Question about character

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Question about character

Postby Aradia on December 28th, 2012, 3:29 am

So I was wondering a few things about my Character that I am currently developing. She is currently Inarta, but I may change that depending on the answer to these questions below.

1.Can my character have pink hair? (I know it is suppose to be red, but pink is a variant of red :) :) )
2.Can she have purple eyes? (I know Inarta are suppose to have blue, golden, or even green eyes, but I was going to make it where she had a pigment disease, so I guess that'd make her a Dek? The pigment disease affects her skin, hair, and eye color, kind of like albinism does)
3.If no because of her race, what race will allow this?
4.If no all the way around *sad face* I understand.. haha.
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Words: 139179
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 3:18 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Question about character

Postby Thundiirn on December 28th, 2012, 4:30 am

I haven't been here long, so if pretty much anyone disagrees with me on this answer, listen to them instead haha. However I'll try to help.

It's generally preferred by the creators that you "stick with the script", so to say, especially on races, though they might be willing to make an exception if you get it specifically approved by them. If they're gonna do that though, they'll want a good reason for you to do that.
I've only been here about a month, and I've already seen multiple people request weird eye/skin/hair color. My personal thoughts on it would be, if you're just trying to make your character unique in some way, the way people on this site are going to respect that uniqueness is if you make them amazing through deep plot line, impressive and consistent personality, and interesting character goals. Not by making your eyes purple.
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Question about character

Postby Aradia on December 28th, 2012, 5:35 am

Ah.. Oh okay thanks Thundiirn.
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Question about character

Postby Aradia on December 28th, 2012, 7:16 am

Okay, thanks Chimera!
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets