectres of images I see. Large dark, almost animalistic figures seem to be perpetual in my insights into the past. What they are, I do not know, but there is a creeping familiarity I find in them. I see books. Too many to count and the store of knowledge I find myself is all too much for me. So it is that I perhaps will never truly gather my past life. Most would say it is not my responsibility but I say...if those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it...then am I among them? Will I make the very mistakes of my previous life?

These are questions which I cannot answer. I should not, some say, but I disagree.

Nevertheless, it has been seven years since my descent into Mizahar. The first year was chaotic, a year where I could only grasp at tendrils of concepts which I had desired to become. I finally found myself on my second year and restored my faith in myself as a seemingly devout and intelligent scholar. So these past five years I have been travelling around various outlying villages as a scribe, assisting those who do not read or write and at times, I would teach them too when I could.

So it is now as it was five years ago. Little has changed in my life and I desire it in this manner. The permeative waves of change only deter me from my own reaching goal of striving to gain as much knowledge as possible. So I truly wish for my stable life to portray itself completely.

Training

Projection (Magic): 10
Astronomy (Skill): 10
Writing (Skill): 10
Intelligence (Skill): 10
Rhetoric (Skill): 20

Lores

Lore of history of the Ethaefal
Lore of Syna & Leth
Common Language
Kontinese

Assets

 1 Waterskin
 One scribe box containing incomplete scribal accessories given by his former mother, which includes:
- One worn out eagle feathered quill
- An empty bottle of ink
- Tattered parchments
- A letter from Rigil’s mother
 1 Backpack which contains:
 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
 Food for a week
 1 eating knife
 Two Flint & Steel
 One large tent
 One large tarp
 One hundred feet of rope
 One lanter
 Two torches
 Bedroll
 Blanket
 Fishing tackle & hooks
 Full set of tack
 Large set of saddlebags

Clothings:

 Cotton White shirt
 Woolen blue trousers
 Woolen blue cloak
 Black leather boots

Horse:

Windrunner
Size: 15hh
Color: Dapple Grey
Purpose: Riding
Location: Taldera Region - Native to Avanthal, Rare but possible to find outside Taldera.
Value: 50 gm
Special Abilities: Though somewhat fragile, these animals are the fastest on Mizahar. People often profess they run between the earth and sky, without setting their hooves to the ground. And while this is not true, Windrunners can generate sustained speeds of anywhere from 20-30 mph and hold them for long periods of time on even ground. They are not as fast as Striders in Cyphrus, because those animals are magically created, but anywhere else or in multiple weather conditions, Windrunners are the key for high speed travel. Messengers favor these animals.

Ledger

One hundred gold rimmed mizas
Last edited by Rigil Kentaurus on May 29th, 2010, 8:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Words: 40544
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2010, 10:27 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Rigil Kentaurus

Postby Khiara on May 13th, 2010, 10:31 am

we totally have to 'meet'! Greetings fellow aussie
Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Rigil Kentaurus

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 14th, 2010, 12:16 am

Thanks, Khiara. I really hope we can meet up soon too. :)
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Rigil Kentaurus

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 14th, 2010, 12:18 am

Thread List

25th Day of Summer, 503 AV - A Sinking Star

2nd Day of Summer, 508 AV - Looking Up

3rd Day of Summer, 508 AV - Midday at the garden of goat and evil

32nd Day of Summer, 509 AV - Scrolls and Stones

34th Day of Summer, 509 AV - Encounter of the Two Stars

74th Day of Spring, 510 AV - Admission of a Scribe

74th Day of Spring, 510 AV - University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

74th Day of Spring, 510 AV - Professor Stonemiller

81st Day of Spring, 510 AV - Whither Now
Last edited by Rigil Kentaurus on May 29th, 2010, 7:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet

Rigil Kentaurus

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on May 14th, 2010, 3:55 am

Rigil Kentaurus Questionnaire

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Rigil Kentaurus

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No.

3. How old are you? Twenty One

4. What is your height? Ethaefal - 6'4"; Human - 5'6"

5. What is your weight? Ethaefal - 170 lbs; Human - 140 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I see myself as a wise, yet lonely figure, traveling the lands to assist those who wish to learn from me.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Most people would believe I’m some kind of hermit. My race also seems to be a pivotal feature when people think of me, as though they do not wish to speak to me out of deference. I confess, that does amuse me.

3. What is your favorite body feature? My hair.

4. How physically fit are you? Averagely so. I get tired in my human form much more easily though.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Nothing too fancy. Necessity dictates that I must wear clothes which do not hinder me from moving around. Loose garments are usually worn. Brown or black trousers, white or grey dappled shirts. At times, even a vest. Usually though I wear my blue cloak and hood.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? As an Ethaefal, I do not have any parents, per se, unless one counts the Goddess Syna. In my previous life, I was a human and my mother was a devotee to the Goddess Eyris.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? None.

3. What is your extended family like? I do not have one.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I tend to make sure no one becomes my close friend at all.

