[flashback] Winter thieves...Need to learn

Sunberth is a place filled with manythings, not to mention little thieves.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Ximal on October 30th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Xi watched the man he'd just thrown about like a rag doll start laughing at his sentence. Either this guy was completely star craving mad, or he was built firmer than stone. No matter which as the answer Xi found himself starting to like this man, something about him deaned itself as a likeable characteristic. Xi sighed as he brought his arms up to his chest folding them across his oak like form. Xi cracked his neck as he listened to runic's next words. Yeah some instinct Xi had. All it ever caused was death and destruction. And doing what he had to do to stay alive ? Xi knew all too well about that. A slow breath permeated his lungs and the cold winter air with it stinging him from within. A sarcastic smile crossed Xi's face as he reached down to shake the hand of the thief and help him back on his feet.

"I'll consent to that, though you'll owe me for spotting all fo teh drinks technically." A cloying smile pulled at Xi's features as h hauled the boy off of the ground and to his feet. Xi shunted the door open with his shoulder shortly after and pointed at his usual spot in the bar, the empty corner of the room. Xi always sat there because he knew from that position no-one couldn't sneak up on him and he could listen throughout the bar for any good information which he could put to his own use. Tossing runic four silver mizas Xi slumped in his usual spot before telling runic. "First rounds on me, next three are on you."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Runick Torian on October 31st, 2012, 10:47 am

Rune was relieved as a small smile came across Xi's face as he reached out and shock his hand and pull him up. "I'll consent to that, though you'll owe me for spotting all fo teh drinks technically," Xi responded.

Rune followed Xi into the tavern. It was as rowdy as always. Xi motioned towards a spot in the corner. No surprise there. Rune though. They walked over and Xi gave Rune a few silver miza. "First rounds on me, next three are on you." Rune smiled and shock his head, "whatever." He said pulling a chair out and sitting down. "So. What's your story?"
Runick Torian
Player

Words: 9641
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ximal on October 31st, 2012, 6:39 pm

What was Xi's story? Xi didn't really have a story, not done worth anything of note, all he'd done up till this point was survive, whether under a whip a gauntlet knives sword axes clubs what ever all Xi had done was survive. A single thing a single thought a single need. That was all that drove Xi. The need to survive. The determination to live> Xi rocked back in his chair leaning against the walls. and looked the boy infront of him in the eyes. It was easy to ask someone's story when you knew yours was an easy one, you just assumed everyone was the same, Xi simply looked at the boy in front of him. Leaning in the chair and swinging his feet up onto the table he tilted his head down letting a touch of his har fall infront of his face and block his eyes from sight.

"I don't really have a story, nothing about me has any speciality, i'm just a simple soul trying to survive in this hell hole of a city. The trick is though not living here but finding an excuse to leave. Do what you can and get out of here as fast a you can, if you've any sense of honour." Xi yawned slowly not with boredom but slightly tiredness. He'd been fighting since this morning almost all day and this thief's attempts were one of the final ones he'd hoped he'd have to endure. "Shouldn't you be going and getting those drinks ?" Xi flashed a small smile as he stopped talking.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Runick Torian on November 2nd, 2012, 1:25 am

"I don't really have a story, nothing about me has any speciality, i'm just a simple soul trying to survive in this hell hole of a city. The trick is though not living here but finding an excuse to leave. Do what you can and get out of here as fast a you can, if you've any sense of honour," Xi said, "Shouldn't you be going and getting those drinks ?" Xi flashed a small smile as he stopped talking.

Rune smiled as he rolled his eyes and got up from his chair. He looked around the room then headed to the bar. "two mugs of ale!" he called to the bar maid. Rune looked around at the crowd again. He looked over at Xi. I wonder if He can teach me some of the things he knows, or how to react. Who knows maybe we can be friends. Friends. Rune had none. This could be a new experience.

The bar maid but the mugs of ale down on the bar. Rune paid and walked back to the table. He set them down and sat back in his chair. "So," Rune said. He took a drink of his mug. "I know you said it was instinct and all but, you think you could teach me a little of what ya know?"
Runick Torian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on November 2nd, 2012, 1:53 am

Xi sighed as he looked at this boy in font of him. He certainly did want a lot out of him. first money now information on how to train him ? How to teach him to be better than he was. In all truth he'd need every bit of advice Xi was willing to give. But then again... The mug slammed down onto the bench and Xi took a long drink from the frothing ale. Before looking back at the boy before him. What could h teach him ? Xi knew little about how to impart his own innate knowledge unto others. Still Xi sighed as he rolled his shoulder slowly. "I suppose i could teach you. But what would i get in return? What do you have to offer me in return for teaching? Every thing in this city starts with a deal. and compared to most. I'm relatively cheap. I know what you can do and i know where you can improve but why should i tell you ? You'd just use it to help you rob another person. That doesn't fly with me. So what can you offer me?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Runick Torian on November 2nd, 2012, 2:31 am

"I suppose i could teach you. But what would i get in return? What do you have to offer me in return for teaching? Every thing in this city starts with a deal. and compared to most. I'm relatively cheap. I know what you can do and i know where you can improve but why should i tell you ? You'd just use it to help you rob another person. That doesn't fly with me. So what can you offer me?" Xi said.

Rune took a couple gulps of his mug and set it down. Somethin in return, aye? What can I give him then my gratitude and to be in his debt. Rune thought, but he knew he had to learn to fight better. His entire survival up to this point had been luck, and a lot of it. It was sure to run out soon. "Well, I can see what you mean. Don't want little old me runnin around gettin rich with what you taught me! Ha. Ha. Ha. But to be serious I ain't got anything other than my gratitude and to be in your debt. Best case scenario is that me and you become good friends over this! But, I can't guarantee ya that last bit, I want out of this place just as bad as you. If i ever get out of here, if I ever get the chance, I want to at least try to start a new life and forget about this place, but that ain't gonna happen till I can."
Runick Torian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on November 3rd, 2012, 5:24 pm

Xi yawned slowly in the corner, now he was listening out and letting things around the bar sink into his head until runic spoke again. Xi wouldn't want him running all over the place getting rich off of what he'd taught him? Xi wan't a thief and if he thought he was perhaps he'd need to hit runick a bit harder this time. He'd be in his debt and he'd be his friend ? But more to the point it was the last things he said that was what convinced Xi. He wanted oit of this place. Same as him.

"You want out of here as badly as i do huh ? Well perhaps i'll teach you but tomorrow right now i judst want a mug of ale and a good nights sleep."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Twister on January 21st, 2013, 8:30 pm

Experience Award

Ximal
Grade :
Experience: 2 Brawling, 1 Intimidation, 1 Observation, 3 Unarmed Combat

Lores: Cold Winters of Sunberth, Overpowering a Hapless Thief, Rune: Can Take a Punch, Rune: Sworn On His Honour

Miscellaneous: N/A

Comments: It was a pretty short thread, but all in all it was pretty good. I was a bit worried you may be overplaying his skill in combat at such an early stage, but not worried enough to truly give cause for further remark. Ximal's a gentle oak, isn't he? :P

Runick Torian
Grade :
Experience: 2 Larceny, 2 Stealth, 1 Unarmed Combat, 2 Weapon: Dagger

Lores: Picking The Wrong Target, Being Easily Overpowered, Ximal: Martial Prodigy, Ximal: Not A Bad Guy

Miscellaneous: N/A

Comments: He was very quick to give up when he realized he was in a bad position, hehe. Not a bad thing if you want to survive, of course, and he certainly took it in stride. It's all about the attitude, after all. Well written, though I would merge some of your sentences together more often. They tend to get really short in some of your posts. It's nothing more than a friendly advice, however, so take it for what it is. :)
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous