Hey! :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Korvathi on February 11th, 2013, 4:01 am

Hey everyone, just thought I'd post an introduction about myself so everyone can get to know me. :)

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!: My real name is Skylar, and as my Forum Name says, my Character's name is Korvathi, feel free to call me by either my real or character name. If you want to give me a nick-name feel free to, just make sure to let me know first, so I know your referring to me when you use it. :P

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?: Well, I first started casual role-play back when I used to play WoW, and this was around 5 years ago. After quitting WoW I purchased Minecraft to play with some friends which eventually led to one of my friends and I coming upon the Minecraft Role-play server known as Lord of the Craft, a server that I have been role-playing on for about 2 years now. Up until recently though the Rp on the LoTC has gone stale for me and I decided to go and search for a place to relax, practice my rp, and have some fun with others who enjoy role-playing as well. :) To sum this all up, I would have to say I've been a casual role-player for about 6 years, and in just the last year I have become more interested in role-playing and I guess that's why I am here.

3. How did you find us?: I was just absently looking for a place to role-play and came upon a Role-play website listing site that referred the Mizahar community as number one, so I decided to check it out and here I am now.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?: I enjoy fantasy/medieval role-play, basically any role-play that isn't a modern day setting and universe.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?: I enjoy writing a variety of stories, I particularly enjoy writing about my character's as being hunters and surviving in the wilds and forests, I've never actually been hunting before, but the concept has always intrigued me which I guess relates to why I enjoy writing about the subject so much. :D Things that I don't really enjoy writing about would probably have to be involving positions of power or decisions that would effect large groups of people, I'm kind of a quiet person and I guess I pass it on to my characters which often leads to most of them being quiet and keeping to themselves as well.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?: I really enjoyed just reading about the races and how they came to be, as well as the multitude of races to choose from.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?: Nothing has really frustrated me, but the one issue I have which really isn't an issue with the community itself, but with me is that I'm kind of intimidated by the entirety of the community and if I will be able to actually be able to successfully integrate myself into the community or end up accidentally making an error and being rejected.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?: I would definitely enjoy the experience of Mizahar just as is, but I would also love to further develop both my writing skills and my role-play skills.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?: I honestly don't have any ideas as I've only been a member for such a short time and don't really believe that I know enough about Mizahar to give an educated answer as to what I'd like to see expanded on in the Mizahar Community.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?: All I can really say left is that if anyone has a question or if my answers didn't tell enough in detail, then please do feel free to ask me and I will try and answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Korvathi
The Lonely Huntsman

Words: 7872
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2013, 2:27 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Bethsyliss on February 11th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Hi fellow newcomer! Welcome to Mizahar. I'm Syliss from Ahnatep and I'd be thrilled to RP with you if the occasion rises. Have fun and I hope I'll see you in-game soon :)

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Korvathi on February 11th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Thanks for the kind welcoming Syliss, it makes me feel a lot better knowing that someone's glad that I joined. :D Looking forward to role-playing with you as well. :)
Korvathi
The Lonely Huntsman

Character sheet

Postby Darcy Silverwood on February 11th, 2013, 7:36 pm

'Skylar' - what an awesome name! :)

Welcome to Mizahar!
Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don’t you go down
~ ♥
Darcy Silverwood
Destined to be different~

Words: 24237
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 12th, 2013, 1:09 am

Welcome to Mizahar! if you have any questions feel free to go into Chat and ask around, everyone there is guaranteed to be super helpful and nice! Or ask a mod, they love answering questions and will be glad to help you out!

And as long as you don't do or say anything inappropriate (Being vulgar in general, mean, trolling, flaming, spamming, god-modding that kind of stuff) and you're nice and courteous to others you should have a fine time here. You won't get rejected as long as you're nice.

It's not hard to integrate, I've seen people who are new and just making their CS's make friends with a good amount of people via chat, chat is a great way to make friends which will guarantee you more threads to roleplay in.

Well I can't wait to see you in character, I have several characters in several places I'll likely run into you eventually. Have fun here and take your time making your character and ask all the questions you might have to be sure you get everything right. Being slightly annoying by asking so many questions and making a quality CS is better than being shy and quiet and making a bad CS.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Korvathi on February 12th, 2013, 4:16 am

Alright, thanks for the help Kiran! I'll make sure to take your tips to heart and get started on my CS as soon as possible, thanks again and see you around soon I hope. :)

EDIT: Sorry Darcy, almost missed your post there, and thanks for the welcome! :D
Korvathi
The Lonely Huntsman

Character sheet