Travel Time Estimations-- Please Help.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Vaspira on January 20th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Hey guys, I hope one of you can help me! I need some travel times estimated. I know you all are like.. "Look at the map." Well sorry to say, that I am not that good at just looking at a map and developing travel times, as they will probably be all wrong, hahaha. Anywys where I was thinking of traveling is below :).

• Spires ~~~> Avanthal
  • Spires ~~~> North Suvan Sea
  • Spires ~~~> Denval
  • North Suvan Sea ~~~> Syliras

Okay I will be traveling in my Kelvic form (since it will be faster than on human feet) or I may make it dramatic and get captured by slavers and it will be by caravan. So if you could give me an idea of how long it would take by kelvic form and caravan I would greatly appreciate this. I am really wanting to go to North Suvan Sea, then to Syliras, so if you all want to focus on that.. That would be fine too :).

You can just post your answers here, thank you in advance!

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Capricious on January 20th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Hi There!

I will attempt to answer a few of your questions using the distance chart, the world map, and this offline site. This site claims a Black Leopard can move 25-50 miles per day. If someone of a higher positions comments, I bow out to their answer.

Spires ->>> Avanthal
The Spires to Avanthal is approximately 750 miles. Assuming a black leopard can move from 25-50 miles per day, you can assume it would take 30 to 15 days. This is not taking into account the weather and geographical layout.

Spires ->>> North Suvan Sea
See below. If you meant directly to the Suvan Sea, I used the Spires to Sultros to line up with the Spires to Karjin. This is 1250 miles. Dividing 1250 by 25 and 50, you can estimate it would take 50 to 25 days. Please note, Karjin is not open to roleplay and this does not include outer influences, such as weather and geographical information.

Spires ->>> Denval
Unfortunately, Denval was blown to bits in the Djed Storm of 512. This domain is no longer open for present-time threads. As I can only assume you meant to go from Denval to Alvadas, so I will calculate for the Spires to Alvadas.

The Spires to Alvadas is approximately 1675 miles. Taking the estimate that a Black Leopard can move 25 to 50 miles per day, you can assume it would take 67 to 34 days. Please, bear in mind the geographical differences and weather, etc.

North Suvan Sea ->>> Syliras
Going with the same logic, I can assume you meant to go from Alvadas to Syliras. Alvadas to Syliras is 1375 miles by boat. By chat's logic, a Mizahar boat would be able to go 5 to 8 knots per hour. If the boat travels at least 12 hours per day at 6-7 knots per hour, you should arrive in Syliras in an estimated 20 to 17 days. Please note, this does not include weather or any or influences.

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 20th, 2013, 8:36 pm

You can't technically walk through Kalea so you can't walk from the Spires to Alvadas. You could walk to Karjin and take a ship to Alvadas from there.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vaspira on January 20th, 2013, 11:12 pm

WOW Capricious, great mathematical work! I stink at math and calculations.. It is my weak subject. Thank you so much for all the detailed information! This helps out a lot to give me an idea of what traveling is going to be like.

Thank you Gossamer for pointing that out! So if I can take a boat at Karjin to go to Alvadas, does that mean that I can also take said ship to Syliras?

Thank you both for all your help!

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes