Open WANTED: Poets

Bethsyliss seeks a poet and is willing to pay for services. [Simply drop a letter!]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

WANTED: Poets

Postby Bethsyliss on February 11th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Day 79 of Winter, 512 AV.

Bethsyliss was on her way back from the Scholar's Sanctum. She had not gone there for academic purposes, but merely to purchase materials for writing; for she had something very specific in mind, and it would require pen and paper. So it was that she had bought, on the recommendations of a cordial, dark-haired Eypharian named Naskre who sat scribbling at his desk in the library, five one-ounce bottles of black ink costing two golden mizas each, ten quills costing five copper mizas each, and eighty pieces of wadj worth one silver miza each, for the total sum of eighteen gold-rimmed coins and five silver. She trod happily back to her home in the Pillars of Dust, ready to commence execution of her plan.

Ronin was not at home. She could get on with her business without him rubbing his nose in what she was doing. She sat on her wooden bench, took out a piece of wadj, a quill and a bottle of ink from which she carefully removed the stopper. She wrote in common tongue. The scrape of ink against paper was quite satisfying to her. Two bells passed before she had finished writing her message and got rid of all the mistakes she could spot. It said:

WANTED: Poets

Greetings to all fellow cityzens citizens of Ahnatep. I, Bethsyliss, daughter to Vvesebeth and Shiisehzvwardi of the viper Dhani, who reside upstairs in the building behind this signpost since the Winter of this year, seek a poet with at least Basic knowledge of the Common written language to aid me in the writing of a lettter of private contence contents. Your discretion is required.

Payment will consist of an amount of money equal to twice the sum of your skill points in Calligraphy, Composition, Rhetoric, Seduction and Writing, counted in silver mizas, no matter how much time is spent to fulfill my request. The minimum total wage is 2 GM and the maximum total wage may not exeed exceed 10 GM. Wadj, ink and quills are provided by me.

If this job interests you, please leave a note under my door (second floor in the building behind this signpost) by Day 82 of Winter. Indicate your name and your skill level in each of the afformantionned afourmensionned skills mentioned above, as well as anything you think I should know. You may pass by even if you haven't registered. You are expected at the strike of the 14th bell on Day 83 of Winter. If many people respond to this offer, I will choose all or a select number of them to carry out this job on Day 83.

Thank you for your intrest.

-- Syliss

Syliss was rather satisfied with her message. She went down the stairs from her apartment and placed the piece of wadj on the wooden signpost next to the paper listing the current tenants of the building. This will be perfect, she thought, and went back up into her home, impatiently awaiting replies from aspiring and professional poets alike while she hummed a tuneless song near the brazier she used as a fireplace. She anticipated the eighty-third day of winter with great excitement.
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook