Closed Of Ghost and Spirits

Cassy wanders into the city of Ravok, only barely holding onto her sanity, when she runs into two very interesting individuals.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Cassy on February 5th, 2013, 12:00 am

44th of Winter, 512 AV

Cold... Always there was cold, and emptiness. The child's mind rolled with it, was consumed by it, this chilled silence that was what her soul had become. Lost and left to wander the earth Cassy was never quite sure what held her to this plane of existance, but though she could not put it to words when she thought hard about it she felt something within her snap and the cold emptiness was replaced with raging depths of ice and snow that lashed out at her mind, calling for... Vengeance? Answers? She wasn't sure, but what ever it might be it held her firmly clasped to this life. She had to know the reason, had to see him...

Her eyes looked up from the lapping waters as she neared the floating city. For more than 3 years Cassy had given up on acting as if she were alive, and so she did not bother to move her bare feet as she made her way silently to the nearest dock. Moon's light glittered overhead, and when she looked up Cassy shivered as a wave of familiarity washed over her. Bits of ice fell from her clothing as she wrapped her arms tighter about herself in a futile attempt to be rid of the cold that she only felt in mind not body. Hair as white as snow floated at odd angles, whipping about as if caught in a breeze as her see through body stepped upon the wood. Eyes that saw but did not see turned over the quiet streets, and she set forward into what was another city that meant little to her in her travels.
Last edited by Cassy on February 5th, 2013, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cassy
Forlorn Innocence

Words: 6663
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Noaru on February 5th, 2013, 6:21 pm

“ There are nights such as these that spirits roam, seemingly looking for comfort from the moon and starlit sky but why do you seem so sad?”

Noaru was in the darkness much like the evil entity he was--he had lurked in these dark places, seeking out lost souls and or twisted souls of the living and dead. The presence of another ghost immediately grabs his attention much like the promise of soulmist... he cannot resist approaching other ghosts. Noaru wasn't sure if the young ghost would hear his words, she seemed distant and lost in thought which made him believe that she wasn't a ghost for long or speculate this much.

Noaru understood the need of the use of will when he desired to use his soulmist, he knew whether his will was fueled by ill intent or joy... the soulmist would react to one's will which was essential for existences such as him, he knew this all to well. Noaru manifested into view, his bodies transparent silhouette seemed to fade but only slight as the black soulmist around him coated his body, giving him a more solid form. The spirit's form came into full-view as the soulmist embraced him and completed its cycle. Noaru stood seemingly cloaked in darkness, his hooded-robe gave off an ominous feel--all the while his intentions were pure.

“”

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Elaine Spade on February 5th, 2013, 6:37 pm

A night with the moon. Elaine was wandering around the streets and was thinking. Her appearance was clear she wore her red dress and her soulmist was grey. She could be alone. Until now. She noticed Noaru's dark soulmist and presence. She went closer. Then she saw another person. She had to look carefully and she noticed another ghost. A girl just like herself. She whispered to both of them:

~Hello again, Shadow Lord. And you are?~ She whispered to the young spirit.~Why are you so sad on this calm night? This is the only thing you'll get in such a place...~

She looked around while saying it. Elaine knew only one spirit and now she saw another one. A young soul who are just like a girl like herself. She was interested on that spirit. She floated next to Noaru and looked at the moon. She always found people when the moon came up.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Character sheet

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Cassy on February 5th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Voices... Voices that echoed and fluttered, fluxuating and clung to the senses like the misty fog. Cassy's eyes slowly brightened as her mind was brought forward from within the depths of cold that filled her soul. Comming slowly to a stop she noticed the man... no the creature before her. His form, his voice, his presence... All of it called for her attention, and for the first time in seasons Cassy found compelled to speak.

"Who... are you...?"

The girl grasped desperately at thoughts that fluttered about like leaves in the wind, pulling together coherent thoughts from the darkness as she slowly began to take in her surroundings. How long had she walked? Where was she now? Cassy was not sure, but now... now suddenly there was a solid in her existence, something which called for her attention and she now clasped at it to pull herself from the void. Her eyes of bloom shimmered as she looked at the new figure, another stone with which to grasp hold of, to hoist herself from her own seclusion. Furrowing her brow Cassy's small hands grasped at her hair, closing her eyes she knelt down, eyes shut as she tried to...

"I-I..." She shook her head tears falling from her eyes as she shivered, ice falling from her clothing. Looking up her gaze caught the moon's light, and fresh tears wept from her eyes as she shook, "I... d-don't know..."

Memories bubbled up, tried to surface but Cassy fought them back. It had been seasons, years since she had tried to forget, tried to suppress the thoughts and memories and yet... yet now they flooded back as she closed her eyes, trembling and pulling at her own hair. What little solidity began to fade from her form as she lost concentration. Her limbs began to fade to wisps, tendrils of soulmist claiming the edges of her form, even her hair and fingers, yet her face remained unchanged as she struggled to understand that which welled up within her.

Now crouched low, a pitiable figure of a crying, weeping child who shivered with cold and desperation, Cassy looked up at the figures before her, confusion and despair filling her glowing blue eyes, "W-where... a-am I...?"
Cassy
Forlorn Innocence

Character sheet

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Noaru on February 6th, 2013, 12:21 am

“I'am Noaru.... The place you reside in now is The City Of the Blackened Sun... Ravok.”

Noaru could see the instability outside and within Cassy, he could feel it like a tinge upon his soulmist. The will of this girl wasn't quite yet broken, she still held on but barely; he couldn't imagine what would happen to her should her will completely fade, her soulmist would become less consistent and her power would not flow through her spiritual body. Noaru remembers the moment he nearly exhausted all his power, he was slowly fading unable to keep his form and his voice could barely be heard then but slowly he began to lose himself. There's a worst state than death for ghosts, it wasn't dusting either nor having one's soulmist torn from the soul... but non-existence, he assumed would be the result if a soul was to lose all its power.

“Elaine... Shadow lords a bit strange for me despite my traits. I prefer the name that I'm called in the common tongue, Noaru.”

Noaru averted his attention back to Cassy--the sad cold soul, he could imagine the pain she feels. The realization of death is different with each soul, memories are sometimes painful, compelling a soul to accomplish what tasks they so important but Noaru knew he was different--an anchor kept him here in the physical world. The spirit crouched onto a single knee near Cassy and placed a hand onto her head, trying to comfort a soul who was probably far to young to understand the words soon to come.

“I can help you resolve your feelings and awful memories.”

Noaru spoke to Cassy in a calm tone: a tone he had used before only once.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Elaine Spade on February 7th, 2013, 7:34 am

~Fine, Noaru! My name is Elaine Spade, The Silent Lady.~ She whispered and went closer to the girl.~I w--I--~

Elaine wanted to say something but she couldn't. Even she tried to speak calm and comfort the young spirit she didn't have much experience with friendship nor what she can do or tell or anything in a situtation like this. The Silent Lady was suprised by Noaru's calm tone. Never heard of it. Elaine was thinking what to do. She ended up to mimic Noaru and she went to Cassy and knelt down. She still couldn't say any word how ever she could understand and see how sad she was. A soul who is lost. Such a fate for a poor girl. Elaine looked around but found nothing and nobody. She stared back to Cassy. She whispered to her.

~And I will be here too, I'm a young ghost too...~ Yes Elaine not good at it. She couldn't believe she said this to someone she never thought she would. Elaine was uncomfortable with the situation because she couldn't do anything useful at the moment.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Cassy on February 7th, 2013, 8:03 am

A lake... waters frozen, the moon in the sky. Images, sights, smells and sounds, all flooded back, filled Cassy as she was forced to remember, forced to see to relive it. Her eyes stared wide but did not see as her soulmist swirled in erratic patters, spinning in agitation that mimicked the inner turmoil she carried in her soul.

Then she saw it... She saw it now, that moment when everything had... When the waters flowed over her, when the cold sunk into her bones and filled her.'

Her fingers clasped at her throat as she began to drown once more, and she shook violently as she began to freeze again. Eyes rolling back, spirit lashing wildly, Cassy finally remembered as she relived her death once more. Now she was there, back upon the edge of the lake. She felt the shove, heard the cracking of the ice, and she turned and saw...

