There's a Jamoura in my Pantry (Lusa/Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Creeper on April 9th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Timestamp: Spring 80, 512 AV
Time: Early Morning
Who: Lusa Delf

Kashal sat in the Mess Hall, watching the girl slave hard for all the empty stomachs. The girl had some talent around the cooking fire. She needed some smoothing around the edges, that's for sure, but she showed promise. Kashal continued to watch her bustle. She watched the nuances in her steps, the cautious nature, the way she jumped at loud noises. Kashal suspected her to be a Kelvic, perhaps a deer or rabbit. Certainly not a predator. She had known enough Kelvic in her time to spot them from a sling throw away.

She smiled, a rarity in this trying time. She needed a distraction, and this girl needed some polishing to turn her into a fine gem. Kashal got up from her seat, and followed the girl outside to one of the cooking fires. She crept silently up behind her, and whispered in her ear, "A bit heavy handed with the spices dear." When Lusa would turn around she would see the kind face of a female Jamoura. "My name is Kashal, and I run the Mess Hall here. Are you one of those from Sunberth to help our fair city?"

Kashal's eyes would show a tinge of sadness within her. She didn't know if her husband was dead or alive within the city. Feeding the people here was a decent distraction, but she couldn't get past the void left by his absence. She just wanted to see him one more time. She knew where he'd be in the city, she knew what other things would be there. A thought formed in her mind, a thought she wouldn't normally think if Greth were here.

"Would you like to help me get some supplies from my shop in town? We will be in and out, and I could teach you more about feeding these people than you could learn in twenty seasons on your own."

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Lusa on April 16th, 2012, 7:05 am

Lusa was quite enjoying her first day of work in the Mess Hall, glad to be doing something that didn't involve combat; or riding. Her thighs and bottom were still quite sore and raw from riding; she had lessened the pain somewhat by running in deer form as much as she could stand, but she was not a creature built for endurance, and she had had to ride for much of the trip.

She was unused to working in a kitchen with others, having cooked mostly on her own up until this point, and it was taking some getting used to. The loud, clanging noises of a busy kitchen had kept her in something of a frazzled state earlier in the day, but she was slowly learning to tune it out and remain calm. At least the work was distracting her from her saddle sores.

She was pulled from her thoughts with a yelp when Karshal spoke to her so closely, nearly dropping the entire spice container into the food. She whipped around, coming face to face with the female Jamoura. She seemed kind, and Lusa beamed when Karshal offered to bring Lusa along on a supply-gathering trip. From her own pantry, no less!

"Yes! Yes! I'd love to go!" she chirped, forgetting to offer her own name in return.

Lusa
Player

Words: 31212
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Creeper on April 27th, 2012, 6:44 am

Kashal smiled at the girl's enthusiasm. "Finish making the meal, use a bit more basil too, give it the right amount of spice. Gather any supplies you think you may need within the Fog." Kashal would wait patiently, continuing to monitor the girl's cooking. She would follow Lusa if she needed to go elsewhere, and when she was finally ready, Kashal would begin lumbering toward the forest. "Let's go little doe."

Kashal lead Lusa slowly through the forest, and as they traveled, she pointed out several things of import to the young Kelvic. She pointed to a budding bush, the soon to be blooms white, and conical in shape, "We call that a Baby Bear Bush, it grows edible berries that are quite tasty." They continued onward, her pointing out other plants like Rock Lettuce, Talderan Strawberries, and Blue Elderberry. After about a bell, they would find themselves on the edge of the Fog. They were still a bell or two from the city, Kashal turned to her companion, "Are you ready? Stay close, and be quiet, and careful, it's very dangerous in here."

Kashal then plunged into the fog, pulling Lusa by the hand. For a bell and a half, they would come across no dangers aside from the occasional tripping on a root. Kashal showed Lusa a winding staircase made of wood and vines, overgrown by an ivy of some sort. If Lusa hadn't been shown, she wouldn't have even noticed it. Pressing a large finger to her lips, telling Lusa to be silent, Kashal began to ascend the stairs, when a loud roar erupted, followed by a massive Jamoura landing two yards from Lusa.

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Capricious on February 14th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Lusa

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
• Plant: Baby Bear Bush

Although Lusa has been invactive since late January, I graded this thread anyways in case Lusa should return.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)