I'm Here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

I'm Here!

Postby Bastion on January 10th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new here. Obviously. That's why I'm introducing myself. You'll all come to know me as Bastion. Erm, not really sure what else to say. I'm eager to get started! I do have a question though.

I just finished my Character Sheet (it isn't posted yet) and I had a few questions:
- There was a part that asked for my character's birthday. What does the calendar year look like Mizahar? Is it identical to the Gregorian calendar (January, February...)?

- For physical appearance, I described Bastion's height, hair (color and length), skin tone, eye color, body build, and cuts, burns, and scars visible on him. Is there anything else I should describe?

- For personality, I described him as "friendly, peaceful, generally quiet, honest, hard-working, and short-tempered." I feel like that might be too vague.

- For ethics, I simply said that he avoids conflict and violence, but if it were necessary, he would take a life. Is that good enough?

- And finally, where in my character sheet should I mention my lores and languages?

Thank you for reading and answering my questions in advance! I'm excited to get started, but I'm nervous and overwhelmed by all this stuff to do beforehand.

Sincerely,

Bastion Jiro Saiaki
Bastion
Player

Words: 2105
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Race: Human

I'm Here!

Postby Bastion on January 10th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Apology because I missed the ten things to fill out in the introductions!

1. Bastion Jiro Saiaki
2. I've had approximately eight years of text-based roleplaying experience online. Nothing too fancy though.
3. Google!
4. I prefer to write in a "book" or "paragraph" format.
5. I'll write about anything! I can't think of any dislikes, really.
6. My favorite thing? How meticulous the start-up is! It's slightly overwhelming, but after I get started, I'm sure I'll love it!
7. I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of starting things you have to do, but my only other experiences have not required a character sheet, or anything; might as well get used to it!
8. I'd like to find enjoyment, literate roleplaying, and friendship in Mizahar! All of which, I have no doubt I'll find.
9. I can't really say... I haven't started yet.
10. Just the character sheet questions above. ^

I do have one other question: are there any rules against using my own personal experiences in Mizahar for personal writing? I'm in high school and taking a "creative writing" class and was wondering if there were any rules I'd be violating by taking my experiences and writing about them. I would be using the names of the cities and other characters as they are; nothing would be altered. Credit would be given to the website for their creations however.
Bastion
Player

Words: 2105
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm

I'm Here!

Postby Thundiirn on January 10th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Heya Bastion, welcome :)

I'm pretty new myself, but I'll try to help out. At the top of this forum there is a "Useful Links" tab that has good information about various things, including timekeeping and date keeping. I'd recommend checking that out.

For physical description, I would suggest looking at human profiles on google to check out what some other people look like and give you a better idea of what YOU want to look like. You might even find someone that you just decide "that is exactly what I picture my character looking like" and then you can just use it as your avvy.

For personality and ethics, I'd suggest asking yourself a bunch of hypothetical questions like "what would (s)he do in this situation? In that?". And try to create a stable sort of core of being for your character. Here is a useful thread for creating a character that might help you develop your ideas and style a little more: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic25532.html

And finally for lores and languages, there's no real set standard for CSs. Just make sure it's clear what's what and you should be good. Feel free to take a look at some of the other CSs to get an idea here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/character-sheets-f37.html
I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher unseen

"Speech" | Thoughts | "Other Peoples' Speech"
Thundiirn
Seeking New Realities

Words: 62034
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 4:43 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes