Solo [Flashback] Street Rat Running

Rune walks along the coast trying to unwind, but one thing always leads to another

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Flashback] Street Rat Running

Postby Runick Torian on November 3rd, 2012, 5:03 pm

45th of Winter A.V. 505

Rune walked along the docks, the sun was just beginning to set. He would come here to unwind and forget. The smell of fish, sweat, and wood of the ships and the pier mixed to create a distinct scent. Rune's memories had crept up on him again and were beginning their tormenting remembrance. He looked around and found himself near The Drunken Fish. Sailors were scattered around. A quick drink of Ale could help calm my nerves. Rune thought. He walked up to the tavern and stepped in. The Ale joined the concoction of smells among others. Rune made his way to the bar. He counted his miza to find he had enough for a few drinks. He called to the maid for an Ale and a couple seconds later he had the mug in hand. He was walking to a table, when he tripped on a loose board. Down he went spilling the mug. Rune was disoriented for a second, but he quickly got his wits about him and looked around. There were small snickers coming from the table in front of him.

"Look!" one of the drunk sailors yelled, "Old Jimmy couldn't hold in his ale!"

Rune looked at the men and what they were giggling like little girls at. Runes drink had landed right on the crotch of the old man, Probably in his late 30’s. “Um… I… Um… I’m sorry sir,” Rune stuttered.

Old Jimmy looked down at Rune with eyes filled with embarrassment, drunkenness, and most of all anger. “Listen ere ya stupid, waste of space street Rat!” the man screamed, getting up out of his chair, “You just caused meh some mighty embarrassment. Yee just took away me pride!” He grabbed Runes hair and pulled back his head, revealing his blade and pressing it against Runes neck. “And now, I be takin your life!”

Drunks are the worst. Rune thought. He needed to react quickly if he wanted to live. He pushed away the man’s hand holding the knife from his neck and kicked him in the stomach. Jimmy stumbled and fell back. Good thing they don’t have any balance. he thought. Rune jumped back and pulled out his knife. Jimmy had recovered quicker than expected and was ready to fight, he also holding his blade still.

“That was a nasty trick kid, but it won’t be working again,” He said lunging at Rune. Rune jumped to the right knocking over someone else’s table. Jimmy was slashing violently. He nearly took the heads of some fellow sailors, but they were too drunk to care. Rune saw an opening and went for a left hook to Jimmy’s face, but Jimmy slashed at that instant cutting part of Runes cheek and nose making him lose focus on what he was doing and falling into another table.

“Hey! You little rat! I’ll hang yee from me mast, for spillin meh drinks!” another drunk sailor yelled. One drunk Rune could handle, more than that and it was time to split.
Runick Torian
Player

Words: 9641
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Runick Torian on November 3rd, 2012, 9:30 pm

“Hey Jimmy, you havin a little trouble with that scurvy dog?” one of the drunks yelled coming to support his friend.

“He ain’t a dog, a rat is what he be!” Jimmy yelled.

This was getting bad, if Rune didn’t find a way to escape this would be the end of him. Men of all sizes were beginning to circle around for a better view. [q] This may be my last chance [/q] Rune thought. He grabbed a table and flipped it towards the crowd, stunning them. This bought him the couple of seconds he needed to bolt through a weak part of the human wall around him. He was almost to the door when two muscular sailors stepped in front of the door. There was only one more way out. Rune changed course and headed for a window. He jumped and broke through it into the cold weather. Rune landed in a small pile of snow. He pushed himself up and looked down. The snow was red with his blood. He needed to stop the bleeding and get away from this bar of drunks. Just then Jimmy burst through the front door.

“There He is boy’s let’s get em.” He said as he and about half-a dozen sailors ran after him, all charging Rune.

Rune jumped to his feet and ran as fast as he could down the street. When he thought he had enough distance he looked back. The drunken party had fallen farther behind, but had no intention of giving up. Rune decided it was a good idea to change to a more sustainable pace than a dead sprint. He looked back again. The drunks had gained a little ground. Rune started to look for an alley to cut off into. He found his chance half-way down the road. He cut off between two buildings. The alley split off into multiple directions. Rune took the most right one. The cold air was starting to take its toll on Rune’s breathing. Another turn and it’s a dead end. It was a multiple stacks of crates and other containers. Rune needed to act quickly; He could already hear the blundering gang’s yells. He had no choice, he couldn’t go back. The only way out was up. Rune jumped up onto the first and lowest crate, beginning a meticulous jumping puzzle. He was running out of time. The Drunken screams were getting louder. He finally made it to where he could jump down, just as the party rounded the corner. The men started to climb up. Run jumped down landing in knee deep snow. He quickly dug a small hole and covered himself with as much snow as he could. He hoped that within their drunken state, none of the sailors would notice him.

“You stupid Rat, go crawl back into yee hole were ya belongs! And don’t be comin back!” Jimmy yelled after reaching the top of the crates.

Rune relieved, but still on his guard, waited a couple of minutes. It seemed like his gamble had paid off. He got up and shook off the snow. [q] Well that was fun. [/q] he thought to himself. [q] Now first things first, I need to get these cuts to stop bleeding and get them healed. [/q] and with that he was off into the cold Sunberth night.
Runick Torian
Player

Words: 9641
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Twister on January 21st, 2013, 9:15 pm

Experience Award

Runick Torian
Grade :
Experience: 1 Acrobatics, 2 Brawling, 1 Camouflage, 2 Climbing, 3 Running, 1 Weapon: Dagger

Lores: Drunks Will Be Drunks, Knowing When It's Time To Run, Having All Odds Against You, No Shame In Retreat

Comments: Short and sweet and a creative solution to a dawning, potentially troublesome situation. Quick thinking's an important asset when you live in the dangerous streets of Sunberth. Well done there!
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)