Worth It (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Worth It (Solo)

Postby Caddy Twist on September 8th, 2012, 9:55 pm

1st of Winter, 512 AV

The dim light from the small candle decreased as the wick ran into the the table, the wax in a pool around it. The light vanished, and Caddy turned over in her bed, pulling the blankets up to her chin, closing her multicolored eyes as she tried to reach the taunting sleep that would not take her. She had no way of knowing the time, because she had no windows. Some idiot before her decided to crudely board the thing up, and Caddy hasn't attempted to take the wood off yet. When she bought her one room apartment she had not expected to spend so much time in the bare room, she had thought Ravok would be lively, and interesting. And so far her hopes had been dissapointed

Mini Flashback

"Oh Caddy! Don't you think that's a little expensive?" Finn's old and shaky voice called out to a small mismatched child who held up a baby blue dress.

Everything about the child was mismatched. Her socks were two different sizes, and slightly different hues of the stained white, her denim shorts had patched pieces that were completely different materials and colors. Her shirt was half of two, sewn together, her right side was a long sleeved maroon, and on her right was a short sleeved faded lavender with orange polka dots patterning the shirt. Her pigtails, that she had done herself, were at two completely different spots on her head. Even her eyes were two different colors. One a bright and defiant caramel brown, the other a deceivingly shallow but secretive emerald green.

"But, Finn! I-" The small child turned to the frail bent woman behind her. The woman's face was so wrinkled, one would not know if she had eyes or not.

"You what? You want it? Caddy, dear," The woman hobbled over to the small skinny child using her cane as support. "Want gets you nothing. Work is what you need, not wants." The white haired lady slowly threw an old frail hand over the girl's shoulders and hugged her tight to her side. "Work, my dear, work supports want. Want does not support work."
End of Flashback

I'm sorry Finn. Tears sprouted in Caddy's eyes she she felt the depressing sadness suppress her heart again. Silent sobs started to erupt from her mouth as she tried to keep the tears in. Failing, Caddy let them flow, her pillow soaking up the salty liquid, without complaint. Who knows how long later, Caddy sat up. She straightened her clothes out, knowing she needed an actual nightgown to sleep in instead of her day clothes. Slipping her feet into her boots she realized she had no socks, and she could feel her left little toe peeking out of her boot. Grabbing over her leather bag that held her meager amount of possessions, Caddy opened the door. As her eyes adjusted to the light of the hallways, Caddy rummaged through her bag to try and find her comb. Before she found her comb, she stuck her hand through the bottom of her bag, ripping through the seems. The bag split, throwing everything she owned on the floor without mercy.

Cursing Caddy bent to pick it up. She she collected her stuff, she tried to pile it all in her arms, but failed. She knew that her apartment lead to the open street, so she couldn't dart back to her room and drop the things off before coming back to get more. Sitting on the ground she started to organize and pile her things so she could carry them.

"Well, little lady, are you playing in the hallway?" A deep and raspy voice interrupted her self-inflicted grumbling. Caddy's head shot up, a glare already set on her face, and the man's eyes widened in surprise once he caught hers.

"What do you want." She snapped at the man, scooping up her stuff, and dropping it again.

"Woah, calm down girl." He said pulling his hands back in surrender. He said, crouching down and helping Caddy pick her stuff up.

"Thanks." She said coldly as they stood up. The man just stared at her eyes in a questioning disbelief for a good minute an a half "You wanna help me get these back to my room? Or are you just gonna stand there and stare?"

"U-u-uh yeah. I'm coming." The man said, following her to her room. Taking out her key she opened the door and held it for him. Only because you have my stuff, Caddy thought to him angrily, not wanting to admit that she was actually being friendly to a complete stranger.

"Just dump it somewhere. I'll pick it up later." She said sourly keeping the door open, and dumping what she had on her floor. Instead the man walked in her room.

"You have no light?" Caddy shook her head, still glaring at him, holding the door open. "Well that's too bad, I'm scared of the dark." He said, snooping around. Caddy smirked, not liking his snooping, so she closed the door to see what he would do. It got really quiet.

"Lil'Lady?" The man said, on the other side of the room. Caddy quietly sucked in a breathe and held it. She hadn't expected him to move, and suddenly he had her by the arms."Gotchya."

"Hey! Get off me!" Caddy tried wrenching herself free. Closing the door was a childish thing to do, considering she didn't know this man, very, very childish.

"Never let a stranger in your home." He chuckled in a sick perverse way, wrapping one arm around her, and feeling around the room with his other. Caddy tried to pull him towards the door, but they ran into her bed, and they both toppled onto it. I really need to get to know my room! Caddy randomly thought as he lost this grasp on Caddy and she quickly tried to get out from under him. She couldn't see a thing, but tried to crawl in any direction, hoping to get off the bed. His hand latched onto her hip, and she was dragged towards him. She could feel his nails dig into her hips, ripping through her pants, as she struggled away. He wrestled on top of her, and eventually got her laying on her belly. He held her two hands in his above her head, straddling her rump. She wiggled to try and get free, searching for the splintered part of the head board, that she managed to bump her head on every night, but never took care of it. She finally reached the loose board, and desperately tired peeling it off, as she heard him unzip his pants.

"Arrrrggghhhh!" She screamed, bucking her head back as soon as the piece of wood released. She felt something sharp on her skull, and realized she hit him in the chin. She gasped in pain, squeezing some tears out as she tried to turn around. She took the splinted plank in her hand and blindly jabbed in his direction, never hitting him while she tried to get off of her own bed. Soon enough, she landed with a thunk on the floor. Less than a second later, so did he. Staying perfectly still, Caddy held her breathe, as he tiptoed around the room looking for her. Keeping her feet off of the ground, she crawled away from her bed, were she guessed her door would be. She started to feel light headed as she groped the wall she had reached, desperately searching for the door.

Suddenly there was light, from outside. The man stood in the door way, and Caddy let out a scream, grabbing the thing closest to her; a chair. She held it above her head, and ran towards him. She thrashed the chair wildly in front of her. She felt it hit something hard, and the chair cracked. She hit it again and again, until The man was laying on the floor, and the chair was in pieces. Gasping for breathe, she leaned over, propping her hands on her knees. Her dark curls fell in her face, and she felt a warm sticky liquid seep down her forehead. Watching the crimson liquid fall onto the wood, she stood up. Cursing at the unconscious bloody man, she took his hands, and dragged him out of her room. She dragged him down the hall of her apartment complex. She was about to toss him down the stairs, not caring if he died, when she eyed his pockets. Sighing, Caddy gave into her addiction, and stuck her hand in his pockets. She pulled out 20 silver mizas, one gold miza, and two marbles.

Caddy decided to just leave him there at the top of the stairs, thinking it too much work to toss a full grown man down the stairs after fighting him, and dragging him almost twenty feet. Going back to her room, Caddy propped the door open with the other chair so she would have light. Then, she ripped a section of her sleeve, figuring she would get a new blouse anyways. She folded the cloth and placed it on her head, holding it with one hand. With the other she collected her things around the room, and placed them on the table. She found her coin purse and pocketed it. Deciding that she looked like a mess, Caddy started walking to the market.

Last edited by Caddy Twist on January 23rd, 2013, 1:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm attempting to make amends and get everything back in order, please bear with me guys
Caddy Twist
Player

Words: 24064
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 7:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Not Worth It (Solo)

Postby Caddy Twist on September 9th, 2012, 1:27 am

"Oh my! Are you okay young lady? You have blood on your forhead!" A middle aged woman looked at Caddy as soon as she stepped into the shop. Caddy glared at her. She had chosen to go to a tailor's shop first. Caddy had realized that over the summer she had stopped taking care of herself, and now it was time to get back into a healthy and well kept lifestyle that she was currently not living.

"Oh dear! Your eyes!" She excalimed, "How horrible it must be for a child like you to have those wretched eyes!"

"Lady! I'm twenty years old! Leave me alone and let me get some clothes!" Caddy snapped at her, going straight for the premade clothes so she could get out of there as soon as possible. The woman closed her mouth with a snap, and walked away to go behind the counter. Sighing with relief, Caddy quickly browsed through the rack.

Over two hours later and 'polite' arguments over fashion versus quality with the shop owner, Caddy had a new wardrobe and Caddy unhappily paid for the clothes.

Caddy knew she had a long week ahead of her in order to get her life back in order, but she was tired of it already. Passing a bakery, Caddy stopped and bought a half-dozen biscuts, asking for them to be wrapped in paper, so she could take them with her. Once that was done, Caddy headed home, it was almost dark, when Caddy was reminded of her light dilemma. Looking around Caddy saw a small candlemaking shop. Caddy picked out one large candle that would last her a while and paid for it. As she went home. As soon as Caddy was in her room, she dropped her stuff on the table, thoroughly exhausted. Who knew shopping was so tiring? Caddy though utterly hating her self because of all of the precious money she spent. Caddy quicklly lit the candle, by the fading light of outside. As soon as the candle was steadily lit, Caddy closed her door. Changing into a brand new fresh pair of undergarments and into her new silk chemise, Caddy fell asleep immediately.

List of Items Bought and Prices :
I checked the price list and I hope I have the prices right. When I couldn't find it on the price list I just put Unknown under Price and you can decide the price.
Item Price
Leather Belt 2sm
Lambskin High boots 5 sm
Teal Sweater Unknown
Grey Slim Cotton Pants 1 sm
Grey Wool Scarf 7 cm
Silk Chemise 6gm
Three sets of undergarments Unknown
Large Candle Unknown
Six Biscuits Unknown

Last edited by Caddy Twist on January 23rd, 2013, 6:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm attempting to make amends and get everything back in order, please bear with me guys
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Worth It (Solo)

Postby Caddy Twist on September 11th, 2012, 1:13 am

Slowly Caddy opened her eye's, closing them again at the soft light.

"Unnngh," She groaned stretching in her bed, her head hitting on the now even more broken head board. Squishing and stretching her eyebrows, she felt something crusted onto her forehead. Sighing, she brought her fingers up, and scrubbed the crusted blood off of her skin.

"Today is another day to get my life back in order." Caddy sighed to herself, already tired at the thought. Sitting up, Caddy remembered she now had clothes. Quickly using the chamber pot, she ran outside still in her chemise to dump it, glancing over and seeing a middle-aged woman do the same. They nodded to each other and returned to their own apartment. Caddy made her bed quickly, and took her time arranging toiletries on her table. Then, laying out her clothes on her bed, she looked at them. Caddy chose the grey colored pants and the baby pink shirt. She then slipped on her leather boots, wiggling her toes in them, a little to get them used to her shape.

As she changed, Caddy realized that she needed a washtub, and soap. Wrinkling her nose, Caddy took a chair and propped her door open. She then blew out the candle and preceded to fold her clothes. Her finish product looked like a pile of unidentifiable cloth. Shrugging, Caddy opened her wardrobe and tossed the clothes in. Glancing around her room, Caddy considered it acceptable. Grabbing her coin purse she put it in her pocket and set out to the market to finish her list, hopefully.
Last edited by Caddy Twist on January 21st, 2013, 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Worth It (Solo)

Postby Caddy Twist on September 13th, 2012, 12:36 am

As Caddy wandered through the market place, glancing in shops, she saw a clock shop. Peering in, she saw the shop manager, rummaging for something under the counter. Lightly, Caddy stepped into the shop, looking around. The Shop owner stood up briefly and looked on his desk, nodding to Caddy as she looked at the pocket watches. She made a point to keep one side to him and avoid eye contact so he wouldn't single her out. When he turned around briefly, Caddy slipped on of the smaller watches into her pocket. He turned around again, apparently on the search for a missing object, he rummaged through the various items on his desk. Caddy picked up a larger table clock, and pretended to look at it until the shop owner turned around again. As soon as Caddy could see his back, she bolted. She didn't look back or stop running until she was safely to her apartment complex. Cradling the table clock in her arm, she checked it to make sure the hands were okay before letting out a big breathe and start to slow her breathing down.

Unlocking her room, Caddy stepped inside, setting her two clocks on the table. Caddy would need a chain for her pocket watch in order to keep the time on her. Placing it her pocket anyways Caddy set out again.
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Worth It (Solo)

Postby Caddy Twist on January 21st, 2013, 11:22 pm

Caddy was happy once she returned to the market place, the crowds have swelled and the shop owners and clerks were more easily distracted. It wasn't hard to pass a Ravokian and lift a chain or recently bought product off of them. On the second try she was caught. Caddy's wrist ripped a nobleman's pocket, his coin purse had been too large for her to wrap her fingers around and still be able to get her hand out. Immediately Caddy sprinted, you couldn't lie to a noble, unlike most, they were used to it. Not long after a boy, maybe three years younger, pummeled her to the ground. Obviously he saw the whole thing and opted to help the Noble out, knowing he would get a reward. It was a brief fight because the boy was larger and stronger than her. He snatched the wallet from her within a few seconds and ran back to the Nobleman before she could swipe it back. Just as well, at least he didn't drag me to the authorities. Caddy thought, dusting herself off and glaring at those who watched the brawl. One lady screamed at Caddy's eyes and Caddy decided it was time she disappeared.

The sun was almost setting by the time Caddy was on the other side of the city, near the Ale Houses and Brothels, where Ravok came alive at night. The easiest people to thieve from was drunks. Caddy entered the nearest Bar which was already in full swing. A couple tables got pulled together where burly, red-faced men were already singing their songs. The lonely middle-aged men wallowed in their grief at the booths and the young womanizers seduced the pants off of women at the bar. That was were Caddy chose to try her luck.
Caddy Twist
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets