Zeke Talbane [Plot Notes]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Zeke Talbane on December 14th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Some of the Basics First:
Full Name -- Zeke Talbane

Meaning of Name -- Zeke is a family name passed on by an uncle.

Nickname -- Preacher

Birth Date -- Spring 31 487AV

Birth Place --Sunberth

Age --25

Race --Human

Hair Color -- Black

Hair Style -- Kept long, straight, and combed.

Shape and Features of Face -- Egged shape facial structure, generally kept clean shaven.

Eye Color -- Icy, cold, blue.

Skin Tone -- Pale

Scars or Distinguishing Marks -- A scar just below his lower lip that travels down over the crest of the jaw bone and almost toward the neck.

Disabilities -- A leg that did not heal properly after the bone was broken. He uses a cane but can walk and stand decently without it.

Build or Body Type -- Lithe but cut

Height -- 5' 11"

Weight -- 180LBS

Speech Patterns --Eloquent, hardly ever harsh.

Tag Words -- Well that is unfortunate. Spooky. Life is a stage performance, make it count. Praise the lord, he is only an idiot.

Gestures -- Has a habit to speak with his entire body. Sometimes spoken word is unneeded as it is expressed through his body.

Weakness -- Men, he has a wandering eye for them. His arrogance is also another larger fault.

Special Abilities or Powers -- Natural showman.

Family and Childhood:
Mother -- Sarah Talbane

Father -- Jeffery Talbane

Mother's Occupation -- Entertainer, Assassin, Intelligence Peddler.

Father's Occupation -- Entertainer, Assassin, Business man, Larceny

Family Finances -- Deception and contract work.

Birth Order -- Starting from oldest sibling. Paul Talbane, Zeke Talbane, Sarah Talbane

Brothers -- Paul Talbane Entertainer, Muscles, Business man, Larceny.

Sisters -- Intelligence, entertainer, financing, pick pocketing.

Other Close Family -- Zeke Berns distant uncle, introduced the performing group to the black market.

Enemies --

Pets -- None, but a dog would be preferable.

Popular or Loner -- Eccentric Loner

Important Experiences or Events -- The deterioration of his family due to greed.

Health Problems -- He smokes.

Religion and beliefs -- The entire family adopted Rhysol as their patron god.

Your Character's Character:
Bad Habits -- Nail biting when nervous, gullibility.

Good Habits -- Organization, hygiene, family man.

Best Characteristic -- Optimism, Calmness.

Worst Characteristic -- Sociopathic.

Worst Memory -- The eyes his brother gave him as he lay dying.

Best Memory -- Entering Ravok

Proud of -- His accomplishments.

Embarrassed by -- His events of pass and his sexuality.

Strong Points -- Determination, loyalty, sense of family orientation and community.

Temperament -- Calm, but at times can be quite strange.

Attitude -- "You aren't my enemy unless there is reason shown to me to believe otherwise." Generally no beefs with anyone.

Weakness -- Trusting until he is betrayed.

Fears -- Amounting to nothing meaningful in life.

Phobias -- Water where he can't see the bottom. Situations that he doesn't have much control over.

Secrets -- His loyalties, if you know he is loyal to you then that is all you need to know.

Regrets -- Killing his brother even if it was Paul or Zeke to come out alive.

Feels Vulnerable When -- In situations that he doesn't feel he has enough fingers in to gain leverage on things.

Pet Peeves -- People who hold themselves above others when they belong in the same social group. That is his job.

Motivation -- Spread the good word of Rhysol and hopefully sway people into thinking about a union of the cities.

Short Term Goals and Hopes -- Be accepted into the Black Sun and aid their goals.

Long Term Goals and Hopes -- Become a Druvin of Rhysol.

Sexuality -- Gay

Exercise Routine -- Jogging, lifting.

Day or Night Person -- Either one, but I prefer the day. I can see the people's faces better.

Optimist or Pessimist -- Optimist.

Likes and Styles:
Music -- In character he adores singing as well as many stringed instruments.

Foods -- Spices galore and not much meat as well. Potato is the universal cure all for him, like soul food.

Drinks -- Mead and wine, yes please.

Animals -- Dogs are such loyal animals, I love them.

Social Issues -- A man with blood on his mind and soaked into his soul has many social issues as he attempts to fit in and be just a common busker.

Favorite Saying -- Petch, these motherpetchers with a petching ten foot pole. Petch!

Color -- Dark green, browns and blacks.

Clothing -- I find myself cold even in the middle of summer in the forest. I prefer long clothing that covers my body.

Jewelry -- The bridge of his nose is pierced.

Greatest Want -- Companionship to accompany him in his preaching of Rhysol's good word.

Greatest Need -- To forever be in the bright shining light of Rhysol.

Where and How Does Your Character Live Now:
Home -- In a modest apartment near the Docks of Ravok.

Household furnishings -- Simple and open. A bit of odd artificats decorating the room.

Favorite Possession -- I own a human skull, my first actual killing that was lead by myself.

Most Cherished Possession -- My journal, which holds my philosophies as well as secrets to some of my favorite deceptions and sleights.

Neighborhood -- The Docks

Town or City Name -- Ravok

Children -- Adoption would be lovely at a later date.

Relationship with Family -- It was very good, up to the very end.

Dream Life -- Official propaganda performer for Rhysol.

Love Life -- Fleeting!

Sexual Turn Ons -- Urm, that is for people to guess.

Sexual Turn Offs -- No fat chicks. (Kidding) You'll know if it is a turn off.

Hobbies -- Sleight of Hand...lil torture on the side but, that is neither here nor there.

Guilty Pleasure -- A good pound of cheese with some wine and crackers. <3

Talents or Skills -- They've said I had a real good way with words and that I had a natural draw to me while on a soap box. I'm also very good with my sleight of hand.

Your Character's Life Before Your Story:
Past Careers -- Busking and assassins family.

Past Lovers -- I wouldn't call them lovers, more like one night stands.

Biggest Mistakes -- Denying any of the family's dysfunctional behavior.

Biggest Achievements -- Leaving Sunberth and making it to Ravok.

a) If you could have two whole weeks for vacation and go and do anything you wanted, what and where would it be?

If I had two weeks of vacation in which I had unlimited funding and a way to transport myself across land in a flash, I'd choose to visit a city that I've only heard of, Alvadas. I hear it is land of illusion, and not just petty tricks like I do but real magic that comes from the human's body. It would be lovely to pick up some knowledge about it.

b) If you had a weakness for one of the seven deadly sins, which one would it be and why? (pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, sloth)

Hmm this is a difficult one because I see no faults in myself. I'd suppose that would mean Pride.

c) If you could bring one person back to life and spend a whole day with him or her, who would it be and why?

I would choose Paul my brother. I would want to spend one last day with him knowing that he will die by the end of the day. We parted on horrible terms and I'd give just about anything to patch that up.

d) If you won a three-million dollar lottery, what would you do with the money? What would you do with a five-hundred dollar win?

Donate it to the temple of my choosing. The Temple Of The Black Sun has been hit with horrible, destructive, forces.

e) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Maybe I could use a bit more balk? I am a tad scrawny!

f) What do you do to relax after a bad day?
Find wine, sit near an open fire and drink. All the while let my mind wander to those dark places that most deny having. Let my mind go on a wild killing spree and allow my built of stress to be relieved that way.

g) Where would you go to hang out if you wanted to feel comfortable?
I'd go to the temple, any temple really, and have a seat. Temples usually mean sanctuary and that comforts me.

h) What do you do when you are angry?
Hold it inside. That can be a bad thing though, sometimes it will bubble up and explode like a volcano. You don't want to be around to see it.

i) Do you have a secret passion? What? Why is it a passion? And why is it a secret?
I wouldn't call it a passion, however I would love to learn how to play a Gamba. The soft and wide spectrum of sounds, oo I could just listen to it for hours at a time.

j) How do you feel in a crowd? How do you feel alone?

I am okay with crowds, but prefer to keep my company to maybe one or two others at most.

k) If you were asked to describe yourself, what would you say about the kind of person you are? How about how you look?

A dreamer, simply a dreamer.

m) A tear jerker is on. How do you react if alone? How do you react if with others?

If I were to watch a play that tugs on the heart strings, I would cry. I am an emotional person at times.

n) Deep down, what does you really think of yourself? Are you fair, moral, honest, ect...?
I'd consider myself fair.

o) What do you think would make a perfect first date?
A long discussion on the passion my partner has towards Rhysol. Maybe purchase a bottle of wine and drink it all in a gondola. Get close when it gets chilly, then see where it goes from there.

p) How important is money to you? Why?
It is a necessity in life, but not very important to me.

q) What do you consider romantic?
Slapping my face and calling me a whore. No, no, I kid. See question o.

Zeke Talbane
Jester

Words: 13579
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zeke Talbane on December 15th, 2012, 5:27 am

Height: 5' 11"
Origins: Birthed Sunberth

Skills:

Busking, Rhetoric, Blade combat, knife throwing, sleight of hand.
Zeke Talbane
Jester

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zeke Talbane on December 25th, 2012, 2:43 am

Zeke Talbane and Isabel Talbane, a couple in busking, who earned their income doing unusual feats and experiments of the human body. A sideshow of sorts, this busking pair enjoys to think up different ways to deceive people. Deception is the name of the game as the duo continues to blur the lines of reality and make even the greatest mages question whether or not the pair has stumbled upon some hidden, lost, discipline of magic.

Behind the entertaining acts they perform for Ravokians and visitors alike is something a bit darker, what it is no one really knows.
Zeke Talbane
Jester

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zeke Talbane on December 28th, 2012, 2:23 am

Actual Plot notes!

Bones are gaining some meat

Zeke Talbane

Was an eccentric person during his youth. When performing, he goes by the name Saber Firewarden. Puzzles, and the odd, macabre peaked his interest. A natural talker, he often felt his words had gone either unheeded or were drown out by others. The family treated him as a child in the philosophy of Children are meant to be seen and not heard. But it wasn’t until he went to a local festival and watched a busker work a crowd that he felt he found an output that he could be heard from.

Jacob Flanagan

Son to a doctor, Jacob goes by the stage name of Grim. At a very young age he’d follow his father around as he documented organ placements within the human body. He became desensitized to dead bodies and also became interested in his own. His father once told him that the human body is a remarkable thing and because of this Jacob began to push his bodies limits. A thrill seeker and hyper young man, he became fascinated by what Zeke began to do as he busked for a small audience. After Zeke collected hat he walked up and began a lifelong relationship.

Valentine Lendor
Symenestra daughter adopted into a very conservative family. She performs under the name of Victoria Jackal. She hated dressing like a proper lady and instead prefers to dress in a more masculine style. She’d often wear such clothing under her dresses to her dance lessons and ditch the class to go play with the boys. A friend of Jacob’s she meets Zeke through him.

PLOT OUTLINES: DETAILED
I. The beginning focuses on the childhood of the three close friends. This will include a defining of their personality, flaws, life problems, interests, life interests, themes of growing up, neglect, and general kid problems. ___________________________________________________________________
A. A foreshadow of what these three become later in their life starts the story out hopefully giving some mystery and drive to have readers continue reading to find out what is going on. Also the introduction to Valentine Lendor. ___________________________________________________________
1. Readers are introduced to Valentine Lendor during her early teens. Establish, family problems as well as forced hobbies. ______________________________________________________
a. During class she ditches and changes into some play clothing and meets up with Jacob. A brief introduction of Jacob and then the two go to play in the city.
b.Valentine’s parents finds that she had left dance class and begin to search for her. When they finally do, they blame Jacob for corrupting their little girl before verbally punishing Valentine in front of the town as she is literally dragged back to her home. ________________________________________________
2. Zeke sits alone in the yard of his home. A riddle written in the ground in front of him seems to have kept the kid occupied for most of the day. His father returns home and he greets him happily. However, his father seems to be more interested in what was for dinner.
B. Zeke never allowed to leave the safety of the house perimeter is left alone to his own devices once more. While alone he begins to entertain himself. While doing so he unwittingly begins to practice a bit of sleight of hand. ____________________________________________________________
1.The day continues and Zeke finally goes outside. A new view greets him as the city of Alvadas has changed once more. Jacob and Valentine are in the area and invite Zeke out to play with them. Zeke is reluctant at first but soon leaves with them. ______________________________________________________
2.While out in the city, the trio show Zeke around who had rarely seen the outside of his home. It was amazing and shocking to him just how fun and different the world was. They play for a bit until they hear a loud gong-like sound coming from the center of a market ______________________________________________________
C.The trio are drawn to a busker, whose voice seemed to draw all those around him closer. It was an amazing sight as Zeke watched the man perform. It was then the seed of what Zeke wanted to do was planted. ____________________________________________________________
1.Zeke returns home before his father is able to find out that he had been missing. At night he dreams of his future, whether it is delusional or not. ______________________________________________________
a. Zeke sneaks away from his home again and goes to a weapon’s smiths. It is here that he buys his first set of throwing daggers.
b. Zeke is taught a few tricks such as how to throw the blades and proper technique. He was also taught how to sharpen the edge and maintain his daggers. ________________________________________________
c. Zeke begins to practice, the delusion of grandeur fresh on his mind. ________________________________________________
2. Jacob and Valentine go back to Zeke’s house in search of him. They wait for his father to leave before they search for him. ______________________________________________________
D. Jacob and V, follow the sound of subtle grunts as well as the dull thud against wood. They find Zeke near the woods practicing throwing knives. ____________________________________________________________
1. Zeke explains to the two his dream and passion, which they were at first hesitant to get behind. But after some time, they slowly begin to come around to the idea.
2.Whether it be just a young dreamer’s dream. The trio begins to think and dream about what they wanted to be if they were a busker. Jacob thinks back to what his father always says, “The human body is an extraordinary thing.” ______________________________________________________

End of Part 1
Zeke Talbane
Jester

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zeke Talbane on December 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Jacob Flanagan
AKA
Grim

Race: Human (Stationary NPC of Ravok)
Origins: Born in Alvadas
Languages: Common Fluent, Zithanese Fair, Myrian Poor

SkillsStarting XP/RB/+XPThreadsTotal
Rope Dart20XPSP20XP
Medicine15XPSP15XP
Torture10XPSP10XP
Disguise5SP5XP

LoreAuthor Notes
Basic Human Anatomy Grim had a father who practiced medicine and had sat in on his studies and documentations of human organ in relation to the body.
Busking TechniqueBusking technique of using a rope to create a performance area. (In the round or oval performances.

Valentine Lendor
AKA
Victoria Jackal

Race: Symenestra (NPC of Ravok)
Origins: Born in Alvadas
Languages: Symentos Fluent, Common Fair, Myrian Poor

SkillsStarting XP/RB/+XPThreadsTotal
Dance20XPSP20XP
Sleight Of Hand15XPSP15XP
Drumming10XPSP10XP
Blade Combat5SP5XP

LoreAuthor Notes
Dancers Need Balance.
A Blade Does Not Cut Unless Slid Upon

Zeke Talbane
Jester

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zeke Talbane on March 19th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Zeke Talbane wrote:

Plot Notes for Gnosis
Letter correspondence between members of the Black Sun and a young Zeke.

Progressive through a year

In the beginning, Zeke is his innocent self speaking worlds about his performances and subtle suggestion of the new faith he was introduced to.

Some point Zeke hints at overgiving while performing the craft of hypnotism. Although the letters seem to stay consistent with the previous innocents his frustrations toward his acts and attempts to persuade people to Rhysol fail him.

Hints of something wrong begins to grow in his letters.

Soon a letter from an unknown person is sent to the members of the Black Sun.

Hints of instability begin to show in Zeke's letters, complaining of the feeling of being followed. A mysterious man in a theatrical mask often seen at the corner of his eye.

The stranger continues to write letters more frequently the mystery of these letter's origins become more and more clear.

Zeke finally writes a letter, paranoid, and scared. The family has vanished and it was unknown as to why to him. Fearing he had been abandoned or that something terrible has transpired, he leaves to Ravok to feel safer.

Key Phrase to remember Jekyll

[/table]
Zeke Talbane
Jester

Character sheet
Plotnotes