[Flashback] Two Students Meet {Hadrian, Naomi}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Naomi on May 20th, 2010, 6:39 pm

"Well," she thought. "I'm a singer, for one. If you're interested in singing lessons, that would be relatively simple to set up. As for academics..."

A pause.

'I suppose my interests are in Auristics. I'm a beginner, of course. Started my first year here," Naomi gave a sheepish grin. "But I could teach the basics, to be sure. Since fumbling with it won't cause too much of a fuss among teachers...and, well, it isn't as dangerous as Reimancy, then I can help with that. If that's alright, of course."

She shrugged, leaning back in her chair. "Other than that, there isn't much else I could teach."
Naomi
Player

Words: 35857
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 20th, 2010, 8:04 pm

"You'll be better than I am with the auristics," he said, suddenly brightening. "I'm taking a workshop with Professor Oslie, and I managed to See... but it's fuzzy. I don't see any detail, and I'm still trying to figure out what all the colors mean. I have a book for that, but she says one thing and some other books say other things so I'm getting confused. I'm not sure if it's a science or an intuitive art, you know?"

He paused and made a mental note to keep his volume in check.

"But I would trade lessons in nader-canoch for lessons in auristics, even if you aren't an expert, you're probably better than I am at this point."

Hadrian wouldn't be caught dead singing.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Naomi on May 21st, 2010, 5:44 am

"Oh, really?" she answered cheerfully. "Professor Oslie is wonderful. But...yes, it's a little confusing at first and I still find myself a little perplexed every once in a while. Forever learning, hm?" Chuckling, Naomi ran a hand through her hair, obviously excited with their meeting. "I like to believe everyone understands the auras in a different way...or the auras change to reflect what information we're trying to find..."

Shaking her head, she shrugged. "But all I know is that I love it. Auristics is difficult, yes, and a little bit of a science-" she winked "-and a little of an art."

The acceptance of auristics lessons for payment caused Naomi to nod and grin. "Oh, I'm no expert! That's for sure," she giggled. "However, that sounds like a great bargain."

Holding out her hand for another handshake, she looked into his bright, beautiful eyes and found herself elated.

"Study buddies?"
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on May 21st, 2010, 6:00 am

"Study buddies," he agreed, reaching out to shake her hand again. He offered a crooked smile. "And I wouldn't say I'm fluent in Nader-canoch, but I'm not bad at it."

Then, just to see if he could do it without the book in front of him, he tried to shift his vision over to that auristic augmentation, but all he managed was to go a little cross-eyed. With another rueful smile, he wondered if she had caught his failed attempt at auristics. Well, that was why he now had a tutor.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Naomi on May 21st, 2010, 6:08 am

Watching him, she almost laughed aloud when he crossed his eyes slightly. She knew that look. She had been scolded many times by her instructors in the past for that same expression. Shaking her head playfully, she gave Hadrian a wide smile.

"I think we both have quite a bit of work to do."
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Naomi on May 21st, 2010, 8:31 am

~LE FIN~
Naomi
Player