5. Do you treat animals like family? If Synaree counts, then yes, she is certainly my family.

1. Where were you born? As a human, I believe I was born somewhere near Zeltiva. As an Ethaefal, I fell into the cold oceans of the Taldera.

2. Where do you live now? I wander around.
   3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Zeltiva

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Zeltiva and Mura

5. Where do you fear to be? Any of the wild, unsophisticated lands of danger.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I tire easily.

2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak fluent Common and Kontinese. I have no inflection or accent though. My verbosity is rather formal, to be sure.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I tend to tap my foot a lot on the ground, scratch my chin or click my tongue. Old habits die hard, I fear.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? No, I do not wish to. Why ruin someone else’s creation?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Journeyman Scribe.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? Definitely like it. I am skilled in it and also desire to learn from others too.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A University scholar and professor.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Become a renowned mage of Projection. Be able to teach others and manifest great control over it.

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Soldiering is a respected art, but not something I would like to do.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Inquisitive and curious.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? When my former human mother gave me a scribe kit. I still have it.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood? When I fell over the cliff and lost sight of my mother.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I was extremely close to my mother. No one else.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My mother, who taught me practically everything I know.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? As a historian, I studied the history of my race and the lore of my Gods.

2. Do you like/dislike learning? I desire learning.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? I learn most of my skills during my journeyman days, learning as I went along. I met up with various other scribes who taught me writing, rhetoric and intelligence. I also met a mage who taught me Projection.
   4. How do you learn best? History.

5. What are your educational goals for the future? To learn more of the world as a whole as well as Projection.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. I know that of all the creations, we are fickle, greedy of gain and hypocritical.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No, people tend to lie too easily.
   3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes, a fair human maiden had caught my eye in the village and I courted her.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. It was with this maiden that I fell in love with and we both did it for the first time. It was romantic, yet now it is a simple bittersweet moment.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. No. I maintain control over myself at all times.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Only occasionally.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Beer, wine or ale

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No, I have not tried drugs, though I hear there are some which bring about a greater sense of clarity.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. One must think of these and use them in moderation. Certainly there are positive applications for it, yet most tend to abuse it.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Writing, reading, riding.

2. Do you like to read? Yes.

3. What annoys you more than anything else? Ignorant people.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Reading in the sun.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? The normal kind, cannibalism, incest, open sexuality. I tend to live a rather traditional life, to be sure.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Blue.

2. What is your favorite time of day? Midday.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The Sunrise.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like to eat roast meat. I do not like eating any raw meat of any kind.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like a sunny day. I do not like lightning and storms because when I entered this realm, it was the first thing to embrace me and I feared for my life.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic

2. What are your religious views? I live to serve Syna, Leth as well as Eyris.

3. Would you be able to kill? Probably not.
   4. What are your views on sex? Mutual sexual pleasures must be important.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? To be able to set goals for yourself and reach every single one of them.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst thing I have done is destroy a scholar’s private library back in the Spires when I was a human by igniting a fire. The best thing was when I finally was able to become a fully fledged journeyman scribe.

2. What is your greatest regret? To live so short a life as a human and not be able to learn more.

3. What is your best/worst memory? My best memory is when my mother handed me her scribe kit. My worst memory is when I fell off a cliff and seeing my mother reaching out for me, though she seemed to go further and further away.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? To perhaps live a longer life as a human and be loyal to my mother.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Finally embracing the magic of Projection and becoming a Historian.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I tend to speak in a neutral manner, trying not to convey too much of my emotions.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I judge people by those who seek knowledge and those who do not.

3. What makes you happy? Learning something new.
   4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would die to preserve a storage of knowledge.

5. What makes you angry? Seeing people destroy a library or some education institution. When people who are ignorant do not learn from their mistakes.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Respectfully.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? No one at this time, though my mother was in my previous life.
   3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? The teachers and historians.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No, I have none. I would wish my ideal lover to be passionate about her vocation, her life as well as be able to very intelligent. Her mind must be beautiful.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No I do not trust anyone as of yet.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Avoid conflict.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Yes.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Not really, though I do understand it tends to happen with me often.

4. Do you care what others think of you? Not really, no.

5. What do you think of others, in general? That people are very fleeting in their choices and ideas. It is rare to see a stable mind.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My silver tongue.

2. What is your greatest weakness? My lack of skill in weapons.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would desire to fly and have wings.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Generally introverted, though I tend to be social nonetheless.

5. Are you generally organized or messy? Definitely organised.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Syna and Eyris.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Ivak. His ability to destroy things would turn everything upside down again. Rhysol, who wallows within the shades of treachery and promotes ignorance.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? None.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? To any lengths, though moreso to Eyris than Syna.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? To kill an innocent life, to destroy artefacts of historic quality including knowledge. To dabble in the mists of evil.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? The desire to learn as much as I can.

2. What is the best part of life? To meet others and exchange ideas.

3. What is the best part of death? To find oneself satisfied and to rest.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? To die at peace with oneself and in old age, finally attaining all goals.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Writing various books that would change the course of history.
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Character sheet