Completed Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Vlodaru helps a runaway slave

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on December 3rd, 2012, 3:28 am

Lightning illuminated the area. The rain was starting to calm down as the storm was in its final stages. Vlodaru scaled back up the tree to Hisoka to talk.

"Pryzaka, listen," He started. His voice was shaky and his eyes full of worry. "You will have to make a run for it. I can take you down closer to the ground but from there it is up to you. The dogs will go after you."

In the short time Vlodaru had known her, he had already become exceptionally attached. Perhaps it was the pale skin and dark hair that made her seem like a little sister he never had. Or perhaps the fact that she did not hate him on sight that made him like her. Whatever the reason did not matter. All he wanted was to make her safe.

He looked intently into her blue eyes for what he could only imagine would be the last time. "Hisoka, can you outrun them?"
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Words: 12530
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 10:51 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on December 3rd, 2012, 3:34 am

Lightning illuminated the area. The rain was starting to calm down as the storm was in its final stages. Vlodaru scaled back up the tree to Hisoka to talk.

"Pryzaka, listen," He started. His voice was shaky and his eyes full of worry. "You will have to make a run for it. I can take you down closer to the ground but from there it is up to you. The dogs will go after you."

In the short time Vlodaru had known her, he had already become exceptionally attached. Perhaps it was the pale skin and dark hair that made her seem like a little sister he never had. Or perhaps the fact that she did not hate him on sight that made him like her. Whatever the reason did not matter. All he wanted was to make her safe.

He looked intently into her blue eyes for what he could only imagine would be the last time. "Hisoka, can you outrun them?"
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on December 3rd, 2012, 3:41 am

She gazed back into his eyes, seeing something flicker, but not quite comprehending what she saw. "Worried...?", she thought, attempting to guess the emotions flitting through his eyes.
She turned her head slightly, to glance at the dogs below. They seemed to have grown restless, their eyes wide and confused, but a dangerous kind of confused. It was one brought on by a hint of madness, one that she had seen in the eyes of crazed slaves and animals alike. Seeing this caused her to shiver inside, unsure of how they would react to her running, running away like prey.
However, Hisoka looked back at him, nodded, and began stripping out of her clothes. She did not wish to damage them when she changed form. There was also the possibility that they would choke her if she did transform in them, and it was a risk she was not willing to take. She quickly tucked them into her bag, and turned back to Vlodaru, ready for what would take place in the next few moments...

Hoping to get some threads started!
Hisoka
Player

Words: 32406
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on December 20th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Vlodaru nodded back and, when she was done preparing, hoisted her onto his back once again. As they decended the dogs became even more crazed, jumping and yipping as their master shouted insults and threats. Vlodaru dropped her off on the lowest safe branch and turned to her.

"I'm going to do what I can to distract them. When I tell you to, run, as fast as you can." He did not wait for a reply when he turned and looked down at his enemies. He readied his spear in his right hand, and without warning, jumped down. His spear struck the dog in the chest, burrowing deep. The poor beast let out a sad yelp and tried to wiggle free. His movements, Vlodaru knew, only worsened its predicament, and the dog was dead in moments.

He wretched his spear free from the carcase and raised it at the other dog. It stood crouched, its eyes dancing between Vlodaru and his fallen comrade. The slaver shouted more threats, but Vlodaru had already learned to ignore him.

Vlodaru stood defensively. With both hands gripping the weapon tightly, he was ready for anything. The slaver stood to the left. His right hand on his sword and his left hand pressed tight on his wound, trying to stop the blood flow. His face was pale and his demeanor was tired. He is going to die if he doesn't get help. Vlodaru thought. Not that he wanted to help him.

Suddenly the other dog rushed at him. He jumped, his jaws snapping at Vlodarus throat. But he was ready. He shifted his weight and brought the blunt end of his spear smashing into the side of the hound. It fell to the ground with a whimper as Vlodaru turned to Hisoka.

"Run Hisoka! Now!"
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on January 1st, 2013, 3:31 am

Hisoka nodded, gaze tracked on the canines below. When Vlodaru's spear pierced the first hound she flinched. She felt a mix of grim satisfaction, sympathy for a fellow slave, but also a dark emotion that she could not pin down. she gave her head a quick shake, then tracked the slaver with her eyes, her eyes piercing through the storm with their unnerving crystalline blue. Now that he was injured, he resembled weak prey, and she held no sympathy for him. From her perch, Hisoka could see the crimson color of blood seeping through the cloth of his clothes, its sent reaching her wolf-enhanced nose.

When the second of the two dogs became prey to her companion's weapon, she was prepared for his direction, and jumped from her perch, landing on the opposite side of the tree.
As soon as her feet hit the ground, she was gone, wind whipping back streams of midnight black hair behind her. Hisoka gave no second thought to whether or not she would see him again, but then, she heard a terrible scream. It was a male sound, deep and fillled with agony. From the tone and pitch, she knew that it would be the final sound passing through that person's lips.

However, no matter who it had belonged to, she kept running, even though she had faltered at the sound, and was tempted to return to her amethyst eyed friend. Tears pricked her eyes, as she disappeared into the dark, storm assailed, forest.

OOCSorry for the extremely late reply! ><

Hoping to get some threads started!
Hisoka
Player

Words: 32406
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on January 2nd, 2013, 3:47 am

As Hisokas feet hit the ground, Vlodaru turned back to face the slaver and the dog. The dog, however, bolted past him to chase down Hisoka. There was nothing Vlodaru could have done. They both knew the dog would chase her. Instead, he circled the slaver.

"Why do you help that wretch, pale man?" He said, his weary face twisted in anger. After he finished his words, a terrible cough racked his body. His blood came faster now from the wound on his side. Vlodaru now had the slaver between him and the tree. "What is she to you?"

"I saw her fear. That's why. The fear you caused! There was no way I was going to allow you to take her back." He spoke with strong conviction in his voice. As he spoke he moved forwards. The slaver backed away as Vlodaru approached.

Suddenly the slaver lunged forward. His sword came down at Vlodarus head. His technique was clumsy from the mans loss of blood and Vlodaru parried easily. It was a wonder how the slaver even caught himself. But Vlodaru was quick. His spear drove into the mans front leg. It sank deep into his thigh as he let out a terrible scream. Behind Vlodaru, the slavers horse reared and whined. But he paid no mind. The slaver fell back as Vlodaru yanked his spear free. Instantly, he poised himself. The slavers eyes filled with terror as he saw the spear head come forward again. This time, aimed at his heart. As it sank home, the slaver could barely let out a gasp. Vlodaru knelt close and looked him dead in the eyes.

"And now, no one will be hurt by you, ever again." And then, the slaver went limp. The life fading from his eyes.

A tall figure, wrapped in black, walked among the great trees of Taldera. His feet ached from days of travel. But he paid no mind. His thoughts were elsewhere. Instead, he thought of a young girl, with hair black as night, and eyes that shone like the moon. She was out there somewhere. Wandering the same forest he was. A light sprinkle remained of what was once a terrible storm. The gentle sound of falling rain comforted him.

"Be safe, Hisoka." He whispered to her. Wherever she was. "And may we meet again, someday."

*End*
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Capricious on January 17th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Vlodaru Ceiba

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Wilderness Survival 1 • A Wolf Kelvic?
Observation 2 • Seeing a Kelvic Change
Teaching1 • Contact: Hisoka
• Kelvics Can Be Almost Any Animal

Hisoka

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Wilderness Survival 1 • Asking If Someone is a Slaver
Observation 2 • Contact: Vlodaru
Interrogation 2 • Symenestra Can Climb Walls

Hi there!

I'm Capricious, the Junior Storyteller of Taldera. Unfortunately, there were a few issues with this thread. I apologize I didn't catch this earlier. :)

NPCs (non-posting characters) who make a large impact, such as the bad guys in this thread, need to be okay-ed by a storyteller. Otherwise they can cause a lot of problems. We like to know when somebody such as this is running around in our region and by not asking permission, problems could arise.... Such as an infestation of bad guys! For a future reference, please ask a storyteller on iffy NPCs. There is Valkyrie, Cinna, or myself and we'll help you wade through the lore to see if such a thing is acceptable.

Vlodaru, I couldn't find the Symenos your character spoke earlier in the thread ("Ko vadra dutanis"). This link gives a few of the frequently used Symenos words, but the ones you used were not on there. You cannot put letters together to create new words for languages. Many people change their font in several ways, such as making the words a different color to represent a different language.

Vlodaru, please subtract two apples from your inventory.

Hisoka, I enjoyed seeing your character struggle with certain words, such as companion. I really felt as though her fear was genuine and I like how she seemed to trust Vlodaru. Your character really seemed to have embraced her feral side, which I adore seeing, and you kept in mind facts about your race as you roleplayed.

Vlodaru, your character seems quite genuine in his concern and have to admit I d'awwed a little when he added the syllable to the end of the word to signify honor. I look forward to seeing future threads from you, so I can see Vlodaru's journey through the Taldera region!

There was another problem with this thread. It seemed both characters knew tiny details they would not otherwise know. An example of this is when Vlodaru explained the "tiny hairs" on Symenestra hands and feet. As the hairs are so tiny, Vlodaru wouldn't know this fact. Be careful to not let OOC information sink into in-character.

As it is, I could not award any skill points or lores for anything involving the slavers. I did find several things to award in other parts of the thread. :) Both of you could have earned more skill points with more description.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on January 18th, 2013, 12:28 am

Thank you Capricious, and sorry for all the errors... - -'
Will keep those in mind in future threading! ^^