"B-brother... W-why...?" Then she stilled as the terrors that plagued her mind began to fade, and the agitation ceased. She was... dead, but she knew that didn't she? She had realized it some time ago, she realized it often. She was a spirit, a lost soul that wandered the earth, so why was she here? Why did she not simply move on?

Then it was that she remembered what held her strong, kept her moving and roaming. She remembered what had never truly been forgotten. Slowly the soulmist gathered, filled her as she called forth all of her concentration and control to will her body to form once more. Looking up, eyes still fogged yet the confusion dissipating, Cassy touched the hand upon her head. Her eyes sought out the man's who had called her from the darkness, and she whispered, "I-I... Don't w-want these feelings resolved...

Pulling back from them both Cassy's form became more pronounced. The mist around her, how a shimmering blue like light through a glacier, swirled around her, giving definition to her shape. Her body could be made out. A slim girl, a child no more than 8 or 9 years of age. White hair that fell down past her waist, soft lines of the face and eyes of deep blue. She was draped in a loose fitting white nightgown, and upon her skin, in her hair and her clothing patches of ice could be seen. Those eyes, cold as the waters that had taken her life, looked at the two who had confronted her, "I want... vengeance..." Those words, spoken in the voice of a child, held the hard edge of cruelty to them. It was, in the deepest sense, what the child wished, longed for with a single minded intensity.

Slowly she shook her head, hands coming to her face as the girl groaned, "I... I have traveled for so long, I..."

She looked between the two, brow furrowing as she struggled to recall what was said to her, "N-Noaru..?" She looked at the man, that shroud of darkness that seemed detached from the darkness yet so much a part of it. Those shimmering eyes looked at Elaine, and she hesitated, seeming to have trouble piecing together her thoughts, "E-Elaine...?

Wrapping her arms about her waist Cassy shivered, closing her eyes for just a moment before speaking in a small voice, "I-I am Cassy... Th-the Forsaken..."
Cassy
Forlorn Innocence

Character sheet

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Noaru on February 11th, 2013, 9:55 pm

“Cassy, you seek vengeance much like us all but most fail because they become victims to their chaotic mental states. I struggled for five hundred years--five hundred long years alone within darkness and look what I've become.... a timeless curse. ”

Noaru felt the strength of the young ghosts conviction but also did he notice that she did not have the current mental state to main that conviction, her will. Noaru stood to his feet, looking down to the young soul who was just to young to be a wandering spirit--to innocent in age to be walking and suffering alone in darkness. Noaru started placing the pieces together--Cassy mentioned a brother of hers; her current appearance was pale and cold with some traces of ice being on her spiritual form... did her brother kill her?

“ The task in killing your brother will prove to be difficult, if your unstable and not thinking clearly... I will need to see the magnitude of your strength also.”

Noaru hoped that he was right in his assumption and the task at hand would prove to be effective as well in calming the young soul. Noaru walked by Cassy and Elaine bringing them in the direction of a quiet home, dimly lit with the presence of candles and sleeping souls.

“”

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Of Ghost and Spirits

Postby Elaine Spade on February 14th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Elaine stood up and was staring at Cassy.

~The Forsaken? Your brother? Oh for Dira... A human's sin again...He left you die didn't he? Or worse?~
She sighed and she put her hand on his face. She somehow felt a bit sorry for her but there wasn't really a true emotion from Elaine. She then listened what Noaru said. ,,Most fail because they become victims to their chaotic mental states." It repeated in her mind. Maybe that's where her otherself had born? No way... She was here before the vegeance. But... She always woke up when she felt anger for a human. Could she lost her mind forever and her otherself take her forever? No that can't happen. She had to take control of her before the "other Elaine" do it. She looked back to Cassy.

~You said you travelled for long. Where did you came? How did you end up here?~

Then again so many questions which have to awsnered. Elaine appearance was clear at the moment. She could focus on it more and more at the moon's light. She turned her head to Noaru and was curious what's in his mind again. As always she followed him to find out. A quiet home. Hmm was he wanted to hid here or ... Elaine was thinking while she walked there.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet