Quest Where Shadows Fall

Ignotus Everto. Trickery and Deceit.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Where Shadows Fall

Postby Paragon on December 6th, 2012, 11:31 pm

"You misunderstand me if you think me interested by failed God's fragments and mundane quarrels. But still..."

Without warning the God's arm outstretched, his hand landing on Ignotus' chest. Right above his heart, on the dead flesh that wasn't his own, the Nuit felt a cool sensation run through his mind. To feel was to embrace the unknown for the Nuit. He knew something happened there, though he would have to lift his clothes and look himself to see the swirling blue sigil that looked different from whatever angle one perused it.

"When your... quest is over, I have one of my own for you. There is a man named Anar Dufarro. He has that which you do not - a warm, beating heart. And he has something else. A small box he always keeps on his person. I task you with getting that box - without Anar knowing of your treachery. Time is irrelevant to me - so do not feel that mortal sense of 'urgency' where I am concerned. He lives in the region you now call Sylira, though you must discover his more precise whereabouts. I will know if you have passed or failed my little... task."

Sagallius turned to walk away, sneering in a crescent mouthed fashion. He always enjoyed a good game.

"As for the fragment of our most pitiful Sylir... I would advise against taking sides. Your mind can work out the rest, I believe, Nuit."

The Archmage began to walk away, his form slowly tapering out into nothingness. The silence returned to the woodland, except for the small animals that curiously crept back out from their hiding places.

Ignotus was left alone with his mark.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Where Shadows Fall

Postby Ignotus Everto on December 6th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Sagallius' remark was worrying to the Hypnotist. Did that mean he had offended the deity?

Ignotus' inferior undead reflexes meant that he registered the touch on his chest almost immediately after Sagallius had removed his hand. The feeling was... Curious. Like cool water. While he wanted to examine his chest to see what exactly had happened then and there, the God had begun to speak again. Ignotus paid rapt attention to his deity's words, as well as his warning. The Nuit nodded once to show that he had understood.

Once The Puppeteer had begun to walk away, Ignotus lifted his shirt. A curious blue optical illusion, apparently. He would have to experiment to see what it did. But for now, it would be prudent to return to his old task. He had two hundred more pigeons to collect before he went to the isle, after all...

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Where Shadows Fall

Postby Paragon on December 20th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Ignotus Everto

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Investigation 1
Tactics 3
Acrobatics 1
Reimancy 2
Rhetoric 2
Philosophy 2

Lores
Lore Earned
Danger in the Shadows
Amusement in Manipulation
Using Light to Fight the Shadow
Sagallius Hrinn: The Puppeteer God
Gods are Unconcerned with Mortal Affairs
Anar DuFarro: Resides in Sylira
Anar DuFarro: Keeper of the Box
Anar DuFarro: Target of Treachery
Cordas: The Mark of Sagallius

In Addition: 1 Cordas Gnosis Mark

Legend Becomes Reality

Though it wasn't particularly long, I think we covered a lot all the same. I enjoyed writing with you: setting fire to the treetops was genius and totally outsmarted my mod plans, so kudos for that! Enjoy your mark, and don't forget the task Sagallius has set you. I'll pop all the details in your SS thread :) If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can work from there.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous