[Verified by Kraken] Thundiirn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on November 23rd, 2012, 5:58 am

thundiirn

basic information

Name: Thundiirn, "Thundy", "Thund", "Thun", or any other variation you please. He's not picky.
NOTE: This is a nickname given to him by his partner/childhood friend, not his real name which he has not used pretty much since he was old enough to say enough words to correct people.
Race:
Before 8th Winter, 513 AV- Human
After 8th Winter, 513 AV- Nuit
Birthday: 484 AV, 83rd day of Summer
Sex: Currently male. As a Nuit this can change over time, but male is always the top choice
Location: Sunberth, born and raised. He has a small, dilapidated shack that he really needs to fix up a bit.
Profession: Tattoo Artist
Religion: Doesn't believe in worship of deities, viewing Sunberth as Godforsaken and worship there to fall on deaf ears. However he has a great deal of respect for Eyris, instilled in him by his mother.

Languages-
Fluent Language: Common
-What he was taught by his parents while growing up

Basic Language: Tukant
-Basics taught to him by his childhood friend/partner, who was an Akalak
Last edited by Thundiirn on March 6th, 2013, 1:06 am, edited 13 times in total.
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on November 23rd, 2012, 9:01 am

character concept

If picking a handful of words to describe Thundiirn, the first would be "apathetic". Another good one would be "lost". A third, "content". He does not tend to care about just about anything. He just lets life hit him as it chooses, and lets Fate take the lead. This tends to apply to relationships as well. He's friendly to most everyone, but is not particularly bothered to let them go, even those that most bystanders would consider his close friends. He is capable of feeling extreme connection to a person though, and pretty much only hits a level of satisfaction in life higher than "content" when he finds such a connection.

Loss has been rather constant in his life, especially of late. To cope, he's adapted the attitude that loss is a part of progress, and that by losing all he holds dear he repeatedly severs his dependence on those people and things, leaving him able to recreate a stronger bond or remain free of it. One who is lost tends to have forgotten their direction, or at least not know which way is "theirs". Nothing could be truer of Thundiirn. However, in part due to his apathetic nature and in part due to the influences of people he has previously connected strongly to, he is perfectly content to live this way. He lives as a wanderer in spirit, plopping down roots somewhere, sometimes letting them grow sometimes not, but ultimately uprooting them and losing them so that he may move and find a new place to root. Thundiirn is the type of soul happy to try everything once and nothing horrifies him more than closed-mindedness caused by inexperience, either in himself or others.

The one thing he cares about more than ALMOST anything is his own life and continued existence, and he fears death much more regularly and consciously than the average person, to the point of obsession. Generally speaking, those that he views as having greatly increased his life are the ones that he strongly bonds to, almost like a life debt, and they are the only people for whom he will fight this fear to protect their lives. This fear is also what spurred him to go seek to go through the transformation to Nuit.

He views life much more fluidly than the typical person. Life is just a form of dreaming to him, and he views the contents of dreams just as real as what he sees in life. Generally viewed by definition as unreal, he also considers illusions to be real. Seeing is believing to him, and nothing exists to him unless he is currently in some way sensing it. Because of his views, he enjoys experiencing reality in various manipulated ways, so he occasionally does psychedelic drugs. These, naturally, have further fed his weird views, and extremified them.
Last edited by Thundiirn on March 6th, 2013, 1:05 am, edited 8 times in total.

Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on November 24th, 2012, 6:29 am

character history

Pre-Creation
Thundiirn's parents have always been loving, if a bit detached from his life. They are (or possibly "were") well-off merchants, but even as a kid he was always drawn to the less well off children to play with. As he grew older, these sorts of children led him "astray" in the eyes of his parents to a life of minor crime and delinquency. He grew to resent his parents' wealth, and though he remained part of the family, he intentionally distanced himself and had a strong focus on self reliance. His closest friend was Ondilo, a local orphaned Akalak boy, and an incredibly strong connection between them would last through adolescence and early adulthood. Thundiirn viewed him as family. They slept together, ate together, occasionally experimented with drugs together, and, when old enough, lived together as roommates. Ondilo was a rebel, Thundiirn's escape from the social and cultural chains he felt his family's wealth put upon him, and Thundiirn loved him for it to a near-romantic degree. In truth, Thundiirn felt almost indebted to Ondilo for all the Akalak did for him, mentally and materially. His parents began to view the relationship as unhealthy and dangerous, and tried to split them up, but he would have none of that and instead moved out to go join Ondilo on the streets.

Ondilo, however, felt chained by his own situation as well, and his escape was not nearly so benign. He fell to drugs to a much further degree than Thundiirn did, leading him to meet dangerous and harmful people in his constant quest. He got in over his head, and eventually wound up dead. The circumstances surrounding his death were highly questionable and inconclusive, but Thundiirn always firmly believed it to be the work of Marco Belius, a young and up-and-coming small time crook to whom Ondilo owed quite a bit and had not been paying back. Thundiirn thus holds a "guilty until proven innocent" approach to the man, and while he would never actively seek vengeance, he absolutely would take the shot were the opportunity to fall into his lap.

Thundiirn fell into a state of depression and grief upon the loss of his lifelong partner, which prompted an extended and unannounced hiatus from the painful memories Sunberth's streets had. To Zeltiva, to learn in the University. However, he soon discovered he couldn't ignore his home even if he wanted to. Most of his studies there delved into the history and study of Sunberth, and he eventually gave into the call of the streets, and finally returned home right near the end of Fall, 512 AV.

Post-Creation
Though not nearly to the same degree, he began to follow Ondilo's drug path to escape. The drugs warped his mind, and he became somewhat detached from reality. Death became a very prominent thought in his mind, and after an unusually high frequency of Nuit run-ins he took it as a sign and went through a transformation into an undead Nuit. His original body has not failed him yet, but due to inexperience with preserving bodies in this state it is already showing significant wear and tear after just one season.
Last edited by Thundiirn on March 6th, 2013, 1:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on November 24th, 2012, 7:29 am

misc. info table

Inventory
-Worn Iron Dagger (with a jagged edge, loose handle and a coating of rust)
-Set of Clothing (SP)
--Simple Shirt
--Simple Pants
--Simple Undergarments
--Simple Cloak/coat
--Simple Boots
-1 Waterskin (SP)
-1 Backpack (SP)
--Comb (SP)
--Brush (SP)
--Razor (SP)
--Soap (SP)
--Week of Food (SP)
--1 Eating Knife (SP)
--Flint and Steel (SP)
- Copper ring with tiny inlaid green glass shard, made for him by Ondilo (SP-Heirloom)

Residence
Small 20x20ft cottage, with basic amenities
Door is missing

Skills
Master, Expert, Competant, Novice

20/100- Impersonation
20/100- Embalming
16/100- Hypnosis
11/100- Observation
5/100- Camouflage
5/100- Disguise
2/100- Subterfuge
2/100- Persuasion
2/100- Stealth
2/100- Planning
2/100- Negotiation
1/100- Tracking
1/100- Philosophy
1/100- Socialization

Skill History

Lores
Lore - Akalak Psychology
Lore - Sunberth Drug Market
Toes Of The Gods
Many Options, Few Plans
Freedom Out Of Loss
Why? Because I Can
We Are All Ants... And Just As Meaningful
A Squirrel's Mind
Ondilo: Old Friend
Why Do You Live?
Lore: Pulp
Preparing Pulp For A "Trip"
Talking To Trees
Me, Myself And My Toes
Do Not Fall In Sunberth...
A Dog Or A Kelvic?
Natsuki: Not Much In The Way Of Modesty
Blood Is Messy, But So Are Lynch Mobs
Hope For The Best, Expect The Worst
Rather Do This Without Bloodshed...
The Rush Of Drama
Shelter For A Story
The Boy Is Back In Town
Nuit: The Eternals
The Awkward Synchronicity of a Newborn Nuit
Nuit: Still Faces
Lopeus: A Waste of Time
Lopeus: Confused and Lost
Lopeus the Nuit

Gnosis Marks
None Currently

Ledger
100 gm (SP)
Last edited by Thundiirn on March 11th, 2013, 6:00 am, edited 13 times in total.

Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on December 27th, 2012, 10:08 pm

thread list

Spring, 513 AV

02- Scratching the Surface (Agathon Minorium)
05- Pay Your Debt in Blood (Open Thread)

Winter, 512 AV

01- What's the Point of Living with Nothing to Live For? (Solo Thread) Completed!
02- A Not So Warm Welcome (Open Thread) Completed!
04- A (Very) Rough Morning (Open Thread) Abandoned
Secret :
Obtained: worn iron dagger (with a jagged edge, loose handle and a coating of rust)

06- Seeking Mizas (The Establishment Post) Completed!

08- All Fades in Time (Evalin)
11- First Day on the Job (Job Thread)
17- A Small Case of Amnesia (Open Thread)
32- Escape (Agathon Minorium)
85- The Other Other White Meat (Gad)

Flashbacks

78 Fall, 508 AV- How Not to Fish (Ricky)
32 Winter, 509 AV- Some Say a Word is Dead (Philomena)
Last edited by Thundiirn on March 11th, 2013, 6:01 am, edited 10 times in total.

Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thundiirn

Postby Thundiirn on March 6th, 2013, 4:32 am

a quick interview with thundiirn

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Thundiirn
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? It is a nickname
3. How old are you? 28
4. What is your height? It will vary from body to body. My birth-body's height, which I'm currently still in, is around 5'11''.
5. What is your weight? 152lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Very bipolar. Can switch from looking evil to looking like the sweetest, most innocent boy in seconds. Or at least I think I can. Results in actuality are mixed, I'm told.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Distracted, not fully paying attention to whatever is going on. In my own little world most of the time
3. What is your favorite body feature? Eyes.
4. How physically fit are you? Incredibly lithe, almost starved looking. No fat, very little muscle
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Swaggin' the hobo. Holes in everything, bounce in the step. It's kinda almost fashionable clothing, but the fact that it's so worn makes people not notice at first glance usually.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? They're very work-focused. I dunno, I just avoid talking to them when I can. They're great and all, but I don't need em.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Not unless you count Ondilo, but he's not by blood
3. What is your extended family like? Never knew em, never heard about them. If pressed, I'll shrug and say "I dunno, they're probably dead. I've never met em"
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Somewhere complicated and hard to balance between as important and more important
5. Do you treat animals like family? No. I love animals, and can be incredibly attached to them to the point I'd do almost anything for them, but there is always a barrier in my mind separating them from "family" status

2. Where do you live now? Sunberth
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? For a while I thought I could do Zeltiva, but nah. Sunberth is the only place that's truly home to me.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I hate the idea of travelling. Zeltiva was alright, and if I HAVE to go somewhere I'll go there. But I'd rather just curl up at home.
5. Where do you fear to be? Up high

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I'm a Nuit... I'm weak as petch, I'm a gods-be-damned corpse
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left handed
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common and a lil bit of Akalak. I think I talk pretty normal. I dunno if I have an Akalak accent, I've only ever really heard Ondilo speak it and he just sounds like any ol' Sunberthian speaking crazy.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I dunno, probably.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? No piercings. Ugh. Tattoos maybe. They aren't permanent when you switch bodies!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Looking to get into tattooing
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? Haven't started yet. Though I'm not the artsiest person, so I may hate it...
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Me. Because I'm petching awesome
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I dunno... I don't really admire any occupations...
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? WORD RUNNER. I'm a Nuit, I can't run!

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Quiet, well behaved, didn't scream or cry supposedly. Times change *laughs*
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? When me and Ondilo managed to make 28 GM pickpocketing drunks outside the Seacow, spent it ALL on Pulp, and smoked ALL of it
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I dunno, it was pretty boring most of the time. Does that count as the worst part?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? As a child? I was a goodie two shoes. Barely ever even tried to get away with anything, but when I did I was almost always successful because it was just so unbelievable that I'd be taking advantage.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Ondilo. Hands down.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Dad tried to get me to learn some marketing... Does that count?
2. Do you like/dislike learning? It depends on the topic and the teacher. What kinda question is that? Look, how much longer is this gonna take?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Haha, the streets... How else?
4. How do you learn best? I watch ya do it, and then I do it. Sometimes I mess up a few times, but I've seen you. I know what I'm trying for.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Uhhhh....you do realize what city you're in, right Mr Interviewer?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I CAN. I don't really. Most people aren't worth my time, they're all sheep, so I don't bother.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Oh yea, it's easy to trust. I may think most people are worthless, but I also think most of them have good hearts.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I dunno, none of those words really sound like me. I guess...something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yea. My second girlfriend. She made me do it, I thought it was stupid but the Venhrehk insisted. She also made me sleep with her.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. That was the first time, when we kissed

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Yea. We went to the Pigs Foot and our friend Merv gave us some for a couple silvers. Started a huge brawl, drunks saying he shouldn't be giving the stuff to people as young as us, and others yelling it was fine. We just watched, drunk, from a corner and laughed our asses off.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No. Not at all. Being drunk is fun once in a while, but I don't wanna be "that loud drunk guy"
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? ...the alcoholic kind?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I used Pulp rather regularly when...when Ondilo was around... I've started up again a bit now that I'm back in the swing of things here. I wonder if it'll still work on me as a Nuit? I guess we'll find out!
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. They're awesome.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read? The only thing to read at our house was merchant documents, so no.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? I don't get annoyed. Or if I do, the emotion lasts literally one second before I stop caring.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? The most relaxing thing to do is do no activities...
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Pretty much any time someone tells me something I said while messed up, and I don't remember sayin it. I dunno why, it doesn't even have to be something embarrassing I said.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? ...why?
2. What is your favorite time of day? nighttime
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? This is gay. Why'd you gotta make the questions gay?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I dunno, I'm not that picky. But VEGETABLES. Those bastards are the definition of food terrorists. You gotta watch em carefully, make sure none slip by you. Oh... but I guess that doesn't matter now, since I don't have a working stomach. PETCH YOU, VEGETABLES. I WIN
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Rainstorms. They're awesome. Hail sucks, but I'm not scared of it.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? *gives a frustrated shrug, as if to say 'why on earth does that matter?'*
2. What are your religious views? None
3. Would you be able to kill? I have before, I can again. I don't have to like it though. I only will if I have to.
4. What are your views on sex? ...I don't get it. I mean, is everyone serious? This shyke's boring. Thank the GODS those parts don't need to work anymore. Maybe people will finally shut up to me about it now that they'd be engaging in necrophilia.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Bein content

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Seriously, bro? At least give me some good questions.
2. What is your greatest regret? I said GOOD
3. What is your best/worst memory? Alright, I already answered that. Probably twice. Petch this shyke, I'm done.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes