Closed Feline Verus Feline~That's My Deer!~ [Gabriel]

Vaspira is hunting for dinner on the ground floor, getting a deer but gets interupted in her process of killing it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Feline Verus Feline~That's My Deer!~ [Gabriel]

Postby Vaspira on January 16th, 2013, 3:57 am

26th Winter 512AV
Ground Floor of the Spires
5th Bell, 2 Bells from Sunset

Vaspira rarely came to the ground floor of the Spires, since the day she was attacked. Vaspira shuddered slightly as the memories assaulted her mind of the dirty men. She shrugged it off and proceeded up her tree as typical of her hunting routine, waiting patiently. She vowed she wouldn’t come here alone again, but a girl had to eat, and her stomach was telling her that it was pass time to eat. As if on que her stomach rumbled slightly, protesting against her not eating. She hadn’t had much of an appetite as of late, her sleep was filled with nightmares of those still recent events. The bruises on her human body had yet to fade, and the wound on her throat was still red and tender from the spear that was pressed there.

Vaspira cleared her mind of the memories, and paid more attention to her surroundings when a sound made her ears twitch. She heard the scurry of an animal in the bushes, cautious and wondering. Out of the foliage came a tufted deer, with a grayish coat, obviously male upon observing that the deer had no horns. He stood still at the edge of the foliage, searching the area for any danger. When he realized that there wasn’t any danger, none that he could see or detect that is, he stepped out closer to the tree limb she was hanging out on. The deer sniffed the ground and started walking forward. When he was under her limb she waited, watching it’s body language, waiting for its muscles to relax. She looked passed the deer and into the foliage looking for any other tufted deer, but could not see any more. She held back the growl of pleasure of this, as she put her focus back on the deer below her. It was using its weird tusks protruding from its mouth, to dig up its food from the ground. Its muscles were relaxed as its mind instantly was on the thought of dinner.

Vaspira smiled a predator feline smile at that, and waited no longer, in fear that he would stop digging. She used its moment of weakness to her advantage, plunging from the tree landing on the small deer’s back, making it fall to the ground. She wasted no time, not letting it get back on its hooves, before she wrapped her jaw around the deer’s throat, squeezing her strong jaws shut, holding the squirming deer down with her claws.

A sound reached her ears when she heard a rustle in the nearby bushes. Vaspira did not let go of her prey, but fear started making her heart pound. Was it another slaver or poacher baiting her?
Last edited by Vaspira on January 21st, 2013, 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gabriel Velox Furox Mors on January 16th, 2013, 4:58 am

It had been weeks since he had been hunting in his animal form and it had just been roaring to get out and run free and eat raw meat, though not extremely hungry his feline appetite was quite large. It was more the thrill of the hunt right now, he was crouched in the bushes next to a tree as he lay in wait for his first victim his tiger smile was hidden so as not to give away his position. His last hunt had not gone so well when a group of bear had attacked him and though a large ferocious animal himself he barely got away with his life. It hadn't affected him just made him a bit disappointed in his skills.

A deer wandered into sight oblivious he was there the dear slowly got closer being cautious waiting for the deer to get slightly closer his mouth watering with anticipation. It was almost more than his muscle could bear to remain still but he managed it. The deer stopped and started digging slightly out of reach. His animal hunger took over and just as he was about to pounce something pounced it before him. Without warning before all was said and done he jumped out and mustered the loudest most angry ROAR he could. As he finished the roar his snarled at what looked like a panther a bit smaller than himself. Challenging the panther over the kill, his eyes closely reading her movements.
Gabriel Velox Furox Mors
Player

Words: 12047
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2012, 4:43 am
Character sheet

Postby Vaspira on January 16th, 2013, 5:07 am

What jumped out of the bushes was no slaver, or poacher. No it was a large white tiger, roaring in anger, locking onto her with his predator eyes. Obviously they were hunting the same deer, but Vaspira got to the deer first, so that made it hers. Vaspira growled, her mouth still locked on the squirming deer, blood splattering from the vibrations of her mouth. She pulled back with her jaws still clenched, ripping the deers throat out, letting the meat hit the floor. The deer flopped on the ground for a few seconds, blood pouring from its throat, before it died down.

Vaspira licked her mouth, almost purring at the metallic taste in her mouth. She did not have time to soak in the wondrous blood though, as there was a white tiger in her predator's view, upset that she took the deer first. What the petch is a tiger doing here! Vaspira growled with that being said and started circling around the tiger, her eyes locked onto it's eyes, ready for what ever move the tiger was going to make. She preferred to look into the eyes of her foes, they gave off so much about a person. One can have a face bland and with no emotion, but one could not remove those emotions from the eyes.

Getting impatient and rather nervous that the white tiger would pounce her first, she decided to make the first move, leaping into the air with her claws out, ready to strike at the tiger's face. Vaspira's rage filled roar seemed to shake the forest around them, as she yelled in her feline tongue THIS DEER IS MINE!

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gabriel Velox Furox Mors on January 16th, 2013, 7:48 am

As he looked into the panthers eye's studying them for signs of what she was gonna do next he realized she was looking into his, an odd thing for a wild creature to do. His eyes only left contact to watch the muscles move to predict signs of movement. The deer hitting the ground he began to circle as well watching carefully. The panthers movements fluid and cautious, still seemed odd to him he began to look closer. The eyes proud but seemed to carry sadness, intelligence, felines are intelligent creatures but this was more. Either way the panther stole his food and that was all he needed.

The panther leapt with the intent to kill as he saw the motion, and began to move as he heard her voice in feline he smiled slightly except for the fact that she was trying to kill him. Retracting his claw's he swiped her paw aside with ease throwing his large body into her's hopefully throwing her off balance to give him time to speak. In feline tongue polite but firm enough to prove his point We are of the same, but if you still want the deer we are at an impasse as i am hungry. Circling her watching her eyes to hopefully see if she plans to attack again.
Gabriel Velox Furox Mors
Player

Character sheet

Postby Vaspira on January 17th, 2013, 1:06 am

Vaspira did not think, she just reacted, swinging her claws at the white tiger's face in a roar of rage. But she did not succeed in contacting the tiger's face, he swatted it away with his enormous paw, claws retracted. The tiger put his weight in the swing, shoving her body to the side. She stumbled a bit, but quickly righted herself.

She stared into the eyes of her foe, growling as she continued to circle. Then the tiger spoke to her, We are of the same, but if you still want the deer we are at an impasse as i am hungry.

What did he mean they are of the same, was he a kelvic as well? This made Vaspira halt on her attack, as she examined the white tiger again, this time using her brain instead of being impulsive. It was quite obvious that a white tiger would not be in the spires, unless it was a kelvic. Her impulsive behavior made her react with out thinking, once again.

Are you.. Kelvic? I do not see why we would share this deer, when I did all the work, and you stood in the bushes like a little kitten. Vaspira asked the question with a curious tone, but when the last part came out it was on a small growl.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gabriel Velox Furox Mors on January 17th, 2013, 5:37 am

Still cautious around her, he continued to circle her watching her every move. Though she had killed the deer their little little disagreement had with out a doubt scared any creature within miles away or into deep hiding. Knowing he claws and teeth could pierce his skin she still looked young and was smaller in size he felt it would be easy but he knew better then underestimate anyone. Looking into her eyes to better understand her he saw a difference in her eyes while she registered what he'd said instead of the rage she had started at him with there was something else. Are you.. Kelvic? I do not see why we would share this deer, when I did all the work, and you stood in the bushes like a little kitten.

A kitten he mocked in his head bemused by her attitude, it seemed she had chosen her words carefully. Her curious tone tickled him in a way and he smiled slightly, ignoring the growl he knew she was intelligent. Now his curiosity peaked, he couldn't imagine what she was really like nor did he want to imagine he wanted to find out. Hearing her stomach growl at him more than she actually did he conceded, in kelvic he spoke Well we could share but to be honest I'm not that hungry. I was just for the thrill of the hunt, don't get me wrong i eat what i kill but i savor it and pack it in salt to save for later. If you would like to share that's up to you, but with all the ruckus we cause there isn't anything around for miles. As for me being kelvic you already know the answer i can see it in your eyes. His tone kind and curious.

He flashed back in his mind to all the people he had lost and the people that had betrayed him. He had almost loved once but she was killed tragically. He tried to hide the pain by taking his eyes away from her hoping she didn't notice as he hid the feelings before making eye contact again. She was one of the very few kelvic's he had met and yet he knew very little of his own race save for the language and his transformations. His mind raced as he looked at her, smiling all the while and the smile showing in his eyes.
Gabriel Velox Furox Mors
Player

Character sheet

Postby Vaspira on January 17th, 2013, 6:56 am

When the white tiger replied to her question it was in a kind and curious tone, making her feel slightly bad for the aggression she had showed him. He was right, the noisy would have scared what was left with in ear shot away, and the hunt for food would prove difficult for the tiger, unless he wanted to travel deeper into the woods. Vaspira remembered her own travel deep into the forest, and of the two men that abused her, used her, and decided that that would not be such a wise idea for the Kelvic. She did not respond to him, instead she just watched him, examining his body language and eyes.

Vaspira saw the flash of pain go across his eyes, not physical but a sad pain; he quickly averted his gaze from her own, when it was returned all emotion was lost in the depths of his eyes. She stayed quiet, and looked at the small deer then back at the white tiger. She wasn’t going to eat all of the deer anyways, and she would have just sold the meat or left if for another predator, or even gave it to the Shrine of Navre. This fellow Kelvic said he wasn’t that hungry, she was starving and had not eaten in a couple of days, her body drained of most of its energy because of the shifting. She finally concluded that having the company of a fellow kelvic could prove better, than having the scars on her flesh from his claws. Vaspira nodded more to herself and her own conversation in her head, and then spoke. You are right, the animals with in ear shot will be in hiding or far away by now. We can share this deer, I would not be able to eat it all anyways. With that being said she turned slightly, not giving him her full back, and walked to the deer and started tearing into its flesh. Once she ate her belly full she pushed the other half of the deer towards the white tiger, offering him a good amount of food if he wanted it.

She sat on her haunches and started to groom her fur, keeping her eyes on the white tiger as he devoured most of the deer. When he was done, she stopped her bath and approached him once more, in a friendlier manner than before. I apologize for my past aggression and greediness. I am Vaspira. It was simply said and simply put, whether her forgave her or not, did not matter to Vaspira. She needed to say her apologies to heal her own soul. She looked up at her backpack in the tree, checking that it was still safe. She wanted to shift into her human form, but this was a male in front of her, and male’s meant danger. She learned that lesson the hard way. So she just sat back down in her cat form laying her curious eyes on the white tiger once more.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes